Laughs

by HFMWheelsWrites

Good for the soul most of the time

The really good ones are the ones that take over your body

The ones that make your eyes eyes water without warning

A smile forms when you are not trying

Some are deep and full

Others are light and airy

Organic in ways you can't explain

You also have the sneaky laugh

When you know nothing remotely good will come from it

Villains have this

No matter how dark they are

Goes with the character

Children playing

Sweet innocent laughter

Fills the air

Nervous laughter

Feels like you have all eyes on you

No matter what kind of laughter

Imagine how different the world would be without it

DivergentDemigod wrote a review...

Hey there,
So your title "laughs" was the thing that lured me into reading this poem of your and I must say was not disappointed atall. :-D I really liked it. Literally there was a smile on my face throughout. I loved the way you described different kinds of laugh, nervous, light, the one that comes from inside. It was really good. I myself have a booming laughter which *as my friends say* makes them laugh even more. Anyway good job!!! :-D

Never quit writing,
Fangirl~

Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 am
DoubleOJell0 wrote a review...

Well, as a guy who sometimes finds himself laughing, I really had to read this.
Ok, first of all:
"The ones that make your eyes eyes water without warning"
A very obvious mistake, you wrote "eyes" twice.

Second:
"Villains have this"
What do you specifically mean by "villains"? A super-villain? Or an evil person?

Third:
I recommend you to put periods or commas in the end of every line, it makes the poem "feel" better to read.

And that's it. Welcome to YWS, by the way!

Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:59 am
Rurouni wrote a review...

Ruro here for a review!
I love laughing so I had to read this XD see how that works?

So let's run into the review now, eh?
First I'm going to point out a really obvious typo that I would've missed if I wrote this too XD

Don't need that extra eye there!
So, another thing here is this:
You also have the sneaky laugh

Villains have this

No matter how dark they are

Goes with the character

I feel like you went too far into this. We already knew sneaky laughs tend to come from so telling us who it comes is kind of redundant. I'd remove "Villains have this no matter how dark they are goes with the character" myself, but shrug.

I like your point of the poem but I feel like you could've gone about it a little differently instead of telling us all these kind of laughter, maybe find a way to tell us about them without just flat out telling us about them? Dunno, maybe I'm just, weird or something XD

I'm really tired so now I'll go XD

This one must be wandering!

~Ruro~

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:42 pm
Swordfish wrote a review...

Hello, HFMWheelsWrites~
It's Swordfish here for a review, and still doing my tortoise-like reviewing schedules and Reviewing Every Day!
I AM IN NO WAY AN AUTHORITY ON POETRY, OR OTHER LITERARY WORKS. FEEL FREE TO EITHER IGNORE THE REVIEW, OR TAKE THE ADVICE GIVEN TO YOU
I noticed you just joined today, so in tis review, I will also welcome you to YWS :D
I remember when I was new. The community here is great, and wonderful. I really hope you enjoy it!
Just like the theme of theme of the poem, I really could not imagine a word without laughter. It's everywhere.
In contrast to the review below, I slowly started to realize that punctuation isn't very significant in poetry, and that too much punctuation can be a bad thing. I feel as if it (the punctuation) is fine as it is, and changing it is your choice.
I think it would be a good idea if instead of giving us examples of different type of laughter, you could also share with us examples of things that triggered laughter. I think a good time to show the example is around here~

A smile forms when you are not trying

I'm going to wrap up the review here. The poem was excellent! Keep on writing!
~Swordfish

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:40 pm
Amabilia wrote a review...

Hi HFMWheelsWrites! Cakerissa reporting for Reviewing!

This is a good poem. I like how it is happy. There aren't a lot of happy poems and stories on here anymore. This is probably the happiest one I've read since I joined. I liked how you added that laughter is good for even villains.

"Villains have this

No matter how dark they are

Goes with the character"

There isn't much I would change about this. Grammatically, it needs punctuation on the end of each line. So maybe more like,

Villains have this,

No matter how dark they are,

Goes with the character.

Just a suggestion. You don't need them. But, again, I really liked this. I don't think it needs any changes.

Cakerissa

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg