POD 33- Cheaters and Liars -On Both Accounts

by JC

:!: THIS IS AFTER CHAPTER 30:2!!!

-Cheaters and Liars

-On Both Accounts

“He shouldn’t have been allowed to do that,” Tammy ranted, “why the hell did the judge clear his freaking witnesses if one’s in the hospital.”

Jamie walked quietly next to Tammy, trying not to intervene.

“I mean, what was the point of calling a guy in a hospital up? Oh yeah, sure, to make a point. We all already knew he was in the hospital, god!” Tammy dropped her things hard onto her car. Jamie jumped, no way would Tammy hurt her car for no reason.

Tammy inspected a minuscule scratch on the hood from the briefcase’s hardware and sighed.

“I’m sorry, Jamie, I shouldn’t have freaked out at you.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Jamie said absently.

“Don’t worry, tomorrow I get to call up witnesses. I have to go prepare for that, but I can give you a ride home first.”

Jaime shook her head, “No thanks.”

“Are you sure?” Tammy asked, “It’s a long walk.”

Jamie smiled and nodded. Tammy gave her a quick hug before stepping into her car and driving off.

It was a two mile walk home, no biggie. Jamie walked slowly, sometimes watching the sky, the cars, the ground. She was lost in thought.

***

There is a lot to say about exactly what I was thinking that day. My mind was everywhere at one, but it all came back to this at every point. Finally this has purpose beyond being just words to make change.

This is my memoir, my story about all that has happened, and will happen. Whether it’s good or bad, tragic or happily ever after; this is my story.

***

She looked up at the rock house surrounded by a halo of early sunset. Her mom’s car was sitting in the driveway, all the lights in the house were on.

Jamie walked inside, looking around for where her mom was before entering a room. A noise came from the kitchen, Jamie watched as her mom walked out with piece of a broken bowl in her hands.

“Jamie,” she said.

There was no answer. Jamie remembered her mother crying, lying, cheating, doing everything to get Jamie taken away. She said nothing.

Her mother broke down into tears, “I’m so story baby, I had to…I…Mr. Ortega said…” she fell to her knees and put her head in her hands, dropping the bowl to the ground.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” Mary said it over and over to her daughter. Jamie didn’t move, she didn’t say anything or offer any comfort. Her heart had turned cold toward her mother, and she felt no sympathy. She felt not

hing at all.

Finally she turned and walked back out the door, leaving her mother behind.

“Jamie-” Mary called out. Jamie was already out the door and getting into her car.

Jamie drove to the spot, hoping nobody would be there. She parked, honked out of habit, and when there was no reply looked down at the dark car. Nobody was in it. She took her notebook and walked to it.

She sat down on the dusty hood where she used to spend so many countless times being human; it was weird to be alone there when everything abnormal was suddenly noticeable.

***

Just leaving her behind like that was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. It wasn’t just leaving, it was like saying, “I don’t need you anymore. I don’t want you anymore.” I knew it hurt her, but does she even realize how much she hurt me?

A million things were rushing through my brain as I made the decision. What about my promise to her, to keep her safe. I guess it doesn’t matter now, I don’t think she deserves my help right now. But what am I going to do when Richard gets back, what will I do then.

The world is going in rotation too quickly and I’m slowly falling behind.

________________________________

Chapter Order:

32still

30:2

33

33squared

:idea: NOW POSTED! CHAPTER 33 squared- Normalities -On Both Accounts

Emerson wrote a review...

Just leaving her behind like that was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.

It was, really? Because when I read it, it looked pretty easy...

Up the emotions, you know? I need to be able to feel them, too.

^_~ That would help this chapter. Otherwise, it was good.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:33 am
sworddance says...

Ah, ok. Then feel free to ignore my comment about that bit, then. =P

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:53 am
JC says...

Sworddance, In another chapter Mary's name is said for the first time...I think it was 30:2...Ortega, or something like that =D

Thanks for all the reviews people =D

-JC

Alainna wrote a review...

Another fantastic chapter JC! *Hugs POD*

"Jamie-" Mary called out. Jamie was already out the door and getting into her car.

This little bit just doesn't seem like it's getting across the drama as much as it could. I completely get what you're trying to put across, but it can be worded better.

Finally she turned and walked out the back door.
"Jamie-" Mary called out. But Jamie was already gone, leaving her mother behind.
Or something to that affect....???

I love your writing and I'm off to read the next part!
Alainna
xxxxxxx

Twit says...

Oh this is sad. But I do think that Jamie's mum deserved that. Nyah.

Great chapter once again, JC!!

-Twit

miyaviloves wrote a review...

Eee like always it was brilliant! You always capture lot's of emotion in your writing, i think that the mistakes have already been pointed out here :).

All the best,
Meevs
x

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:28 am
sworddance wrote a review...

omg! *falls off chair*
I've just been hitting the "view next topic" button to go through all the new posts and looking for the threads I'm following, and suddenly I realized what this one was!

PoD is back! Yaaaaaayyy!!!!!!

Er, anyway. A couple issues conventions-wise can be summed up w/out pointing to each of them individually.

-->Questions need to have a question mark on the end, not a period.
-->If you have two complete sentences -two complete ideas, subject-predicate and all that- linked together, it must be with a semi-colon, not a comma.

Another good chapter; she left behind her lame-&*^ "mother"- yays :D
And I've been wondering that myself- if Richard survives (can I assume from this that he does?) what the heck is she going to do?

Oh, one thing- Tammy says "I shouldn’t have freaked out at you"; well, freaked out doesn't sound like her voice. It sounds too teenager-ish... much like that word... teenager-ish...
:roll:

Oh yeah, and the other thing I noticed. Did you give the mom a name before? I'll go back and look, but it seemed odd that suddenly she was "Mary" when before she'd been 'her mother' or 'mom', and the "Mary" was a wee bit odd since it was a third person limited to Jamie view. If you intended for the name to stand out because she no longer saw her as her mother, that distinction should be made a bit more clearly.

:shock:

There's another section too?

*charges off*

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:26 am
Insomnia wrote a review...

Finally! xD I haven't seen POD around for like, two weeks. xD I think I read all of Ice Cubes since you last posted it. -_- I just got a couple of things. :)

What's up with the paragraphing in the first part? Seems a bit off...

Jaime shook her head,

*Jamie

“I’m so story baby,

*sorry

She felt not
hing at all.

Put that all on one line lol.

But what am I going to do when Richard gets back, what will I do then.

Put a question mark on the end of that. I'll just go read the next 33. xD

more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady