Chionophobia #46 /P

by Incandescence

Removed.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:35 am
Riedawriter23 wrote a review...

Okay, again. I'm different. I did feel sorry for Sarah in this. I didn't know that she was doing all of this for Jon, otherwise I'd probably have liked her more in the past lol. I think she's a big character though sort of hidden. She's important because she comes with her own conflicts, her personality still reflects a bitches and she's important to Jon. That's what I love about her. She can be moved around and placed in almost any which way because she's such a flexible character. Every story has to have at least one of those.

And your ending! Who is it? Bad person:( ? Good person:) ? I have a feeling that you won't tell me the answer so I'll do you a favor and just wait for once. lol

Can't wait to read the next! Great Job.
~Rieda

Emerson wrote a review...

Dr. Laurentz snapped his finger

Don't you usually snap your fingers?

“Yes,” Sarah threw her hands up, “yes I fucking changed all of them. I had no choice—don’t you see that? Jonathon doesn’t deserve what we were going to do him. If anybody does, it’s me.”
I think it should be: "Yes." Sarah threw her hands up. "Yes, I fucking changed all of them.....Jonathon doesn't deserve what we were going to do [to?] him......"

Sarah jumped up from her seat as well, dread welling up like a brick in her stomach.
saying "as well" slows down the action, speed, and drama of the sentence IMO.

This is one of the strongest places where your inability to write scenery is the most annoying :-D

Sarah shrieked as he and the two men turned and walked through what looked like walls. The sound of machines lowering something filled the room. Sarah jumped over the table and saw two walls being lowered over what she had previously thought were walls. She ducked down in time to see they were only very well disguised corridors, but it was too late to run through them.
Very confusing. I have no idea what I am supposed to be picturing. Same with everything else in this....what size is the room, large? Those walls-that-weren't-walls, I can't "see" them.

The room being completely dark and her stumbling around? I don't know what she is stumbling around, and I don't know what the heck is going on, or at least in the sense that I can't "see" what is happening (I suppose this effect goes well with her confusion, but does your reader really deserve this? I was entirely lost)

I suppose I changed my idea of Sarah? Not that much. Perhaps she just is a badly written character, or she bores me. I want to know wtf is going on with her, but I still don't care for her. I only care for her because she means something to Jon. Oh, and it just hit me: Wasn't she in a car accident? How is she not half-dead, or something? Did they heal her/take her to a doctor before all of this? She seems rather healthy. (If there was mention of her getting better, you know all the time lapses of my reading, could be my own fault.)

But still.... It's Ch. Either way I'd be more interested in Jon. Or Kyle. Heck, even the monkey. Sarah bores me.

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl