z

Young Writers Society



Just deal with it

by Hkumar


Why worry about losing something,
when you never tried embracing it.

Why comparing yourself with those,
who have never been in your shoes.

Why this envious feeling for someone,
who had the courage to fight unlike you.

Why letting remorse etch your heart away,
when you could have fought this profound grief.

Why worry for the unforeseeable future,
while your mind dwells in the horrors of past.


So why not just break this bottle enclosing the truth,
to find in the shattered pieces, your answers?
Brace yourself for not all will be sugar coated candies
some will give cuts deep enough to make you bleed to death...


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 336
Reviews: 8

Donate
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:55 pm
View Likes
Grace4life wrote a review...



Hi, how you doing this is Grace for a review
Okay first things first i loved everything about the poem, it is so deep and true specially the part where it speaks about comparing yourself. It really spoke to me and made me stop comparing myself with others you really creative and a true writer. This is one of the best poems i have ever read and i am going to write it down and paste it in my bedroom as motivation. I feel it will remind me not to doubt myself.
I would just like to ask like how did you come up with the poem, did it just pop in your head. The title connects with the poem, it just summaries what the the poem is about. I agree with anne27 that it really hits your heart. I really love this poem so much it is like i can read it over and over again. I love how you telling the reader that whatever life throws at you do not feel bad but deal with it. I can see some tough love in the poem instead of telling the person what they want to hear you are telling them what they need to hear. Well about other things like grammar i am not good in that i am still learning more about that bit how this poem made me feel was overwhelming. I have feeling i am going to love your work please never stop writing because your poem really changed my perspective of life.




Hkumar says...


Thank you Grace for the lovely review. I'm glad to know that you liked it so much. These were just raw feelings that were coming into my mind. To be more precise, these are some of the struggles I'm going through right now. So I just use my writings to lower this stress.
Again, thanks for the review <3



Grace4life says...


You welcome



User avatar
70 Reviews


Points: 789
Reviews: 70

Donate
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:42 am
View Likes
anne27 wrote a review...



Aah! A poem with stunning contrasts!!

Hey there! Anne here for a review!!
This poem is really appreciated by me due to the amazing contrast as said earlier. I love the idea of it.
Your lines are really deep and express their emotions diligently.

Why worry about losing something,
when you never tried embracing it.

Why comparing yourself with those,
who have never been in your shoes.

Why this envious feeling for someone,
who had the courage to fight unlike you.

Okay! The starting was fire. The words take a jab at your heart!! The second pair of lines was elegantly relatable. It's so true. Circumstances that happen with you can change the way you think, react- and pretty much everything!! And at that time, it really hurts when you compare yourself or are compared to people who did not go through the same.
The inner critic in the last lines was evidently powerful. According to me though, it clashes a little with the last lines. First you asked yourself to stop comparing and the next thing we know is that you want to rise up LiKe ThE OtHeRs! I didn't get the idea. I think it would have been more lucid if it was something like don't envy anyone you're great too, and you too have the courage to fight so get out of your cocoon.
Just an opinion.
Why letting remorse etch your heart away,
when you could have fought this profound grief.

Why worry for the unforeseeable future,
while your mind dwells in the horrors of past.


No complaints here :D this was truly magical. The message is deep and positive and I like it!!

So why no just break this bottle of truth
to find in the shattered pieces, your answers?
Brace yourself for not all will be sugar coated candies
some will give cuts deep enough to make you bleed to death...

A remarkable conclusion and the drastic change in the writing style brings the reader a pleasant surprise.

A humble and positive message. I loved your poem.
Will definitely read more...
Keep writing :D




Hkumar says...


Thank you so much for the review and I agree with your points about the third stanza. Thanks for bringing it out :)



anne27 says...


No problem :D



User avatar
215 Reviews


Points: 11109
Reviews: 215

Donate
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:14 am
View Likes
EllieMae says...



Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed reading your poem :)

I loved the lines, “Why comparing yourself with those,
who have never been in your shoes.”

This is so unique and I can tell that you thought it out very well. Good job! You’re a very good writer. You chose your words very well and the entire poem flows very well.

Ailah




Hkumar says...


Thanks for your kind words :)



User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 303
Reviews: 48

Donate
Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:45 pm
View Likes
LilPWilly wrote a review...



Dang bro
The first lines had me. Why worry about losing something when you never tried embracing it. This poem is just good advice.
I wonder, what is the bottle of truth? This poem reminds me of a relationship I had. I was scared to allow my feelings to happen because I thought it would be more trouble than it was worth. It was only when I found out she was going to leave that I realized that I couldn’t lose her. And the second stanza, she—and as I came to find out, her whole family—were ridiculously perfect people. They are fearless, generous, chill, loving and so, so much more real than anyone who had come into my life before. I thought, how will I ever come to deserve her?
The fourth and fifth stanzas are more focused on your mental health, and trust me, I get crippling anxiety. A good example is whenever I would approach her door I would nearly have a panic attack because I was so scared of ruining what we had, even though I saw her as often as I could last summer. I said stupid stuff and did stupid things, like when I said, I’d give you up for someone better. How could I be so dumb? Well I proved myself wrong in any case. I’ve found people who are ‘better.’ I’ve even fallen in love beside her, but there’s nothing that compares to the way she made me feel.
The third and last stanzas almost give the impression that (if this is about a relationship for you) she was with another dude who deserved her better than you. I know how that feels, too. Our mutual friend was a dude, who honestly, was pretty mean to me. I probably would given up on him if it weren’t that I was super into his crush. But they texted all the time, and had classes together, and I was super jealous, mostly because I thought that even if I did have all the advantages he had that I would still lose to him.
At any rate, whatever your struggle is, don’t lose hope. You can become strong. You can get rid of all the dark thoughts, eventually. God has a plan for you.
This is a really cutting poem, but it would be a lot stronger if you ran it through Grammerly, it’s free.
Gg bro I’ll look out for your stuff in the future.




Hkumar says...


Thank you so much for the review :) I loved your interpretation about the poem. Actually I didn't write it because of some relationship issues (lol I never got into one xD) but more about academic and career related stuff. I know I wasn't specific about it but still I'm not confident enough to come out openly. Thanks for such a nice interpretation and I'm sorry you had to go through all of that in your life. Hope life will become smooth for both of us in future :)




“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables