Chionophobia #38 /P

by Incandescence

Removed.

Jennafina wrote a review...

I really like Jon. Poor guy, lol.

“Nothing,” she shook her head. “We think your wife is in danger.”

“What…what kind of danger?” Jonathon looked around the room again.

I would have expected more of a "No kidding!" response from Jon, since he just saw a picture of her bound and gagged.

Thanks again for posting all these. :)

-Jenna

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:50 am
Riedawriter23 wrote a review...

Wow. Again, great ending. I wasn't too concerned about the agent part that Clau was talking about because, well we don't have to know where Jon is if Jon doesn't know where Jon is. That's just me.

I could really tell that Jon was nervous. You portrayed that wonderfully. I was actually embarrassed for him when his slight jokes to make things better...were shot down. That was great.

And poor naughty Sarah! Gagged, omg. That's wonderful too. She needed to get her ass kicked as bad as Kyle did,(And Kyle, hurt Sarah, Ooooo) that just made the improves the plot. lol Don't ask why I have an infatuation with bruised Ch. characters. I don't really have an answer, it just always proves more interesting.

I also want more flashbacks. They were so cute! lol

Great Ch. Bradness!
~Rieda

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:14 am
Emerson wrote a review...

Well first off, this was a filler chapter, wasn't it? Wasn't all that exciting, since no one cares about Sarah. But hey it's CH I don't care. Other than that I only have one thing...

From CH#36:

“Dr. Graham,” he saw two uniformed officers standing in his doorway. “We’re with the FBI,” the two men flashed their badges. “We need to ask you some questions.”

Jonathon rolled his eyes. “I’ve already talked to your people—don’t you guys communicate?”

The two men squinted at him before taking a step towards him. “Dr. Graham, the FBI has only just been put on the case. We suspect this outbreak has been a bioterrorist threat.”

Jonathon sighed, exasperated. “I’ve already told you people, there’s no way this is bioterrorism—there’s no medical explanation for what’s been going on.”

“We need you to come with us.”

“What?” Jonathon scoffed. “No.”

They glanced at each other and nodded.

“I just got here! I haven’t slept in nearly two days, my wife is missing—I can’t go.”

They grabbed his shoulders. “Dr. Graham, you don’t have a choice.”

From CH#38 (this one)

“Can I help you?”

“I need you to come with me,” the man said.

Jonathon laughed at his request. “I just got here and—and take off those stupid glasses,” he laughed a little more.

The man did not flinch, did not crack a smile. “How long will you need to pack?”

“Wait,” Jonathon put his hands up, “I don’t even know where the fuck I am, and you want me to leave?”

He remained quiet.

Jonathon rolled his eyes. “Give me ten minutes.”

You get my point. The only question is: WTF? Did something happen with the FBI that we have 'skipped' so to speak, or...am I missing something entirely? He gets taken away by one group of people in 36, then here gets taken away by another group. Although the fact that he doesn't even know where he is, could be a sign of something, I still think this general concept right here, if it was intended, is far too confusing to leave in. It's not your basic reader confusion, it's all out confusion. Tell me: WTF?

Otherwise, I hope we get more flash backs!

She was /not/ going to ruin a good dress for a pot of drooling, wall-staring, imbecile grass. And that was that.
— Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings