z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

To My Friend, The Werewolf Girl

by GengarIsBestBoy


One night I laid me down to sleep,

And prayed the Lord my soul to keep.

I woke in a strange and unfamiliar world,

And there I met you.

Your eyes were welcoming and your smile was kind;

Your fur was like chocolate and your hair was like fairydust;

Your ears were ready to listen and your hand was in mine.

You led me into this world and said “Don’t be scared!”

You took me down winding paths and colorful forests;

You took me through ancient ruins and bustling cities;

You took me through space and time itself,

Until we finally made it to your house.

We hid in your parent’s bathroom

And made a secret club.

We talked and made jokes and sang songs, 

With not a care in the world!

Although our time together was short,

And although I never knew your name,

I miss you.

Please come back.

I need you more than ever.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
972 Reviews


Points: 81
Reviews: 972

Donate
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:07 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



That sounds like an epic friend! Dream friends are a nice escape from life. Maybe in another dream the werewolf girl might return, who knows? But it must have been lovely to venture into the forests with a werewolf for a moment, not a care in the world. Dreams are important to hold onto, to never forget that moment of joy.

I hope that you will have an awesome day and night.




User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 1446
Reviews: 34

Donate
Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:50 am
View Likes
Mikatsune wrote a review...



Hello there again! I believe we've met before. It's Mika!

Firstly, I want to say this an excellent poem, about friendship and camaraderie. The two people in the poem seem to have a really close and special bond, which is cool! I was absorbed while reading this, about exploring an unfamiliar new world. I like the imagination throughout the poem. I also like how even though this poem is short and sweet, we can identify the mysterious girl's personality! Whoever she is (it looks like you've indicated that she is a werewolf) seems pretty kind and willing to help the main character (The speaker)get used to this new world! The ending was pretty sad though, the speaker expressed how desperate he was for this werewolf girl to come back :(. I hope they'll meet again soon! Have a good day/night/afternoon!




User avatar
169 Reviews


Points: 33509
Reviews: 169

Donate
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:12 pm
View Likes
Rose wrote a review...



Greetings dreamer of the moonlit wilds,

Even the little things in life, like dreaming of a new world, can be fascinating. It is incredible how you were able to turn it into a beautiful poem. Not too long, not too short and very enjoyable. I write poems myself, but I've never tried to write one about a dream. There is a very unique world in your head with lots of adventures.


"Although our time together was short,

And although I never knew your name,

I miss you.

Please come back.

I need you more than ever."

This would probably be my favorite part. Not knowing your friend's name can be quite a mystery. But who knows? Maybe, just maybe you'll meet your friend again, one day, someday, or today.


"Art is visible in many ways- some see it, some read it."
- Rose

https://rosewriting12.blogspot.com/






Thank you for reading!



Rose says...


My pleasure!



Rose says...


My pleasure!




Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis