Untitled - Ch.1 Part One

by Gwenevire

Okaii...

i tried to post this a while ago, buut it didnt work and it just deleted my whole story -.-

hopefully this doesnt happen again cause it pisses me the fuck off.

Untitled

Chapter One

Part One

"I'm getting off now!" Erica squeaked loudly into my left ear. Her dark brown braids swinging swung into my eyes as she turned to grab her stuff. Squirming past my knees and through the cheap plastic seats, she made it through to the front off the buss without whacking anyone with her bag.

I blinked a few times, still recovering from the impact of our hair eye contact, "See ya, E!" I smiled, blowing her an over dramatic kiss.

"Gaylord," she laughed, waving quickly before lumbering carelessly out of the buss.

I felt my phone vibrating violently in my back pocket. Awkwardly I pushed my hips forwards and scrabbled for my phone. GlidingSliding it cooly into my hand I flipped it open and checked the caller ID. It was Rachel; a small picture had popped up at the bottom of the screen. She was lying back on the thick green grass of her front lawn-- her blond curls flayed out around her head. She was laughing, her blue eyes glittering wildly in the summer sun. I tapped the talk button and brought the phone to my head.

"Hey Rache!" I almost yelled.

"Rosee rose!" She replied just as enthusiastic.

"What's kickenkickin'?"

"I can't hear what you're sayin' Rose!"

"Oh," I scrunched up my face, "Shit!"

"Call me once you're home, love."

I heard the little smooch of her plump lips blowing me a kiss it went silent.

Fuck, she seemed as if she had something to tell me!"

What if someone asked her out?

What if her mom died and I wasn't there to witness it!?

What if-

"Yo Rose, pushmove over."

I looked up, "Hey Marshy!" I looked him over, my eyes searching hazily over his thick curly brown locks, to his silvery blue eyes. Gawd, I'd fuckin' tap that.

"You gunna let me sit down or what, fatty?" he growled playfully.

"Never, bitch. Im gunna make you stand so the people behind can rape you!" I giggled sliding to the other side of the seat. Fuck, if he gets any hotter Imma be the one raping him. But seriously, hes like my brother. Well, not really.

"Yeesh Rose, whats up with your eyes?" He cringed pushing his face into mine. I could feel his hot (sigh) smelly breath on my lips and I almost cringed away myself.

"Uh, umm... yeah. Me and E had some hair eye contact," I looked away rubbing my eyes a little.

"Ahaa, I'm surprised Erica didn't end up with some battle wounds as well," he chuckled.

"Naw... She was being too good to me today, I couldn't ruin it because of that. Besides, she always flicks her weave in my face," I grumbled.

I blinked, as to shake off all the talk about my fuck ugly eyes. Grabbing his left hand I pulled playfully at the skin around his knuckles. I'd done this since we first met, so he didn't mind at all.

"How are things with you and Angie?" I looked up at him reluctantly. I never liked talking about other peoples girlfriends/boyfriends... ya know. Its kind of taunting. But he was my best buddy... I needed to know.

I felt his hand stiffen under mine, and his eyes clouded over with some intense grief.

Shit.

I crumpled away, turning my shocked gaze to the window. The trees where were dappled with odd colors of orange and red. Leaves spun and fluttered in the torment of wind behind the buss bus.

"You know something Rose?"

"I dunno... I know a lot of things."

"You're lucky."

I grunted.

"Seriously, look at me."

I turned my gaze reluctantly into his dreamy blue eyes.

"How?" I sighed.

"You're fuckin' hot, yet you're still single."

"Okay, you've told a lie and stated the obvious." I grumbled a little upset.

"Rose, I'm not screwing around!"

"Okay okay. Whatever, thanks," I got up, grabbing my stuff, "I have to go."

"Rose, enjoy it while you can."

"Just call me later."

"You bet!" He smiled grabbing my hand, "You're the best Sis."

"Dude, if I rape you, you're gunna have to stop calling me 'Sis'. 'Cause that just comes across as a little nasty, eh?" I laughed lunging forwards for a hug.

"Iloveyou," I slured.

"Hmm?" He muttered.

"Huh? Oh, nothing," I knew he loved me back. It just became a little more awkward since he was dating Andrea.

What do y'all thank? aha

Oh, and I'm looing for a title for this. Any ideas will be great ^^

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:26 am
Gwenevire says...

thanks anti-pop
ill edit all my spelling mistakes.
well... the swear words kinda are part of my character. but i guess i could cut some of them out...
you've been mixd up, Marshy (Mashel) is not Roses' crush... heh. they are like best buds, and she thinks hes hot. thats about it.

gwenny
xxx

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:08 am
anti-pop wrote a review...

Gwenevire wrote:
Untitled
Chapter One
Part One

"I'm getting off now!" Erica squeaked loudly into my left ear. Her dark brown braids [s]swinging[/s] swung into my eyes as she turned to grab her stuff. Squirming past my knees and through the cheap plastic seats, she made it through to the front off the buss without whacking anyone with her bag.

"Gaylord," she laughed, waving quickly before lumbering carelessly out of the bus[s]s[/s].

I felt my phone vibrating violently in my back pocket. Awkwardly I pushed my hips forwards and scrabbled for my phone. [s]Gliding[/s]Sliding it cooly into my hand I flipped it open and checked the caller ID. It was Rachel; a small picture had popped up at the bottom of the screen. She was lying back on the thick green grass of her front lawn-- her blond curls flayed out around her head. She was laughing, her blue eyes glittering wildly in the summer sun. I tapped the talk button and brought the phone to my head.

"Hey Rache!" I almost yelled.

"What's [s]kicken[/s]kickin'?"

"I can't hear what you're sayin' Rose!"

"Oh," I scrunched up my face, "Shit!"

"Call me once you're home, love."

What if someone asked her out?
What if-

"Yo Rose, [s]push[/s]move over."

"Yeesh Rose, whats up with your eyes?" He cringed pushing his face into mine. I could feel his hot (sigh) smelly breath on my lips and I almost cringed away [s]myself[/s].

Shit.

I crumpled away, turning my shocked gaze to the window. The trees [s]where[/s] were dappled with odd colors of orange and red. Leaves spun and fluttered in the torment of wind behind the [s]buss[/s] bus.

"You know something Rose?"

"I dunno... I know a lot of things."

"You're lucky."

I grunted.

"Seriously, look at me."

"How?" I sighed.

"Rose, I'm not screwing around!"

"Rose, enjoy it while you can."

"Just call me later."

"Iloveyou," I slured.

"Hmm?" He muttered.

Good:
I liked the dialouge. It seems very real; basically how people casually converse with one another. You also introduced the conflict of the story and had some pretty good character development. Through your main character's actions and words (as well as Marshy) readers were able to get an idea of what that character is like.

Bad:
Too much vulgarity in a piece is often very unattractive...I didn't take out anything when I went through it, but you probably should consider taking out the unesessary uses of the F-word.
You didn't really set up much of a plot. Ok, so a girl is riding a bus and talks to the guy she likes.
Alright. What now?

Overall Impression:
It needs work. Since this is only the first chapter, I wouldn't worry about plot development too terribly much, but work on lowering the level of vulgarity (along with being unnatractive and driving readers away, it also gets very annoying). Remember: cursing does not make your story any better.

*anti-pop

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins