z

Young Writers Society



Blue Steel - The Lying Game (Chp 2)

by EvensLily


Blue sat very still as The UDF surrounded her and demanded her to answer questions she did not know the answer too. Blue wasn’t even sure how The UDF had come knocking on the door after the angels death, someone had called them. She watched as her brother was sitting on a chair, his purple dye streaming down his face. The UDF had given him a blanket and had demanded him to answerer questions. Steel was a big boy though, he could deal with this easily on his own.

“Will you answer the questions? For Lucifer’s sake!”

“I do not know. We got a message from our Zenith Compass to come here, how where we supposed to know it wasn’t from you?”

“Who have you pissed off?” The one with the tattoo’s said as he scribbled down all of her answers into a little leather booklet.

“I’m a freaking YIW, who haven’t I pissed off?” Blue answered for the fifth time.

“This is why I stick to desk work.” The one with the glasses said, shaking his head.

“Yeah, we get it Paterson, it’s dangerous for the children… blah, blah, blah, this is what they were born to do. Die for our cause.” Blue snorted.

“I don’t die for you, you jackass, I die for humanity and hell.” There were three of them crowded around her and they all rolled their eyes at her. The women who had just been sitting with Steel ran over with her notepad and took the one the tattooed one had been holding.

“There stories match.” She said firmly, flipping back her hair. “No more use for them. Send them back to the Orphanage or whatever they call that place.”

“First of all, it’s called the Society of Young Parentless YIW and no. What about the thing?” The woman’s eyes suddenly widened.

“What thing?”

“You know, the monster, the beast with the mark of David.”

“What thing?” The man with the tattoos asked. The woman looked furious.

“That thing you supposedly saw was nothing; now get back to New York you little shit. I don’t want to see you both in New Jersey ever again. Stick to your own district.” And with those words, she left, strutting away while her blonde hair swung behind her. It was long, unusually so, all the way down to her hips. Blue felt a little pang of the green eyed monster.

“Fáilte ar aris.” She heard someone say behind her. She turned to see Steel slumping himself next to her. “Guess what? I stole my Blackberry off you when you weren’t looking.” He pulled out his blackberry from his hoodie. “I’ve already updated my status twice.” Blue felt herself laugh all of a sudden, the harshness of the day seemed to be taken away a little with her brothers smile.

“Come on, it’s getting late.” She checked her watch, yep; it was 2 o’clock in the morning.

“Correction: It’s early.” Steel updated for her. She had stopped laughing.

“Don’t be a smart arse with me please, I don’t appreciate it.” He just laughed again and dropped the blanket from around his neck and onto the floor.

“Hey,” Peterson said. “I’m not picking that up.”

“Fine, don’t,” was all Steel answered on the matter.

When Blue thought they were as alone as they could be, she turned towards him. “I think we should get out of New Jersey.”

“Funny, I just literally updated my status to that three minutes ago.”

“Will you be serious please? We need to get to Flo’s and talk about what happened. It’s the only place where we won’t be overheard by anyone.”

“Okay, but first I need to fix my hair.” Blue rolled her eyes,

“Of course you do.” (A truth: Blue had blue hair, she didn’t dye it that colour. It was completely natural. Steel on the other hand used a semi-permanent hair dye and dyed his hair a different colour every day. He also made sure the colour of boxers matched his hair. Please do not tell him I said that, it’s kind of a secret.)

The train journey into Grand Central station was a very annoying one. Everyone that was in the train was staring at her, why? She’d washed all the blood off hadn’t she?

Holy hell, she hadn’t. No wonder everyone looked at her like a serial killer, she was covered in blood. There was a chuckle from behind her.

“I asked my follower’s whether to tell you to go and wash the blood off or keep it on. The people spoke Blue and 72.5% of the 902 people that voted said that I should not tell you. We live in a democracy Blue, what can I say?” She just ignored him while he chuckled and carried on pressing buttons on his phone.

***

“I don’t know whether to laugh or cry to be perfectly honest with you.” Steel said as they walked into the best Diner in Brooklyn. Blue ignored Steel as she brushed passed him and went into the bathroom. She had to break down the door to get it open. It may have the best food in Brooklyn but the place was a shit hole. As she looked into the mirror she almost cringed. They cut in her head had only just stared to close. Normally, being Immortal the cut would have closed almost completely by now, however, the cut seemed to be open. The thing must have had something in its claws.

Yeah, and by the way blonde piece of crap, that thing was definitely there, you insult my intelligence.

Now she thinks of a good come back.

She quickly washed her face with water and the water turned a pinkish colour as it swirled down the plug hole. She felt her trousers vibrate and went into her phone which read:

- Leanne’s trying to make me pay for the door you broke down. Get out here you douche bag.

She rolled her eyes and made her way out of the bathroom, she walked over the door that was now on the floor.

“There she is!” Steel said grinning pointing at her.

You.” Leanne said, she turned her black her flowing behind her. She tattoos going up her neck, if she was correct, it was a beetle. Apparently it signified something.

“What can I do for you Leanne?”

“Stop destroying my restaurant!” At that Steel behind her sniggered. Leanne turned again, her eyes fire. “What are you laughing at?”

“Well, come on Leanne, calling this place a restaurant is a little bit of a push. Anyway, it’s called Flo’s for a reason, you don’t own this establishment.” Leanne, the mundane Leanne nearly erupted. “Why? Why do we always have to let you in? You both ruin everything, and now I bet that door will go out of my wages! Auntie Flo wouldn’t want to hurt her best costumers.” A that, she turned around and stomped away, her feet causing the whole ground to shake.

Blue went into one of the holey booths and mentioned her brother to sit down. She eyes the two builders that where staring at her with their eyes wide. She grinned at them and one of them dropped his larger onto the floor with a smash. Then he went red, and hid his face with a menu.

“Will you stop scaring people please Blue? It’s kind of off putting, even for me.” Blue turned to him, her eyes grave.

“What happened?”She asked, “Tell me you saw the thing.”

“Yeah,” He said seriously, “Yeah, I saw the thing. Its eyes Blue, my god its eyes were horrible, did you see them?”

“I was too busy looking at its red skin. How strong was it Steel? You felt it right, when it pushed you off the pier.”

“It did a little more than push me off the pier, it threw me off the pier. It was like I was some sort of rag doll.”

“Were you hurt?” Steel shook his head.

“As soon as I was in the water, I just swam to the nearest ladder. What about you Blue? You fought the thing. You killed the bloody thing.”

“It was so wired Steel, one second there he was trying to kill me and then he just stood there and let me set him on fire. I think it was because of the angel. He threw a dagger, I thought it had aimed it at me, but it hadn’t. It had aimed it at the angel.”

“Wait, it definitely had the mark of David or Cane right?”

“Yes, right on its forehead. I told the woman that earlier, she told me the thing didn’t exist.”

“The hot blonde one right? Yeah, her name is Jessica Smith or something along those lines. She’s the high inquisitor for New Jersey. We made a pretty powerful enemy today.”

“Screw her.” Blue muttered leaning down on the seat letting her head hit the soft red leather of the booth.

“Er, Blue can I ask you a question?”

“It depends on the question.” She answered keeping her eyes staring at the paint chipped ceiling.

“When I got back on to solid ground, you were kind of holding the angel while it died. For a second I thought you even looked sad… I don’t – I don’t understand.” She blinked and turned towards him, she had never lied to her brother, but she was going to. It seemed like every time she had lied and lead to this moment. “A truth?” Her brother asked.

“Do you trust me?” She said slowly.

“With my life, you’re my fight brother.” He answered.

“Well, don’t worry your pretty blonde head about it Steel.” She got up from her seat. “We better get back to the society. I want to go to bed.”

Steel watched his sister walk out of the diner and looked at Leanne who was busy in the kitchen.

“Yo Leanne!” He shouted. She turned from her stove and her black eyes narrowed.

“What do you want jerk?” He leaned over the counter to her and winked, slipping a napkin to her.

“Call me.” Leanne went bright red and her eyes widened, she giggled slightly.

“Alright.” She brushed her black hair from her face and tucked it safely behind her ear. Steel turned to walk away and opened the door of the diner to reach his sister. He heard a shout through the glass.

“ONLY IF YOU’RE PAYING!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 378 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments




In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian