z

Young Writers Society



An Idea

by GreenGiraffe


Firstly. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but this doesn't fit into fiction discussion and tips because its a non-fiction idea.

Secondly! No stealing my idea. That means you :x , i have a team of ruthless mercenaries guarding my idea with instructions to shoot and not ask any questions. Ever.

Thirdly.

My Idea!

It's essentially a biography. I am 13 years old and I'll be going into Grade 9 when the school year starts again. There are alot of interesting figures and happenings at my school and I intend to write them while throwing in my views on things and injecting subtle humor into the mixture. Also I'll include whatever musings i have along the way. And I was thinking that for NaNo, I'd write the November portion of the story, which, now that i think about it will be quite long compared to the rest. Hmm. Anyway. what do you think? I shall be starting at the start of 2010 and ending at the end of 2010.

You have until then to persuade me to stop or to encourage me to write.

GO!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
370 Reviews


Points: 20503
Reviews: 370

Donate
Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:18 pm
empressoftheuniverse wrote a review...



I kind of agree with Snoink here :?
It sounds like a good idea but everyone and their half-brother has tried to publish essays about their day, memoirs on their life, blogs....
People are infatuated with themselves; what can you do?
I would suggest taking what you have in real life and translating it into fiction. Something weird happens at your school? Change up the characters, make it a little weirder, and write a short story out of it.
Meet an interesting person? Write a poem on them.
Have some interesting views/thoughts? Make a story in which your thoughts are the focal point, like an idea you have on society or one about parents... make it into a metaphor. That's what I do, usually.
But either way, write away with your ideas and don't forget to enjoy your high school years while you're writing this. :smt001
xxoxxx
*****The Universe*******




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3491
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm
Snoink wrote a review...



This sounds more like a blog than an actual work, if that makes sense. There are a lot of people that make subtly humorous and quirky blogs all the time about their lives already, so your idea is hardly unique... and I'm not sure that it would make a great literary endeavor. So go ahead and write, but just remember that your life may not necessarily be publishable material. You simply have too much competition from the blogosphere.




User avatar
350 Reviews


Points: 13307
Reviews: 350

Donate
Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:24 pm
Jenthura says...



Wow, that's...unique. I'd never do such a thing -your mercaneries' bullets can stay where they are- but I'm not discouraging you. Go ahead!





Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour