Blinded by Sight

by HaydenMacaw

Where do the pictures come from?
The ones that paint my skull

When I look at a book
The pages tear out
Violently
The wind breathes them in
And the thin white pages flap with futility
The ragged edges cut the air

When I look at a window
The glass shatters
There is broken glass, lots and lots of broken glass
And each shard is stained
Each tip painted with sticky red
It is blood, my blood

When I look at a tree
An invisible knife slices through the bark
It carves a face
And the tree cries
Trees crying waxy red drops
Everywhere

I close my eyes but I can still see
Everything
Everything crawls inside me
Thoughts bleed inside me head
Always red, deep dark red

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:43 am
MiRaCLeS wrote a review...

The way that you conveyed your emotions through images is brilliant. You can tell by the pictures and things that's happening around what is in the characters mind. The images you used is also very fitting and you described them clearly and vividly. The choice of words you use also fits brilliantly. So well done on that. :)

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:42 am
Doxie00 wrote a review...

Well...this poem doesn't really say EXACTLY what is making the narrator like he is. I mean i expected a turning point , an explanation at the end that would explain the whole poem but there wasn't so i only understood that there was red in someone's head....Keep writing :)

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— Apple Inc.