Poisoned Apple Part 1

by Gnomish

I raced through the streets, the gaiety of the morning’s parade gone. Replaced was the feeling of adoration and envy, now all I felt was fear.

I turned down an alleyway as another guard appeared in front of me. Stupid. I thought. So stupid! I’d been a fool to assume that I could conjure up myself some food during the parade. The citizens might have been distracted, but there were more guards than ever in the streets.

I burst out from the alley into a square filled with people. “Witch! Get her!” The guard behind me cried, as the people scattered and screamed. I cursed and turned left, right into the waiting hands of five guards.

“I’ve got her!” One yelled, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me through the streets. The others jogged over, breathing heavily.

“Hold still, you little witch,” one hissed into my ear as he tied my hands. “You’re going on a little trip!” I cringed away from his hot breath. The trip to the palace was quick; I was dumped into a carriage and sped through the streets.

“What’ve you got here?” asked a guard at the gate.

“A little girl. Caught her playing with magic,” the man holding me replied.

The gate guard’s eyes widened. “I’ll grab the King and Queen, they just got back and will want to see this. You take her to throne room.”

The driver of the carriage cracked his whip and we rolled through the palace gates into the courtyard. I had never seen the palace before, and even though we were at the back, I was awed for a second.

“Get out,” the guard said. “But don’t think of using your little spells, we’ve got you covered.” He didn’t need to worry about that. Even if I could get my hands free I wouldn’t be able to do anything useful. I could hardly conjure up an apple, and only when I was desperate.

When we got to the throne room I was marched in front of a dais with two thrones on it, and forced to my knees. When I looked up, I forgot where I was for a moment. I was looking into the perfect face of the King. For years I’d had a stupid crush on him, despite the four years difference in age and station. This very morning I had watched from afar as he and his new pride paraded down the streets. Then, I had wished I could just have a chance to speak with him. Now, unfortunately, my wish came through.

“Who is this?” A sharp voice asked the guards, and I tore my eyes away from the King to look at the new Queen. She was beautiful, with dark hair and pale skin, and story says that the King fell in love with her the moment they met. Right now, all I saw were her cold eyes staring down at me like I was a pest.

“She-she was caught practicing magic down in the town, my Queen,” the guard stammered.

“How old are you, witch?” asked the King, looking back at me.

“Nineteen, your majesty,” I replied, and thought I saw his face soften. The Queen leaned over and whispered in his ear, and again I felt a sharp pain of envy.

“You’re right, my dear,” he said, his eyes hardening. “Lock her up.”

6 years later…

I sighed as I closed the door and walked down the hallway. I wished I could stay longer with the Eric, but the evening was turning to night and it wouldn’t do to give the servants any more to gossip about. They were already too many rumors surrounding my arrival in court. A beautiful woman appearing at the palace, seemingly from nowhere? It was practically asking to become the next big gossip of the court. Little did they know that I had been at the palace for the last six years, hidden away in the cells for most of them. No one, especially not the king, realized that I was in fact the witch who had escaped from the palace a year ago. Five years locked up gave me ample opportunity to perfect my magic, and escaping was almost too easy.

Enough of the past. I thought. The foolish king is completely in love with me. One year of pretending to dote on him, of keeping my patience, as he remained loyal to his dead wife, but now, I almost have him. When I heard the news about the princess being born, lovely Snow White, and the death of her mother, the first stirrings of my plan concocted in my head.

I arrived at my chambers, and quickly dressed myself for bed. While I wished I could have stayed with my true love, my desire for revenge was greater than any other feeling I had.

The next morning I sang to myself, as I got dressed. I had an audience with the king, and I had heard his daughter was away. It was easy to pretend to love the king, but with Snow White it was more difficult. She looked so much like her mother, even at five years old, and demanded the king’s attention.

A knock on the door interrupted my reflection, and I hastily finished dusting my cheeks and face. “Yes?” I called.

“His majesty would like me to accompany you to his private sitting room, your ladyship,” the voice of a butler came from the other side of the door.

I opened the door and smiled brightly. “Of course, thank you for coming to get me,” I fell in step with the butler as he led me to the king’s chambers.

“Lady Grimhilde, your majesty!” The butler announced as I swept into the room, gathering my deep purple skirts in one hand.

“Lady Grimhilde!” the king exclaimed, standing and kissing my hand as I fell into a deep curtsy. “Thank you for agreeing to meet with me. As you know, my daughter isn’t here today, and I have something very important to speak to ask you.”

My heartbeat quickened and I plastered an innocent smile on my face. “What is that, your majesty?”

He sat down on a nearby couch and gestured for me to join him. “As you know, my dear wife Eva passed away five years ago giving birth to my daughter,” he paused and I wiped a fake tear from my eye at the mention of the queen. “I loved her very much, and I wished to honor her memory, but the kingdom needs a queen, and Snow White a mother.”

I nodded along, clenching my hands in my lap. “Of course,” I murmured in what I hoped was a sympathetic tone.

“Lady Grimhilde,” the king continued. “Would you do me the honor of accepting my hand in marriage?”

I gasped, putting a hand to my mouth. “Your majesty! I never thought- I would be more than honored!” I exclaimed, my false shock changing into genuine happiness.

He looked relieved and called over his butler. “Gather the servants,” he said. “Let them know that we shall be married in a fortnight’s time.”

Six months later...

I sat on the edge of my bed staring into the mirror that the king had gifted me as a wedding present. My reflection in the mirror was undoubtedly beautiful, but in my mind’s eye all I could see was Snow White’s fair skin and red lips.

“Oh mirror,” I whispered. “Who is more beautiful? You must know, for you speak only the truth.” The mirror stayed silent, my reflection unwavering, but my mind was far away from what sat in front of me.

“What if…” I murmured excitedly. I stood and removed the mirror from the wall, resting it on the stone floor of my chambers. I quickly checked the outside door and the door that led to the husband’s chambers, locking them both, before returning to my spot on the floor.

My magic was such a part of me, now I hardly had to concentrate. I willed the strands of power into my fingers, closing my eyes and reveling at the power thrumming through my body. This was bigger than distracting a couple guards and opening a lock. My eyes jolted open as I felt a shock run through my body. My magic was petty, hardly worth bothering with, and I stared down at my hands in wonder as gold bled into the mirror. It flickered like ripples in a pond, and I grabbed the mirror of the floor, my hands shaking with excitement. I placed the mirror back on the wall, and sat down on the bed. My reflection looked back at me, the same as it had before.

“Mirror, mirror, on the wall,” I whispered, searching for the next line of the rhyme. While by no means necessary, it was amusing to come up with little rhymes for my magic. “Who in this land is fairest of all?”

The mirror rippled again, and I jumped back despite myself as a ghostly spirit replaced my reflection. “You, my queen, are fairest of all.” It replied, and I shivered. It had worked! And, if it had been telling the truth, my jealousy of Snow White was unneeded.

“Darling?” I jumped up at the sound of the King’s voice.

“Yes, your majesty?” I asked, sitting on the bed with a book in case he opened the door.

“The Duke and Duchess of Ferlington are here,” he called. “Are you dressed?”

I coated my voice with sweetness. “Yes, but I’ll change. Only the best for you, my dear,”

“Excellent!” The king exclaimed, and I could almost see his vain, childish, grin. How had I ever fancied myself in love with this man? “Shall I call you a maid?”

“No, no, I’ll do it myself,” I replied. If he called me a maid I wouldn’t be able to sneak away and tell Eric I was busy tonight. Not that he’d mind, of course. The king kept him busy all day as a huntsman and he was sure to be just as happy to go to sleep early.

“I’ll meet you in the lounge, then,” the King said, and I heard his footsteps down the hall. I waited until the sound had completely faded, and I was sure he’d turned the corner that I eased out of my room and down the other hall towards Eric’s room.

The route was so familiar to me; I could do it with my eyes closed. There was little need for secrecy, as the main corridors were seldom used by the servants, who preferred the hidden passageways, and few nobles wandered down here unless in a drunken haze.

Upon reaching Eric’s room I eased the key that he had given me out of my sleeve, and quickly unlocked the door, slipping into the room. His chambers were neat, as usual, the bed made and his clothes tucked away in a pile. I searched his desk for something to write with, and quickly found a quill and blank piece of parchment.

Dearest Eric,

I regret to inform you that I won’t be able to meet you tonight, as an engagement has come up. My deepest condolences,

-Hilda

I left the room, slipping down the corridors and calling a maid once I reached my room. As I waited for her, I pulled one of my extravagant gowns of its hanger, and removed my jeweled crown from the box on the desk. I sighed contentedly as I placed it on my head, and lifted my chin high despite the weight. When I looked into the enchanted mirror, I saw not a street girl or a criminal. I saw a queen.

From that day onwards, the mirror became one of my sole comforts. When I looked into the eyes of Snow White, when I saw her face and thought only of her mother, I would turn to the mirror. I asked it the same question, the same rhyme, and every time it would answer the same. I never told Eric about the mirror, I knew what he would say.

“Do you really need an enchanted mirror to tell you you’re beautiful? Any mirror will do that. And besides, I know her mother was awful, but Snow White’s a nice girl. She wasn’t even raised by the queen.”

As much as I loved Eric, he didn’t understand me. He couldn’t understand what it was like for me, living with the daughter of the woman I hated most. I finally had the crown and the king, but Snow White was like a constant reminder that it wasn’t rightfully mine.

The months, passed, and as Snow White grew, so did my jealousy. Eight months after I had married the king, he left on a six-month tour of the kingdom. I tearfully and dutifully waved goodbye when he left, but the only true tears I shed were those that mourned Snow White’s presence at the palace.

In the first month, without her father’s “strict” rules, she bought herself ten of the finest dresses, using the money in the palace coffers for her purchase. She danced and sang around the palace, as self-assured as her mother had been. Twirling in her fancy gowns, playing queen. I suppose her father had once told her that when he died, she would become queen of the kingdom, because she took to ordering me around.

“Go wash the floors, stepmother!” she called. “Isn’t that weird? When father dies, I’ll become queen and then I can order you around!” She paused her dancing for a moment. “I think I’ll like that.”

As soon as she twirled away, I ran for my chambers, and looked into my mirror. As I stared at my own pale face, my anger melted away, and a plan grew in my mind. Perhaps she would be able to order me around when she was queen, but right now I was queen, and could order her around. I left my room, walking down the servant’s corridor.

As I passed the servants they dipped into curtsies and mumbled “your majesty”, with shocked faces. I stopped a young maid who looked about eight or nine, and asked her if she had another outfit.

She nodded, and dashed away down some hallway. I stood patiently; inwardly chuckling at the stunned looks I received from the passing servants. A few minutes later the maid came running back, a brown dress, apron, and hat in hand.

“Thank you,” I said. “Would you like them back?”

She shook her head. “No, your majesty. I can get another,” she dipped into another curtsy, and I could feel her eyes on my back as I walked away.

I had been in the palace for so long, that my feet took me to the princess’ wing automatically. I stopped in front of Snow White’s door, and knocked sharply.

“Is that you, Nanny?” A sweet little voice called.

“No, it’s the queen. Your stepmother,” I answered.

The door cracked open and Snow White peeked her head out. “What are you doing here?” She asked.

I held out the maid’s outfit. “Put these on, Snow White,” I said. “I think it’s time you learned what servants go through.”

Her brow furrowed and she frowned. “But I’m not a servant,” she said. “I’m a princess.”

I sighed patiently. “But one day you’ll be in charge of all these servants,” I replied. “It’ll be good for you to see what it’s like.” Besides, I thought. Maybe you won’t look so much like your precious mother if you’re dressed in rags. I shoved the outfit at her, and she looked at it doubtfully.

“Alright then, stepmother,” she said. “If you say so.” I waited as the door closed, and a few minutes later the princess appeared, dressed in the shapeless gray dress and apron.

I grabbed the hat, and pulled her towards me. “Let me help,” I said, tucking all her black hair under the cap. “Now, go down to the kitchen,” I said. “Grab a rag and bucket and start mopping the halls in the Eastern Wing.” I gave her a small push down the hallway, and then let myself into her room.

The next few weeks, I sent Snow White down to clean floors, or windows, always dressed in her rags. I had taken her fabulous gowns the first night, just to make sure she didn’t sneak away from her duties.

When she complained, I sharply told her the same things I had at first, and she obeyed, although I’m sure she complained to the other servants. When my maid helped me dress and do my hair, she glared at me when she thought I wasn’t looking. The servants in the corridors still bowed and curtsied, but there was something cold about them.

One night, when I was sitting in Eric’s room, watching him get ready for the day, he mentioned it.

“Why are you forcing the princess to mop the floors like a maid?” He asked, not looking at me.

I sighed. “Exactly what I told her. Hopefully it will give her sympathy for the servants,”

He shook his head. “This has something to do with her mother, doesn’t it?”

I nodded. “Yes. If the queen had done this, maybe she would have sympathized with a poor street girl instead of sending her to jail!”

He buttoned up his coat. “And I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that she looks like an urchin in the servant’s clothes?” He asked sarcastically. “You must deal with this jealousy of yours. I know the queen did something unforgivable to you, but Snow White is not her mother.”

I rolled my eyes and looked away. “You don’t understand, Eric.” I said. “How could you?”

“You’re right,” he grabbed his axe from the door. “I don’t understand.” He opened the door and stepped out into the hall, shutting it loudly behind him.

I sighed again, and pulled myself off the bed. At least my mirror would be a comfort. I left the room and walked the halls towards my own. Once inside, I stood by my bed and recited my poem.

“Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who in this land is fairest of all?”

“You, my queen, are fair it is true.” The mirror began, “But Snow White is a thousand times fairer than you."

I narrowed my eyes. “What did you say?” I hissed.

“Snow White is more beautiful than you,” It replied. “I’m sorry my queen, but it is true.”

I clenched my hand in a fist at my side, feeling power curse through my fingers until they buzzed. I flicked my wrist and flung a streak of power at the center of the mirror, shattering it. I grabbed a large shard from off the bed, and turned it in my hand.

“I must get rid of that girl,” I said to myself. “I’ll only be at peace after she is truly dead.” A sharp pain caused me to look down at my hand. Beads of blood pooled on my fingers where the glass had dug into my hand in my tight grip. I dropped the mirror and closed my eyes, not bothering to wipe away the blood. “Soon, Snow White,” I whispered. “Soon, you will bleed.”

I banged desperately at Eric’s door, calling as loud as I dared without attracting the servant’s attention. He opened it promptly, partially undressed. “Hilda?” He asked, stepping aside to let me in. “What are you doing here?”

I breathed heavily, my eyes darting from the hallway outside to his eyes. “Close the door, Eric,” I said. “Please, quickly!”

He shut the door and led me over to the bed by the elbow. “What’s happened, are you okay?” He asked, concerned.

“It’s Snow White,” I replied, panic in my eyes. “I went over to do as you suggested and tell her it’s okay for her to stop cleaning.” I paused for a second. “When I got there she was talking to her maid, so I stood outside. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but I heard her say that she was going to kill me.”

Eric frowned. “Are you sure that she was talking about you?” he asked. “Maybe she was just joking. Children play all sorts of games, you know.”

I shook my head. “She was serious. I could tell in her voice. I never meant for her to have this hate, and in such a young child!”

Eric’s face shifted, and I could see that he believed me. “What do you want me to do?” he asked.

“Kill her,” I said quietly. “I know you won’t like it, but you have to trust me.” I shuddered. “She means what she said, and she will do it, I know she will. With the servants on her side she’ll succeed too.” Grabbing one of his hands, I let a small stream of persuasive magic into his skin. “I fear for my life, Eric.”

He nodded. “How do you want me to do it?”

“Take her out into the woods,” I said. “Make some excuse. Then kill her and bring me her heart.”

He flinched. “Are you sure? That’s rather brutal, isn’t it?”

“Trust me,” I replied, weaving another strain of magic into my words. “I won’t rest until I know she’s dead.” That was the truest thing I’d said yet.

“I will bring you back her heart,” he said, bowing his head. “My queen.”

The next morning I woke up and swung my legs over the bed. Straightening my nightgown, I padded out of the bedroom and into my sitting room towards the large padded chair near the window. Reaching under the cushion, my fingers grasped on a thin piece of paper, and I pulled it out.

Dear Grimhilde, the note read. I have done what you asked. Pick up the package in the regular spot; you may need to look around a little.

I grinned, and tossed the note into the fireplace, watching it burn. The first dress I pulled out of my closet was a simple red gown that I had been saving for when I had to meet the duke of Callerbury. I pulled off my nightgown and replaced it with a shift, then pulled the dress over my head. While struggling to button it up, a knock sounded at my door.

“Who is it?” I asked.

“A maid, your majesty,” the voice replied.

“Come in!” I called as the door opened and my maid entered. She took one look at my gown and me and gasped.

“Let me help!” She cried, running over and finishing my buttons for me. I sighed, relieved, as I dropped my arms and let her deal with it. “Where are you running off to?” She asked, picking up my brush and starting to brush my hair.

“I just remembered an important meeting, and I didn’t want to wake you.” I replied.

“Wake me!” She laughed and put down my brush. “I’m awake before the sun!”

I smiled, and ran a hand through my untangled hair. “Thank you,” I said. “You may go now.”

She nodded and left, her footsteps fading down the hall. I waited until I couldn’t hear her, before slipping out and heading towards Eric’s room. After I knocked on the door and let myself in, I moved immediately to the big desk. I opened the third drawer on the left, and then eased up the false bottom with my finger. I reached into the dark space below, and grabbed a large box. I pulled it out eagerly, replacing the bottom and closing the drawer before sitting on the edge of his bed.

My fingers trembled as I untied the string around the wooden box and pulled open the lid. I put a hand to my mouth at the sight of the heart, red and bloody, but not in disgust.

“He did it,” I whispered excitedly. “He really did it!” I quickly closed the box and tucked it under my arm as I hurried back through the halls to my own chambers. As I tucked the package in the deepest drawer of my desk, I glanced at the mirror. After I had returned from Eric’s room the night before, I had reassembled the mirror, in considerably better spirits than when I had broken it. I hadn’t tested it since it had revealed Snow White’s beauty, and I wasn’t about to now.

“Thank you, Eric,” I said to the air. “Now, all I have to do is make up a little story.” I sat down at the desk and pulled a sheet of parchment towards me.

Dearest majesty the King, I wrote. I hate to be the bringer of this news, and it pains me more than you can know, but you deserve to be told, and, as your wife, I need to tell you. This morning your daughter the princess Snow White wanted to go out with the royal huntsman to chop wood. I was not awake at the time, but she had decided to go for an adventure. The huntsman agreed, and he took her out chopping. She had wandered away, the huntsman found her at the edge of a very deep abandoned well. He called for her to come back, but she didn’t hear him. He ran to her, and tried to grab her, but she leaned over too far and fell in. He tried to send down a rope to her, but it wasn’t long enough. He quickly raced back to the palace to get a longer rope, but by the time he got back it was too late. He said he tried to recover her body, but the poor girl had been swept deep in the dark water. It pains me ever so much to be the one to tell you this, my husband, and I am so very sorry for your loss. She was so beautiful, so innocent, so charming, just like her mother, the queen (may she rest in peace), and we can only hope that she is happy and reunited with her mother. My deepest condolences,

Lady Grimhilde.

I read over my letter again, and, content that it seemed sincere enough, I called for a messenger. When the knock appeared at the door, I forced a couple tears to fall from my eyes, and opened it to the boy outside.

“Take this to the king,” I said. “Go as fast as you can.”

The boy nodded and raced off. I was sure he would read it and tell the rest of the servants as soon as he could, but it would be best if the story were reinforced by the time the king arrived anyways. A few minutes later another messenger appeared at my door.

“A not for you, your majesty,” he said, bowing.

I took it from him and closed the door, confused. It couldn’t be a note from the king already. I unfolded it, and breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of Eric’s handwriting.

I did as you asked, much to my regret. I hope you were correct. That was all he wrote, and I could practically hear the bitterness in his voice. I shook my head. That didn’t matter now. He did what I asked, and now she was dead.

The next few days consisted of running around as usual, the only difference was my fake grief I portrayed when in public. As much as I hated it, I was a good actor from my years in the palace, and the palace seamstress had made me a beautiful new wardrobe, all in black. I had started organizing the funeral, planning a grand affair the day after the king was set to return. The organizing of the cooks, and maids, and invitations, and decorations, and music, and everything else reminded me of planning a party. I suppose that’s what it was though, a funeral for everyone else, and a party for me.

I didn’t see the king when he returned until the funeral, which I was extremely grateful. I wasn’t sure I could keep up my grieving face and console him about Snow White.

The next morning before the funeral I decided to return to my mirror, just to remind myself of what had really happened. “Mirror, mirror on the wall,” I sang triumphantly. “Who’s the fairest of them all?”

“You my queen, are fair it is true,” the mirror said, and I staggered back.

“What?” I asked, my voice precariously shaky.

“Snow White, who lives with the dwarves, is still fairer than you,” the mirror finished.

I raised my hand to blast the mirror again, then stopped. Obviously Eric wasn’t as trustworthy as I’d hoped. I might need to use it again soon. I wished I could go to his rooms right then and there, but the funeral was starting in an hour, and he would be out and about anyways. I would have to content myself with waiting through the funeral, despite my anger.

When the time came, and the king arrived to escort me, I was glad for the black veil covering my face. My glaring eyes would be obvious if anyone saw me, although the king hardly noticed I was there; he was too consumed in his grief. We sat in the front row pews, and I waited as the service dragged on, the king only speaking when he went up for his speech. I sat through it, barely tolerating when I should be celebrating.

After it was over, I made a beeline to Eric’s room, waiting there for half an hour until he showed up. “What was that for?” I cried as he opened the door and walked in.

He startled, and then relaxed when he saw it was me, before tensing up in my furious glare. “What do you mean?” he said uncomfortably, trying to bluff his way through it.

“Don’t. Lie. To. Me.” I said through clenched teeth, balling my hands into fists to stop myself from wrecking the room. “I know she’s alive and with the dwarves. Where is she?”

He furrowed his brow. “Dwarves? I don’t know about dwarves. The last I saw her she was running through the forest and-“

“So you admit it?” I yelled. “You admit that you betrayed me, betrayed my trust.” I started sobbing with anger and frustration. “I told you she would kill me! And yet you still let her live? What if I showed up dead, then how would you feel?” I said.

Eric flinched. “She was so scared, so innocent. I couldn’t do it Hilda, you couldn’t ask me to.”

“Yes, I could!” I shouted. “I could, and I did, and I…” I trailed off, tears running down my face.

“I told her to leave.” He said. “I told her to never return, and I killed a deer instead. That was whose heart I gave you.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Eric. The one person I’d trusted in the palace, the one person I believed in. The one person I loved. He betrayed me just as the king did, all for Snow White. I would not let this stand. Snow White would die, and I would do it myself. And as for Eric, he would pay the price for his betrayal. 

Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:27 am
Draculus says...

So.
My first reaction when I found out this is a story about Snow White and the Huntsman was: "Wow". The author had a great idea to tell the story from the Queen's point of view, rewriting the plot at the same time. When writers get to already famous stories and decide to make their own stories from them, for meit means they are quite imaginitive which I appreciate. And I even can say that I liked this chapter, because it was interesting to know how the author will turn and twist the known plot. The language is easy to read and to understand, the events are built in a logical way, that was what I liked, too.

Then I should talk a bit about bad sides about the writing, for this is a review, I should be rational. I know some authors tend to write in a "quick" style, which makes the writing super fast to read. I can't say that I like when a huge chapter like this one ends in a few minutes and doesn't really have any interesting details that would curve into my mind, because the author only concentrates on actions and events and noton the deep thoughts, feelings of the characters. It leaves the writing without emotions and makes it... well, not bad or boring, but ordinary.
I'm sure that the author has a potential, as well as the story. I hope this comment would be helpful in the future developing of the writing.

Sincerely yours,
Drak.

P.S.
Sorry for the empty message down there, I didn't wantnto leave it, but the page seemed to lag.

Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 am
dahlia58 wrote a review...

This chapter definitely made me look forward to part two. Let me know when it comes out.

I haven't read many retellings of fairytales, but this one is good, that I'm certain about. Somehow, the wicked queen seems a bit...younger than the original story suggests. Then again, a mature lady wouldn't try to murder her stepdaughter over a dumb beauty problem, so perhaps this image fits her well. The main thing I suggest this that maybe you could make the longer paragraphs a little shorter, as in breaking them into smaller chunks? Reading becomes much more easier that way.

Gnomish says...

Okay, will do! Thanks for reviewing!

Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am
JesseWrites says...

I like fairy tales. You made this so incredible. It is similar to Snow White, but you made it your own. The plot was on point. I personally like a little more detail. There were also some errors with grammar, but that's okay.

Your use of characters is amazing, but some could use more. I enjoyed this and I cant wait until part 2.

Keep it up!
~S.M.Locke~

Gnomish says...

Thank you, I'll go through it and try to find the grammar errors!

Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 am
Draculus says...

So.

Sincerely yours,
Drak.

P.S.

Gnomish says...

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes