z

Young Writers Society



Authorship

by Goldenheart


*Content deleted*


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
105 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 105

Donate
Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:18 pm
Rigel says...



Two things:

1. I adore "Sentiments cease to make sense"

2. It was lovely.




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 6

Donate
Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:58 pm
de Winter says...



haha, that was great- definitely captured the feeling!




User avatar
57 Reviews


Points: 1190
Reviews: 57

Donate
Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:28 pm
Vincent says...



LOL!!!!
just great!!!!
i loved it!!!!!
i liked the riming too
it reminds me of someone......

try posting more like this!

vince




User avatar
661 Reviews


Points: 15961
Reviews: 661

Donate
Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14 am
Jasmine Hart wrote a review...



Lol. I liked this. Your rhyming couplets are great, and I love how the story progresses. You have a great style. If I'm nitpicking, I'd say reduce the number of "eee"s, so you can fit them all on the one line and not break the whole couplet thing. Overall, this was very enjoyable.




User avatar
404 Reviews


Points: 1108
Reviews: 404

Donate
Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:14 pm
Gadi. wrote a review...



I liked this! Ha! Oh, the satire. The first sentence drew me in completely. I loved all the rhymes in this poem, only one felt a bit forced.

You sit for an hour. No words come. Not one.
The life of an author! How joyful! What fun!

Maybe if you do this:

"You sit for an hour: no words come, not one.
The life of an author--how joyful and fun!




User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 461

Donate
Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:01 pm
GingerLizzy wrote a review...



The statement you want, the incredible thought,
is hiding behind the stiff headache you've got.


This part didn't work well for me, as I didn't like how you rhymed 'thought' with 'got. It just messed up the flow and made it skip a beat.

You sit for an hour. No words come. Not one.
The life of an author! How joyful! What fun!


These last two lines don't fit anywhere in with the flow or rhythm of the poem and tend to dim the ending.

BUT, I loved this writing style if I'm honest and it worked well for me, apart from the two corrections above. I loved your interpretation of writers block and I am pretty sure we've all been there!




User avatar
188 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 188

Donate
Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:21 pm
sarahcrosbeh wrote a review...



Another good poem. :)

I have nothing bad to say about it. lol

Your writing style is ace! :D

x




User avatar
694 Reviews


Points: 3454
Reviews: 694

Donate
Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:10 am
Via wrote a review...



I liked this poem as well! However, I think I liked the monster one a little better. The structure I think works well for you, but the only thing I'm really not crazy about is the use of "you" throughout the entire poem. I try hard not to do this on my poetry and sometimes fail, but I think by writing 'about' but not really 'to' another person--"you"--it makes the reader confused on whether it's supposed to be about them or about you (of course, that could just be because I'm a crazy English major who gets reemed for "you"). But, that is my suggestion. I think I liked your monster poem better because the way it was written was perfect for the subject--and children. I think this one may need maybe a little more depth?

Good work!
WM




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 25

Donate
Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:01 am
Nyconz421 says...



Would it be polite just to say I liked it? I feel as though I'm saying that a lot though. I think that this is one of the better poems I've read on here. I think I liked it so much because I could relate to it. Very nice.




User avatar
280 Reviews


Points: 794
Reviews: 280

Donate
Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:37 am
Nutty wrote a review...



oh... how true. I can spend an hour on a couple of paragraphs. The words just don't come out right!

Very nice. I can't write poems... they deteriorate into stories when I'm not looking.
I liked the rhyming, too many poems seem forced and don't flow right for the sake of rhyme.
Ah! Those eeeeeeeee's! They pop up when your trying to think. I liked that line.
Yours,
Nutty




User avatar
227 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 227

Donate
Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:09 am
Mad wrote a review...



Nice Goldie.

You're very good at using this two line couplet form. The use of rhyme doesn't distort what you are trying to get over at all, it makes all the better to read in fact.

The statement you want, the incredible thought,
is hiding behind the stiff headache you've got.


Probably my favourite line of the poem, how I hate those headaches!

Only thing for me and it's more of a personal opinion is that the last two don't seem to fit in as well as the rest.

Lovely piece :)




User avatar
1176 Reviews


Points: 1979
Reviews: 1176

Donate
Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:47 pm
Twit wrote a review...



Another great poem, Goldie!
There's strong rhythym here, and easy rhyming - things I always find difficult. :)

Goldenheart wrote:You sit for an hour. No words come. Not one.
The life of an author! How joyful! What fun!


:lol: I guess that's happened to all of us! Very good capturing of writer's block. :!:

-ShadowTwit





When one is highly alert to language, then nearly everything begs to be a poem.
— James Tate