Home » Literary works » Other » Supernatural

Rylan Martin

by FourLeafClover

Full Name: Rylan Blake Martin

Nickname(s): 

Card: King of Swords

Age: 13

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Heteroflexible demiromantic

Date of Birth: December 21, 2007

Hometown: Salem, Massachusetts

Family: Lexia "Lex" Jayne Martin (twin sister), Elise Eden Martin (older sister), Breanna "Bree" Sofia Martin (oldest sister), Owen Mason Martin (older brother), Georgie Erica Martin (younger sister), Zoë Malia Burroughs-Martin (mother), Allen John "AJ" Martin (father), Marissa Talia Walcot-Burroughs (aunt), Jonathan Erik Martin (uncle), Hadley Nerissa Martin (cousin), Luke Drake Martin (cousin), Reyna Amelia Martin (cousin), Felicity Sally Martin-Osborne (aunt), Ryan Matthew Osborne (uncle), Emily Lillian Osborne (cousin), Arya Josefine Burroughs (aunt).

Pet: Spot (leopard gecko)

Soulmate: Kendyll Jessica Nurse

Friends: Fisher Nicolas Redd, Nathan "Nate" David Proctor, Tessa Gabriella Proctor (deceased), Angie Wanda Redd. 

Appearance: Wavy black hair in a quiff cut, bottle green eyes, beige skin, scars around right wrist, attached earlobes, black Fitbit on left wrist, chipped nails, dark gray pullover hoodie, black soccer shorts, black-and-white beat-up checkered vans, green-and-black soccer jersey, red & orange plumeria swirl Soulmate Mark on upper left arm (shared with Kendyll).

Personality Traits: Easily annoyed, unintentionally rude at times, competitive, aggressive, creative, funny once you get to know him, friendly once you get to know him, activist, tired.

Interests: Combat, running, mythology, soccer, swimming, witchcraft, surviving Kendyll's sarcasm

School: Card Academy

Classes: Ancient Witch History, Advanced Combat, Witch Rights, Lunch (hey, it counts), Study Hall, Spellcasting 101, Safe Witchcraft, Demonology, First Aid, Magical Arts, Everyday Witchcraft, Deitology, Tarot 101.

Extracurriculars: Cross Realms (like cross country, but in different realms), Track & Field, Equity Club, Sword Fighting, Soccer.

Special Items: Enchanted katanas, soccer ball

Preferred Weapon: Enchanted katanas

Random Fact: He and Nate have a bet running to see how long it'll take Kendyll to run out of alligator shirts, since she seems to have an endless supply of them.

Favorites:

• Favorite song: "Champion" by Fall Out Boy
  • Favorite show: The Office
  • Favorite sport: Soccer
  • Favorite food: Angie's apple dumplings (despite the spell she put in them that one time)
  • Favorite color: Red

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:10 pm
SadboyJay wrote a review...

hey @FourLeafClover i im here to drop an review

should we start okay

First off it was nice that you put Everything about him and turned it in to a poem that was really sweet of you that you actually put his whole information and made like its a poem that was so wonderful of you and you should do a part 2 put as a story through that would turned that as a good story

my compliment is that i had enjoyed your poem and hearing about a boy and his family next time you should do like what the boy did or that like a good story about him

how you can improve is you should next time do a story that goes wit the boy and stuff but i know you are working and writing more new stuff for now

have a nice day of writing!!!

~Jay~

There is a story going with him once I'm finished writing the background info for the characters, the school, and symbolism.
Thanks for the review

Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:31 pm
Rosewood wrote a review...

Hey, Rosewood here! *pretend there's a rose emoji here*

I just like to say that I just love the description and information you bundled into this character! I can see that it really sculpts this person into reality- or at least in the fictional world we all like to create in our heads... :)

For starters, I'd like to emphasize the take on your characters' names. You gave them each "normal" sounding or "classic" names with a flair of the supernatural- which by the description at the top of this layout is what it looks like you were going for! I'd also like to point out that you added diversity in the character's sexualities, (assuming Rylan isn't surrounded by just heteros lol), and it definitely normalizes every aspect in the LGBTQ+ community- which I LOVE.

And while this may have not been the most helpful writing-wise, if you post any chapters or stories relating to this, I'd love for you to tag me in that and I'll give it my best shot!

(For the sexuality thing, his Soulmate is biromantic, and there's gonna be a lot of other sexualities in the story)
There will be chapters and stories, yes, and I'll tag you if you'd like me to!

Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi FourLeafClover,

I've never reviewed a character before, so I guess I can't say much if the character appeals to me or not, but I try to give myself an overview of the character so I can then give a first opinion.

In the "first" part (I mentally split it up a bit) we get the most important core information such as name, age, gender, and other "ID information". I think a height would definitely go in there (maybe a weight if that's not too much). In any case, you have valuable information together.

Then you get an overview of the family. I think it's good as a first draft, but it's a bit confusing, especially when the reader starts to get familiar with the names. I would try to make a better overview by structuring the family: "siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins". That definitely helps when you're reading up on where exactly you'd have to look.

The pet seems cute! :D

I think the Appearance would be better above the Family category, so that you have "three bigger chapters", so to speak; personal information, friends and family, and further information, where the Personality Traits, etc. are inserted.

In Appearance I think you can expand a bit more on what clothes Ryan likes to wear, as I assume he rarely walks around in the same clothes for a week. D You can also expand a bit on the Personality Traits, maybe some examples, because you put "aggressive" in there. For me, it gives the feeling that I don't want to have much to do with Ryan.

To expand on the previous point, you could add a short CV, what stages he has already been through, or moments that are very memorable to him. Then you also create a connection with the Personality Traits, which makes it much easier to read through the personality.

In general, I think you have built it up well and have already given valuable information. For an "info page" where you can always go back if you don't know something about a character directly, it's very clear. :D I've reached the end here, and I have to say that the character seems very interesting and is also well developed.

I'll think about the structuring part, thanks for pointing that out!

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson