12+ Language Mature Content

Warrior Cat FF *Chp. 1*

by Gymnast2801

Warrior Cat Fan Fiction

"You were put into this world for a reason. No one may know why but you must figure it out. You must be strong and courageous, and someday, you will find out why you where put into this world." ~ Slash's Father.

CHAPTER 1

"Please, don't do this!"

I wake to the cool autumn breeze, cold sweat on my paws. My eyes flash around wildly until I realize that I'm safe and in my nest. My fast breathing starts to slow down until it returns to normal. Shakily, I stand, turning in my nest a few times before laying down again.

If only that stupid dream wouldn't come to me every freaking night!

Every night I dream of my parents. My mother abandoned me when I was only two days old and my father didn't--couldn't stop her from doing what she did. She chose to leave me and that's all there is to it. She chose to leave her kitten, stranded and cold in the icy wind of the cold season just so that she wouldn't have to bear the burden that I put on her. The knowledge that she held could, perhaps, be forgotten if she could forget me. Maybe if I hadn't looked so much like him. Or maybe it was the fact that's she just...wasn't ready to be a mother. Either way, she left me and I had no say in my future after that moment. Life has been hard but it's also been an adventure worth taking. I could have chosen to die that night that she left me, curled up under a dead bush. When an animal decides to die or feels that it is no longer needed in the world, it has the ability to shut its body down.

It has the ability to die.

But I was strong and I remember telling myself something that my father told me when I was alone with him once. He said in his wise, calm voice, "You were put into this world for a reason. No one may know why but you must figure it out. You must be strong and courageou, and someday, find out why you where put into this world."

I go by what my father said to me that evening. It is my life motto and I'm proud of it because my father was a wise cat, at least, from what I can remember of him. He was tall and muscular with orange tabby markings on his white pelt. His eyes where magnificent too. They were kind, playful and yet, still cunning. I used to look into my father's eyes and wonder if the world looked like his eyes. Like a wonderful green circle full of light and joy.

Now I understand that everyone is not happy. Life does not treat you fairly and to the world, fairness doesn't even matter. Fairness is just a word that must have been invented by some idiot who thought that fair was even an option. Is it fair that I got dumped by my mother as a kitten when the next kitten has a nice warm nest and a loving mother to feed it milk whenever it is hungry?

No.

If you believe in fair then you are also an idiot. Life will treat you as it pleases with no breaks. Sometimes I wish that I hadn't been so driven to live on that night when my mother abandoned me. But I was like my father and he was full of spirit and positivity. He motivated me to keep going, and so, I did.

Now I lay in my rather cold nest, looking like a fox. My orange tabby and white fur is matted and my paws have dirt between the claws. If only I could take a break from hunting, fighting and running.

But that's not an option when you live the life of a loner.

I get out of my nest, my left front paw scorching with pain the moment I rest it on the ground. After a failed hunt yesterday, my paw had started hurting so I rested it and now I must eat. My stomach will not stop growling until I do. I take a few limping steps and then lift my head, looking around the open forest. This has been my home practically since I was born and I know these woods by heart.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:58 am
erilea says...

I love this so much! I'm glad someone thought of this. My only complaint is that it ends a bit abruptly, but that's it. Nice idea!

Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:09 pm
reikann wrote a review...

Warriors fanfiction? I am here to review this alright! Please also note that you said in the description for this work that you wanted a harsher review, so... here you go!
My largest problem with this is chapter is that you were writing a human character as a cat. 'Sweat on my paws' from 'sweat on my palms' - while it is true that cats sweat through their paws, they don't like that. Your protag also uses 'freaking' as a semi-cuss word; that's not something any cat, warrior, loner, rogue, or kittypet did. I think you can get away with the nihilistic attitude of the MC, given that the Warriors series personified its characters so heavily.
If your protag was abandoned while he was still suckling - this means before six weeks at the latest, mind you - he should simply not be alive. Especially if it was the dead of leafbare. It is possible for him to have lived, with help, but the implication was never that that had not happened.
The ending is this abrupt.
Okay, now a few good points - this gets across the character's attitude and struggles well. There is sympathy built for the character due to his (?) situation. The fact that the MC is a cat is not totally forgotten; it is well-noted that hunts can go wrong. Aand I am really excited to find Warriors fanfiction again!
On a not-reviewer's note, my fanfiction senses are flashing alerts that the protagonist's father is Firestar. Speculation.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:54 am
GreenTulip wrote a review...

Hello, Tulip here to give you a review of this chapter before I tackle chapter 3 that is in the green room.

Okay, the first thing that attracted me to this piece was the fact that it is a Warrior cat's fanfiction. It is rare to find anything like that right now. I used to be into the books and would use a facebook account to roleplay them with other big fans of it.

So onto the actual review, now shall I. (I do tend to ramble on about stuff sometime's so I do apologize.)

There is one paragraph that I saw that I am going to suggest you break it down smaller. I'll list that below!

Every night I dream of my parents. My mother abandoned me when I was only two days old and my father didn't--couldn't stop her from doing what she did. She chose to leave me and that's all there is to it. She chose to leave her kitten, stranded and cold in the icy wind of the cold season just so that she wouldn't have to bear the burden that I put on her. The knowledge that she held could, perhaps, be forgotten if she could forget me. Maybe if I hadn't looked so much like him. Or maybe it was the fact that's she just...wasn't ready to be a mother. I am going to suggest breaking it apart here. Either way, she left me and I had no say in my future after that moment. Life has been hard but it's also been an adventure worth taking. I could have chosen to die that night that she left me, curled up under a dead bush. When an animal decides to die or feels that it is no longer needed in the world, it has the ability to shut its body down.

You must be strong and courageou, and someday, find out why you wherewere put into this world."

So I outline a few changes that I saw above here. It is not a lot because since I use Grammarly it didn't catch anything.

It would be nice to see more of the setting that he is in. Is it all barren land with a few dead bushes or is it a thriving forest with a few dead bushes that had been pushed out by other plants. Are there any other threats around, animals such as dogs or foxes, or are there other cats?

I hope this helps out some!

Keep calm and write on,
GreenTulip!

BornLoser wrote a review...

Hey hey! Fellow Team Weasley member BornLoser is here to give you a review-y review!

I got interested in this because I saw 'Cat' was in the title. Anything involving cats is worth a read in my opinion! ^3^

Now, I don't know what this is based on, as I saw 'fanfiction' in the title and couldn't think what this could be based on, so I'm going into this without any prior knowledge of the thing your piece is based on.

Anyways, on to the review!

Plot:
So far, this story is interesting. You made sure to give a bit of backstory (which is always good) and told us about the protagonist's present hardships. The plot hasn't really developed much, as this is only the first chapter, but I can see this going places. :)

Length of story relating to plot:
This was quite a short chapter. It makes for easier reading, yes, but I would have enjoyed a longer and more in-depth chapter. Maybe try to make your chapters just a little bit longer? If you like writing your chapters like this, then I won't judge! It's just my personal opinion is all!

Spelling and grammar:
Overall, your spelling and grammar is good. There's just the odd spelling mistake which can be easily fixed. For example, "that's" should just be "that" in the first big paragraph where you describe the cat's mother abandoning it. It's just little spelling errors here and there, but they are easily fixed, just like I previously said. :D

This was a nice read, and I enjoyed it! It was well written and flowed nicely!

Keep writing dude!

Huggles from BornLoser :3

Elijah wrote a review...

King Here
Hello there. I see that you are kinda the cat family fan or something. You have one or two stories related with cats like lions and tigers. I think everyone has its own style and topic that they like working with and I like yours. Also, happy one month since you had come to this site.
I will tell you my opinion in the end because I read and edit at the same time.

You where put into this world for a reason. No one may know why but you must figure it out. You must be strong, and courageous, and someday, you will find out why you where put into this world.

'where' needs to be 'were' and I saw that the reviewer before me had said the same and I do not understand why you do not correct that mistake ( seen in other stories too; twice in this story in same sentences ). I think 'and someday' is good with commas around it but I do not think the comma before the first 'and' is really okay. This is only my opinion. I know that if you read it out loud in a different kind of pace, it may be right. It is just an odd pause for me.

My fast breath starts to slow until it returns to normal.

I do not think the breath can be fast but the breathing.
'slow down' kind of sounds better there. It kind of sounds plain blank without it.
I am not sure for the breath thing but I think it is not okay like this.
You can not have fast or slow breath. But you can breath fast or slow.

.. in the icy wind of cold season ..

You need 'the' before 'cold season'. We talk about a specific single wind of one specific season.

..it has the ability to shut it's body down.

'it's' needs to be 'its'.

But I was strong and I remember telling my self something that my father told me when I was alone with him once.

'my self' needs to be 'myself' or 'my own self'.

His eyes where magnificent too. They where kind, playful and yet, still cunning.

where ➡ were

.. everything is happy

A thing can not be happy. Only a living being can.

....fair doesn't even matter.

'fair' describes the noun and in this sentence you wrote it like it is the noun itself. You have no noun at all so it makes no sense. "Being fair doesn't..." or "Fairness doesn't.." can be options.

. Fair is just a word that must have been invented by some idiot who thought that fair..

Because of the previous correction of mine, this makes no sense.

tabby-and-white

You do not need the symbols.
tabby and white

After a failed hunt yesterday, I realized that my paw was twisted so I rested and now I must eat.

This sentence was totally out of it. You suddenly hit me with past tense. Everything else was in present tense ( without when the the narrator talks ). If you will make everything in past tense in this sentence, do it. But 'must eat' is not past tense.

I overall really like this story. It is a really heartbreaking one. Full of sadness and emotions. About an abandoned child who needs to be loved and protected even they feel like they have to do it by themselves. It was really beautiful. I hope you continue it because I have so much more to discover in this story. Even more about his parents, about his own selves and so much more. Good job and keep on writing.

Gymnast2801 says...

Thanks for the review!!
I have edited everything you said and thank you for pointing out what you did as I totally missed those things. It's so funny to me how the writer may re read their story over and over again and only find half of the things that a new reader would find.

I'm very sorry about the 'were' problem, I have always had a problem with that and still do. I will try harder to check myself when I am putting in a wrong word.

Again, thanks for the review and have a nice day/night! :)

Elijah says...

Welcome.

Elijah says...

Welcome.

Gymnast2002 wrote a review...

Great job Gymnast2801! You did a very good job. But, there were a few little things that need to be fixed.
"You where put into this world for a reason." where should be to were. You said that quote twice in chapter one and it needs to be fixed in both places.
Overall you did a good job, but Mayen try to be a little more descriptive on parts of it. That way the reader is able to get an understanding of what you, the writer, are trying to say. Sorry if this review is not very good, it is my first ever review. Just keep making sure to check spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.

-Gymnast2002

Gymnast2801 says...

Thank you Gymnast2002!
I agree with everything and I will be sure to fix what you suggested :D

Gymnast2002 says...

Your welcome Gymnast2801, glad I could help you out

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss