Amusement

by Jojo

:D :) :o :lol:

Amusing incidents are as commonplace and abundant as houseflies. One does not have to go to the depths of the inside of the Earth to find an amusing incident. They are found everywhere. Come to think of it, life is itself an amusing incident. It could have been that I was supposed to be my father and my father me. God, in a last minute mix-up swapped our places and my father made his grand entry into the world while I had to twiddle my thumbs in heaven, waiting for my chance to come. A busy man like God surely commits such errors every now and then. Imagine my father coming to school, of course without the grey hair, and bearing the brunt of the teachers, and myself lounging at home pretending to read big fat books and not understanding a single syllable in front of me.

Even within the boundaries of school life, amusing incidents occur as frequently as Roger Federer wins tennis matches. As for myself, I cannot seem to remember any single hour in which no funny thought came to my mind. How ever the population explodes and time passes on, amusing incidents will continue to happen as long as there is life on Earth.

:lol: :o :) :D

Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:25 am
Sohini says...

is thos a bit shortened from the original one??
it's really well written and of course it's hilarious.

{i humbly apologize for unknowingly insulting you in "About the Authors"-o lord of the jungle with soiled shoes}

Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:39 am
Eleanor Rigby wrote a review...

I like this! It's complex, yet quite simple. It seems as though you were enjoying one of those rarely euphoric moments in life where you can sit back, relax, pluck yourself outside of your world and have an objective view of it. It's neat because you start off in a very general state, then begin to particularize the middle with specific examples of your selected theme, and then you once again finish it off with a generality. Pretty much any time you write this way you'll end up with a convincing piece, no matter the length. I would be interesting in seeing this elaborated more, if you have anything else to say. Oh, and interesting analogy with the Roger Federer parallel! Overall, it was very interesting! :wink:

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon