Silverwing, Sunwing, and Firewing

by Firestar

I love these books!!! If you haven't read them, all I can say is you're missing out on some great books. I have heard some people say that they didn't like the third one, but I have yet to hear someone say something bad about the first two.

RedBird wrote a review...

I love these books so much! I first read them when I was ten, and man, did they draw me in. I love bats, and always have, and the fact that these were the only books that I could ever find that had BATS as the main characters instantly hooked me. And apart from that, the plot is well thought out, the characters are disconcertingly human for being bats, and the villain is pretty much the most twisted and evil one you could want. Even beyond that, the fact that Oppel links some events from human history into his stories is deliciously intelligent. The mythology of the bats, as well as their culture, are fascinatingly alien, as well, and that was a large part of why I read these books.

On a side note, Kenneth Oppel, the author, has written some other great books as well: Darkwing (also about bats), and the Airborn trilogy.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:33 pm
WaterVyper wrote a review...

Oh yes, I definitely love them! I didn't think the third one was that bad. Well, it was a little bit difficult to keep up with but I loved it! Goth is one persistent guy- bat- isn't he? And I love Shade, especially in the last book. The ending was kinda sad...

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper