z

Young Writers Society



Blood and Chocolate

by Foreseer


I just finished reading Blood and Chocolate and I thought it was a really good book!!!

Just wanted to know if anyone else had read it and what they thought about it? :wink:


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
241 Reviews


Points: 1090
Reviews: 241

Donate
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:54 am



No.

*folds arms defiantly*
lol jk. but i really am curious. sounds sort of like Twilight. I think i'll go goole it...*runs off*




User avatar
38 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 38

Donate
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:45 am
Kelsey Logan says...



just go rent the movie.




User avatar
241 Reviews


Points: 1090
Reviews: 241

Donate
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:25 am



I've never read that. Will someone describe the plot to me?




User avatar
602 Reviews


Points: 1609
Reviews: 602

Donate
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:10 am
Wolf says...



I agree; Aiden was good. In fact, if I was older I might have thought he was cute :P
I also really liked the actor who played Gabriel. I liked tthe actor for Gabriel for more than his character in the book, actually- in the book he was big, blonde and smelled like sweat & booze. In the movie he was just as dangerous, but a more dark, emotional dangerous. You know; the accent, harsh decisions, etc.




User avatar
38 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 38

Donate
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:05 am
Kelsey Logan says...



I didn't really like the actress who played Vivian either. But I liked Aiden.




User avatar
602 Reviews


Points: 1609
Reviews: 602

Donate
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:03 am
Wolf wrote a review...



I really liked the book, a little better than the movie anyways.
What really bugged me was the plot, though. When I read it for the first time I didn't really notice, but the second and third I was like, 'ugh.'
Her ideas were pretty cool, and I liked her style of writing when she described running as a wolf.
As for characters, I think she could have improved a bit. They were pretty good, but still...
The movie; urgh. I didn't like it very much. Vivian was supposed to have tawny/golden hair and tanned skin, but in the movie she was pale and blond. Not saying that the actor wasn't good-looking, but I don't think she should have played Vivian. Aidan was good too, as was Gabriel. I was upset when he died.
All in all, it was a good book and an ok movie, in my opinion.




User avatar
38 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 38

Donate
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:56 am
Kelsey Logan says...



I need to read that. The movie was really good.




User avatar
270 Reviews


Points: 1373
Reviews: 270

Donate
Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:57 am
Alice wrote a review...



Blood and chocolate doesn't have a plot for a movie, and I admit as well, if I had to chose, I'd pick the movie. They picked really cute actors, and Vivian and Aiden ended up together. It sucked that Gabriel died though, he was cute. :D.




User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 14

Donate
Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:48 am
snap wrote a review...



I actually thought the movie was better than the book (I know, it was a first for me :)) Don't get me wrong, I liked the book, but it just didn't do it for me. I mean, Annette Curtis Klaus was a descent writer, but all her plots (that I've read, anyway), quite honestly, suck. I kept on thinking how much better it could be, and, by the end, I was disappointed. Based on the plot alone, I think the movie was better. Anyway, that's my opinion :)




User avatar
270 Reviews


Points: 1373
Reviews: 270

Donate
Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:47 am
Alice says...



You made a mistake when you went and saw that movie Gen, you should never go into a movie theater and expect a movie to do the book any justice. As its own story it was a good movie, but I'd love it if they redid it so it was like the book.




User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 49

Donate
Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:07 am
scrambled_pages says...



The movie was awful, I saw it and felt sick it was so bad! (not that I feel strongly about it or anything *sarcasm*lol)

They completely butchered the plot, the movie was decent on its own but had absolutely nothing to do with the original plot... other than the character namesit was unrecognizable, I usualy dislike movies that are made after books because obviously they just cannot be the same but this was by far the worst.
-Gen




User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 52

Donate
Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:38 pm
Foreseer says...



Well, it is a good book, but yeah it may be missing just a little something. Oh, well, I liked it anyway. :wink:

The movie, from what my sister told me, was nothing unlike the book. So, I really don't plan to see it, it might just get me mad that it doesn't follow.




User avatar
50 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 50

Donate
Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:36 pm
Roaming Shadow wrote a review...



I had high hopes (though not too high), and found myself dissapointed, especially at the ending. It was a different take on the whole werewolf thing, and it was recommended here after a rant of mine, so I checked it out from the library. It's not "bad", but I'm not likely to ever read it again for enjoyment. I got all the way through it, which there has been a book of which I couldn't bring myself to finish. Maybe I'm just not into that kind of book. I can't really go into what I disliked without spoilers.

They're making a movie out of it too. However, it looks to be very loosely based off the book. Maybe 50% of the plot making the transition based off the trailer (how the heck did they get it past the author, if the author is still alive?). Maybe I'll like that better. If you liked the book, from what I've seen, don't bother with the movie. Then again, that's true for most adaptations, right?




User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 49

Donate
Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:52 pm
scrambled_pages wrote a review...



I read Blood and Chocolate years ago and thought that it was really good, though I revisited it last summer and was disapointed.
I still think that the book is pretty good it just lacks...something.
To mention all the things that bothered me I'd have to have the book with me because it has, for some reason, been fused together with a couple other books in my mind, but I do not have the book with me so I'll just say that it is a good book, and since its a quick and easy read I recomend it highly for anyone who likes the kind of supernatural YA romance... maybe that why I didn't like it: I usually don't read those but every once in a while one comes highly recomended and so I give it a chance.

I know that I just rambled a lot, and am not sure I made any sense,*sighs* oh well...

-Gen





I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster