Always Love You. Part 1.

by Hope19

I heard noises from outside my bedroom. My dad was leaving, it was official. I just knew it. I had to make him a special picture. I got out my colors and paper. I drew a picture of me and my dad. On the top, I wrote in big letters I LOVE YOU, DADDY. ALWAYS. Always had been my favorite word at the time of being a nine year old girl. I filled the picture with bright colors and beautiful nature because I knew he loved nature. I walked out of my room in my favorite pink nightgown. It looked like Annie the orphan from Annie. I found my father and handed him the picture. " Thank you, sweetie." He said. Then I retrieved back to my bedroom. A little while later, I heard the car start. I ran out and peeked through the window. I watched his car vanish out of the driveway. I did feel sad inside but I knew he loved his picture. I walked in the kitchen satisfied. I took a look in the fridge and then turned around. Then I saw it. There was my picture in the trash. It was a little wrinkled. I walked slowly to the trash and picked it up. I starred at it for a few minutes. I felt tears brewing in my eyes. A tear tinkled down my cheek. My mind was filling with thoughts and my heart ached. He left me. He didn't love me. He didn't care. All he cared about was himself. I threw the picture harshly back in the trash. I ran back to my room and threw every stuffed animal he had ever given me. Then I came across George the bear. George was an old stuffed bear my father had given me when I was four. It was very special memory to me. I held him tight, remembering the memory. I lay in bed with George curled against my chest. I lay in tears for a few minutes. Then I picked up all the stuffed animals. I grabbed George and cried myself to sleep. The next day I lay in bed depressed. My heart was broken.

PickledChrissy wrote a review...

Heya, Chrissy here for a review!

Well, this has a lot of potential. It's kinda rough, so let's see what I can do to help with that.

I heard noises from outside my bedroom. My dad was leaving, it was official. I just knew it. I had to make him a special picture. I got out my colors and paper. I drew a picture of me and my dad. On the top, I wrote in big letters I LOVE YOU, DADDY. ALWAYS. Always had been my favorite word at the time of being a nine year old girl. I filled the picture with bright colors and beautiful nature because I knew he loved nature.

Well, this is the first thing I noticed. You need to work on your paragraphing. Remember, a paragraph is an idea. An action. A thought. For instance...

I heard noises from outside my bedroom. My dad was leaving, it was official. I just knew it. I had to make him a special picture.

I got out my colors and paper. I drew a picture of me and my dad. On the top, I wrote in big letters I LOVE YOU, DADDY. ALWAYS. Always had been my favorite word at the time of being a nine year old girl. I filled the picture with bright colors and beautiful nature because I knew he loved nature.

Just having it in one solid block makes it hard to read. This way is easier, and not such a eye sore. Just doing this will help it enormously.

" Thank you, sweetie." He said.

That period needs to be a comma. The one after sweetie. They always need to be. No exception.

Then I retrieved back to my bedroom

Retrieved is a word used for fetching something. I'd suggest Went. Retrieved threw me off, and it didn't make sense.

I took a look in the fridge and then turned around.

Tell us what she's looking for. Is she looking just to look? Or is she looking for something to eat. Also, where's mom?

She isn't mentioned at all. I'm assuming that Dad is leaving after a fight with her. There should be something, like the girl seeing her, or hearing her crying.

I threw the picture harshly back in the trash.

This doesn't seem to be enough of a reaction. I know that this is based off of your experience, but real life, when put on paper, doesn't quite bring the same reaction. You need to exaggerate it, slightly.

Maybe you didn't really tear the paper up, and crumble the pieces into a ball, before throwing it back. But saying that gives us a better image. Helps us see how she is feeling. Don't be afraid to say you did something that you didn't do. This isn't real life. This is something based off of what you experienced.

Well, that's all I can say, except that I love the bit about the stuffed animal. It shows how she is feeling. But, describe it a bit. Talk about it's nose, or little paws. Just a little bit to give us a picture.

And now, all I can say, is the normal,

KEEP WRITING!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:36 pm
Ziploc wrote a review...

This definitely has potential...I can really see this as being something that is heart wrenching, and then turned into a beautiful work of art.
As was said before, there definitely needs to be paragraphs...I found it a bit difficult to read a huge mass of text.
Put yourself in her shoes...imagine what it would be like to see your daddy walk off... (it's beyond heartbreaking, I can tell you from experience).
Show just how much love she had for her daddy, and then show her hurt turn into anger.
If you need any ideas for how it feels if you don't already know, shoot me a message.
Peace out! ^.^

Hope19 says...

Actually I was that little girl. This is a true story.

Ziploc says...

Aww, I'm so sorry. I definitely know what it's like. If you need to talk or anything, feel free to message me xx ... I know how hard it is..

Hope19 says...

Thanks.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:58 pm
AttackOfTheFlash wrote a review...

Hello! Flash here for a review. This review is going to be quick and short because I only have a couple things to say. So let's get down to it.

The first thing I noticed is that this entire story is just one BIG paragraph. You must separate this thing up into separate paragraphs. That would help tremendously.

The second thing I noticed was that this whole story was nothing but telling. You told us everything. You told us exactly what happened in exact order. Show us that she cares about her father. Show us her raw sadness when she sees her father leaving her. Show us how she felt, don't tell us, "My mind as filling with thoughts and my heart ached." WHAT did she think? HOW was her heart aching? Give us rich, vivid details to SHOW her emotions instead of TELL what this girl did.

Also, everything seems so... Perfectly placed, if you know what I mean. In one sentence she gave her dad a picture then in the next sentence you say, "A little while later..." What happened during that time? No, I'm not saying describe every little thing, but you could at least given us a little more description.

Other than that, grammar looks good and I don't see any technical mistakes (minus the no-paragraph thing). This story has some potential if you just could improve it some!

That's all from me. Sorry if I sounded rude, I promise I wasn't trying to be.

~Flash

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."
— Chuck Palahniuk