Home » Literary works » Other » General

Nightly thoughts

by Fleetingthoughts

I’m cloaking my mudded vision with imagination; and this darkness keeps on enlightening my world. I know that there’s so much in the real world to be seen and observed once we set our mind to attract these godly made wonders. BUT I just can’t let go of the comfort and happiness that fills me once I plunge deep into this world of mine.

To be able to dream of endless possibilities; and various stories behind the silliest of gestures; and to notice the unnoticeable for others that normally seems unworthy of attention : now that’s a time well spent with myself.

Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:11 am
hyperview wrote a review...

Very nicely said! I think you've basically captured what most of us writers think about in pretty words. :P I honestly think one of the main reasons people write is for escapism; to form some gateway and detach ourselves from reality just for a bit. Some of us also love telling stories, and relaying things that go on in our minds, or in our lives, or in people we've created. All in all, writing is a personal profession, but interpersonal as well.

There are some things I'd like to point out about this though (cue annoying nitpicker): I don't think the semi-colon in the first sentence needs to be there. A comma should work just fine since you can join the two sentences together with no problems (if I'm wrong or missing something, please correct me on this). I would like to call out the other semi-colons as well, but I'm a bit hesitant about those. Maybe read up on semi-colons to see if you're using them correctly? Even though this is just a small piece, you don't want these errors to carry on into your bigger works.

Other than that, thanks for speaking on behalf of us writers! Have a great day/night!

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:13 pm
tintomara138 wrote a review...

Hey!

You put it into words! It's really good and I like it, especially because I feel the same way.
Every sentence here is written well and if I quoted something from here I liked best, I would be quoting the whole thing.

The words you used are beautiful and strong. There's no pretense here, everything is clear, yet, poetically written.

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles