12+

It's Strange

by HystericalConfession

It’s strange to think that someone has
Kissed all of my flesh,
Touched every curve of my body,
Seen me in all of my pale-skinned glory.

It’s strange to think that we
Loved so strong and deep,
Threw ourselves in the throes of passion,
Saw one another in our truest, purest forms.

And it’s strange to think that I
Craved your touch,
Longed for your kiss,
Loved with you everything that I am.

Because now I see you

And I feel

Nothing.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:11 am
RoseCrown wrote a review...

Ohhh it's sad but really good. :(

I feel like crying :(
But you should take credit for yourself for making me cry :P

I love the topic and about how you describe the love for each other.

I really like the idea of the three lines and it portrays that love isn't always
what it seems.

Hope you write more :D

dark wrote a review...

We, what a great poem! Not a sad poem, but a very emotional one. I like that. Love, sadness, happieness. All of these emotions can be felt while reading this lump of a poem. Real love is involves pain and tragedy , as well as passion and happiness. You show all of those key components here so well that the poem sucked me in like great dialog sucks you into a novel. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more poems like this or by you! :)
~Dark

rbt00 wrote a review...

Woa Woa Wait a minute..
Your Second Line Does Not Seems Good. It looks disgusting.
But poetry does not stop you from doing that . In poetry you have the freedom to change the way of writing.
But in the last you have written 3 separate lines.
If you are writing a poem then it should be in proper stanza's and not a few stanza's of four lines and then 3 single lines.
Before writing a poem know all those stuff cuz if you dont then it can no longer be called a poem.

carbonCore says...

Before writing an ignorant review, look up what a "poem" is and realize that there are different kinds of poem structures.

Sonder says...

I agree with carbon. Fix the grammar in your review as well...

dark says...

Such ignorance. You don't seem to know the true meaning of poetry, or grammar...

SocialSuicide107 wrote a review...

Awe, this was so sad. I have to admit that I didn't see that coming. I expected her to be happy instead of feeling nothing for the person she was talking about. (Sorry, in my mind the person speaking is a girl.) It shows the tragic truth about how love doesn't always last. Even the most passionate loves can become dull and lifeless and end. Nice work, love.(:

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:52 am
DeadPoets says...

I like this a lot. I like the relatability and the strong emotional connection.

speakerskat wrote a review...

That's love for you, painful and doesn't bear any fruit. Really tragic :'(

I liked the poem though and it had a lot of feelings but I felt like it ended to oon, like it was cut short. And it seemed a little dry, maybe add a couple adjectives to spice it up a bit or add to the imagrey. It was a really interesting poem :)

`Kat

Andrea2676Marie wrote a review...

Shows a lot of emotion. I really like this piece, and I enjoyed reading it. Also I think the idea behind the poem is really true, and most of us do not take that step back to realize what things are sometimes. I encourage you to continue writing, and keep up the good work.
And as always, good luck to you and your writing. I also look forward to reading more of your work.

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin