z

Young Writers Society



Thoughts of love

by Frenchchilla


Why couldn’t she tell him
how she felt?
He had said he liked her
But is it anything more than that?
She may never know.

They said she acted like she loved him,
but it would be fine with her
if they stayed friends.

But then there is always that thought,
Dormant and engraved into her mind.
Always that hope.
That drives the mind insane.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
915 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 915

Donate
Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:18 am
Incandescence says...



_frenchilla_


Not much to get excited about. The reader recognizes the situation but is given nothing in the way of a POV or insight that attempts to push beyond simple recognition.

Best,
Brad




User avatar
2058 Reviews


Points: 32885
Reviews: 2058

Donate
Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:29 am
Emerson wrote a review...



There isn't a whole lot to this...Apeva is right! Although, I would have hoped not to be as blunt as she was.

There isn't anything about this that really stands out. I suggest you read poetry; that is the best way to learn how to write it! Read, read, read. You need to put emotions into poems, show, don't tell. I read a poem to get something in return, to feel something or think something new, but this didn't leave me with anything. Think about that: what do you want your reader to feel?


Best of luck!




User avatar
188 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 188

Donate
Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:56 pm
Evangelina says...



Frankly, I think there's too many pronouns.




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 6

Donate
Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:54 pm
apeva wrote a review...



Poetry should not just be a clump of words. It should be artistic; it should make you SEE not READ. Show, don't tell. I read poems like this daily and frankly, it's cliche, boring, and I usually stop reading halfway through. Describe the emotions this girl feels. Do they writhe? Do they resemble something feeling wise or appearance wise? Use metaphors, similes, symbolism, onomatopoeias, colors, and anything else you can think of to create an illusion or image, not just something that sounds like a one-sided conversation.




User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 461

Donate
Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:43 pm
GingerLizzy wrote a review...



I liked this. It's a different approach to the romance poetry of today and it outlines a lot of different possible relationships the girl would like with the boy.

I like how she is fine with just being friends, but deep inside, she's thinking, maybe I want it to be more?

I suppose many people can relate to that and that is what makes a good piece of writing. ^^

I liked it.




User avatar
321 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 321

Donate
Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:48 am
Liz wrote a review...



Quite nice. The general idea is in many ways outworn, so I think you need a bit more spark to pull it off. You've got a nice tone, and I like the ending, but I think you need to put in something more unique.
I don't really get a feel for the "she" youre talking about. You might want to build on that.
Also think about how you want to break up the lines.. especially in the last stanza, I don't think the full-stops work well. Makes the flow choppy.
Anyway, not too bad, but I'd like to see your next draft.





Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman