z

Young Writers Society


12+

Flower Boy [Part 2]

by Evander


A/N: Any and all criticism is welcome! Although, I'm looking for pointers on character consistency. Aaaalso, uh, looking for a new title? I'm thinking about polishing this up for actual publishing

1,800 words

-

Luca crept along the wall, his dandelion-covered hands brushing against the rough brick, the balls of his feet stepping lightly on the grassy floor. His breath held stagnant in his chest as he waited for the perfect moment to surprise her. Closer and closer he crept, nearing her back as she worked on the community garden.

Without warning, Melody snapped the beanie off of her hair, her head twisted to face him, her brown eyes flashed yellow, and the green snakes writhing on her skull hissed at him in unison. He cried out, stumbling backward and catching himself on a statue of an angel, with both he and the marble wobbling from his weight.

“Well,” Melody smiled, her fangs retracting. “The governor’s wallflower is back from the meeting. How’d it go?”

He regained his balance, flashing her a glare and wiping his dandelion palms against his formal black pants. Maddock would have a fit over the yellow streaks 

Her crutches laid beside her, along with flimsy plastic pots full of flowers.

“Wall flower?” Luca said, crouching down next to her to examine the Virgina bluebells. He had to admit that the sanctuary officials knew their flowers, given that bluebells didn’t require that much care. It made the job easier on Melody, he guessed. “Whatcha mean by that, Mels?”

Sticking the spade into the dirt, Melody sighed. “You can’t expect me to believe you haven’t heard that saying before, flower boy.”

She reached for her purple crocheted beanie, placing it over her snakes who hissed and twisted before meeting the cover of darkness yet again.

Luca also sighed, mimicking her tone and head tilt. “Youuu keep on forgetting that I’m eight, Mels. I don’t know a looot of things.”

He picked up her spade and started to widen the hole she was making, setting it down when necessary to pick up the slimy worms and investigate them. The prominent sounds on the site were their breathing, the sound of metal hitting pieces of broken stone, and the distant sounds of other children playing in the background.

The sweeping willow tree protected the two from the scorching late July heat, providing chunks of shade. The branches kept tap-tap-tapping against the windows. If Luca dared to look up, then he’d see the windows to his dormitory.

He didn’t dare to look up.

“I’m sorry,” she finally said, scooting herself closer to him and dirtying her pale purple dress even further. “That was mean of me.”

“Yeaaahhh,” he said. Luca didn’t have to look back at her to see the apologetic expression. She handed him a pot and he stuck the flowers inside of the hole, taking precautions to not damage the leaves or the petals themselves. “Buuut I was gonna sneak up on you, sooo it’s all good.”

The silence hung between the two as they both gathered soil onto the roots, sealing the plant’s fate as a resident of Willow’s Sanctuary. It would join together with one hundred other children, sitting and waiting around.

“So, how’d it actually go?”

“I don’t wanna talk about it.” He felt his own flowers -- bloodroot this time -- crawling up his roots, digging through his skin’s weak barriers, and sprouting forth in almost record time. Luca brought a shaking hand up to a stem, plucking one flower off and wincing at the sharp pain. “I wish you could go, Mels.”

She stole the yellow and white flower from his grasp, taking it and placing it behind his ear. She kept her hand on his face, her thumb rested next to the bridge of his nose. “We’ve talked about this before, bud. The governor and the press want success stories, not… snakes.”

Gruffness didn’t suit his voice. “I’m not a success story.”

“You’re an acceptable story in progress.”

Melody’s calloused thumb smoothed away the tears that began to overflow.

“It’s not fair,” he mumbled, sniffing and swallowing back snot. “I don’t even wanna be adopted anymore—you wanna be adopted! You’re sooo smart! You deserve this more than me!” He gestured to his suit, almost incredulous that he got to wear it.

“Aw, shucks.” She laughed. “I didn’t know you thought so highly of me, Luca! ‘Weirdo’ this, ‘snake girl’ that.” Melody sounded like she was mocking him, with her false falsetto, but she contrasted that with pulling him in for a hug.

He buried his head in the crook of her neck, seeking her warmth like a plant sought sunlight.

“Bud, I’m unadoptable. I’ll be here until I die, probably”—Luca’s sob started and stopped on that same note, listening to her words—“And you’re smart too, bud. Don’t forget that. Even if you don’t want to be adopted, that’s fine.”

“I’ll make sure that you have a mom and dad, Melody.”

“Luca, I’m twelve. I’m too old for that.”

“I promise you. You’re gonna get out of here.”

-

Luca fiddled with the crocus flowers growing along his arm as he watched out of the grimy window, seeing as Melody sat on the metal swing set. It was a free day for the both of them, with no school nor gardening to accomplish. Typically, they’d be off scheming about how to steal extra food from the kitchens, but Melody seemed to want to be on her own that day.

He plucked off a petal from the white crocus, spinning it around in his fingers and then crushing it.

Boredom was often at the forefront of his mind, dulling his senses and leaving him to mess with his flowers. Without Melody, Luca would often hole up in a corner of his dorm and read for a bit, but the library was closed and Maddock had taken all of his books. (“Go see your counselor and you’ll get these back.”)

Suddenly, an abrupt knock came to the door.

“Uhhuh?” Luca said, not looking away from the swing set and barely registering the willow branches which tapped against the window. “Whatcha want, Derrick?”

“Can I come in?” That voice was definitely not Derrick’s. Too low and too adult.

Luca snapped his head to see a dark man peering through the door, looking around and scanning at the four beds.

The man spoke again, stepping into the room with a ginger care. “I hope this is all right — I was sent in by one of the caretakers. I’m Max Courtenay, but you can call me Max.”

Luca stood up, pushing back his rickety wooden chair and suppressing a wince as it screeched across the floor. “Hello, sir. I’m Luca Smith.”

Max smiled with whitened teeth. “Ahah, Luca. It’s so nice to meet you. I assume that your other roommates are away right now?”

Luca furrowed his brow. “Uhhuh. Whatcha want?” He kept his tone terse, edging back to the window just in case he needed to make an escape.

“No, no, no— don’t take this the wrong way. I’m just here to ask about an opportunity. You’re in the third grade, right?”

“Fourth.” Luca pressed his flowerless hands up against the somewhat splintered wall. Fortunately, Max — in his black suit — stayed by the door. His hands were in his pockets. His stance looked unthreatening, but then again…

“Ah, smart lad.” Max took a hand out of his pocket and smoothed back his locks.

“Look, sir. I don’t wanna be adopted. You got the wrong kid. Whatever Maddock said about me? Well—“ Luca pointed to the white, purple, and yellow flowers sprouting from his arm, “you don’t want me.”

Max smiled a bit more, titled his head to the side. “Ah, I see. Good ol’ Maddock hasn’t told you anything about me, has he?” Max reached into the front of his suit and pulled out a small booklet. “Here! Catch!”

Without thinking, Luca reached out and caught it before it hit the ground.

“Fill this out and give it to Maddock, okay? It’s clear that you’re not in the mood to talk to me today — and I don’t blame you, living in here. See you later, kiddo.”

Max then slid out the door, his footsteps fading into nothingness.

So there Luca stood, piecing through a small booklet and waiting for the dinner bell to be rung.

-

“Mooove me up to the fifth grade, please.” Luca didn’t look up at Maddock, instead he just scribbled along on his paper with the no. 2 pencil held in dirty hands. “Third grade was boring, but fourth grade isn’t challenging enough.” The graphite scratched out answers to math problems, a simple task.

Maddock’s shadow loomed behind him. “If you attended counseling, then maybe I’d consider putting in a request to change your course material. But I have to keep order, Luca. I can’t jump you up multiple grades if you choose to be defiant.”

Luca finished the page of multiplication problems, handing the sheet behind him and waiting for Maddock to snatch it up and check over his answers. “If ya stopped wanting to snip my flowers, then I’d actually go see Mr. Günther—but he’s in on your agenda too, so nope.” He popped the ‘p’ sound and started on the page with division problems.

Red clover grew along the back of his neck, causing him to want to wriggle and squirm and dance until they fully sprouted. Instead, he sat as patiently as possible and only looked straight ahead at the beige plaster when he needed a break from "7 into 67 equaled what".

“Luca…” Maddock said, “I don’t have an agenda. All that I want is to see you grow up happy, healthy, and to eventually find a family who loves you.”

“You wanna cut off my flowers again.”

“Aren’t they painful, Luca? If we were to just trim them down to an acceptable amount…”

“Bump me up to the sixth grade and I’ll let you cut my flowers.”

Luca could hear Maddock start to pace, his boots causing the floorboards to creak. Sometimes, Luca passively wondered if the boards in his room were intentionally designed to creak. Other times, he just blamed the fact that the sanctuary was built over one hundred years ago.

“That is a larger request than the first one, kiddo. You’re only eight. To be bumped up to the sixth grade would be quite a leap, don’t you agree?”

Luca grabbed the booklet and tossed it behind him, satisfied at hearing Maddock catch it. “You could’a told me that that man was comin’, Maddock.”

“Oh?”

“I’d like to be better edumacated, buuut I don’t really feel like leavin’ you or Melody. That school looks fun and all, but…” Luca bit back a swallow of regret, passing up the best opportunity of his life. “Bump me up to something challenging and I’ll attend counseling.”

Luca could hear Maddock flipping through the booklet.

“Okay, Luca. That’s fine by me.”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1735 Reviews


Points: 91980
Reviews: 1735

Donate
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:46 pm
View Likes
BluesClues wrote a review...



“Aw, shucks.” She laughed. “I didn’t know you thought so highly of me, Luca! ‘Weirdo’ this, ‘snake girl’ that.” Melody sounded like she was mocking him, with her false falsetto, but she contrasted that with pulling him in for a hug.


I like that Melody and Luca have this very brother-sister friendship, especially since I think that kind of bond between two kids of such different ages comes across as more natural than a friendship where they don't act like siblings.

I can definitely see that Maddock is always trying to do what's best for Luca, even when it might not actually be the best (or at least Luca doesn't see it that way).

Okay, considering Luca is so smart that he's already been bumped up a grade and still doesn't find it challenging enough, I think I can take his sometimes older-sounding dialogue. Also, given the way he challenges Maddock here, I don't think his dialogue in part 3 was terribly out of character: "bug off," like Hatt said, is still maybe a bit much, but I could see "see you never," especially since obviously he won't have a ton of choice in the matter.

Without Melody, Luca would often hole up in a corner of his dorm and read for a bit, but the library was closed and Maddock had taken all of his books. (“Go see your counselor and you’ll get these back.”)


I love the parenthetical (but also I use them and love them in general shhhh).




User avatar
141 Reviews


Points: 34531
Reviews: 141

Donate
Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 am
View Likes
Hattable wrote a review...



Heya, Adri!

Super excited for this. Love this story. Gonna jump right in!

Luca crept along the wall, his dandelion covered hands brushing against the rough brick, the balls of his feet stepping lightly on the grassy floor.

Starting this review off with some nit-picks, but there's only a couple of those. I'd personally hyphenate “dandelion covered”? I do that for anything that describes how a thing is covered, though, and there's some other cases where I'd hyphenate, similarly to this. I'm not sure how grammatically accurate it is, but I thought I'd point it out!

Without warning, she snapped the beanie off of her hair, her head twisted to face him, her brown eyes flashed yellow, and the green snakes writhing on her skull hissed at him in unison.

The start of this sentence had me thinking that Luca had snatched her beanie off and you just mistyped his pronoun, but then “oh, it's Melody”. Maybe you could adjust this a bit? Maybe change the first “she” to “the girl”? I don't know if that would cause a stunted or repetitious feel, but you could try it!

He cried out, stumbling backward and catching himself on a statue of an angel as both he and the marble wobbled.

He and the marble wobbling are a result of him catching it as he stumbled, but the punctuation of this has it read almost as though that's happening... alongside his stumble? If that makes sense? I can't think of an edit that wouldn't read awkwardly, though. “Causing both him and the marble to wobble” is bad, “[comma] then he and the marble wobbled” is also bad.

Hopefully you could whip something up, if you find this to be an agreeable suggestion!

“Well,” Melody smiled, her own fangs retracting.

You mentioned snakes on her head, which implies other fangs, but you didn't explicitly bring attention to them, so I think it'd read smoother without the “own” in “her own fangs”? Just “her fangs retracting”.

“The governor’s wall flower is back from the meeting. How’d it go?”

Also, unless there's a wall flower with a space in it that I'm missing, “wallflower” is usually one word I think?

He regained his balance, flashing her a glare and wiping his dandelion palms against the formal black pants.

I think this should be “his formal black pants”, rather than “the”. “The” sounds like there's just a general pair of formal black pants lying around (perhaps the statue is wearing formal black pants? I wouldn't mind that, I think it'd be a decent design choice, but the statue hasn't been mentioned as wearing formal black pants).

Also, wiping dandelions on formal black pants sounds like it'd cause quite the mess. Dandelions aren't known for being particularly tough, and wiping them on something is gonna result in squished and spread yellow mush. Maybe note that his pants are now soiled by the dandelions? Unless his hand dandelions (handelions, if you will) are stronger than your typical dandelions. Maybe have Melody mention him causing a mess, briefly?

I'm getting sick of saying “dandelions”. Let's move on.

“Wall flower?” Luca said, crouching down next to her to examine the Virgina bluebells. He had to admit that the sanctuary officials knew their flowers, given that bluebells didn’t require that much care. It made the job easier on Melody, he guessed. “Whatcha mean by that, Mels?”

Several things, mostly good, (except I'm gonna reiterate my wallflower-is-one-word note now). I love all the research you've done into flowers for this story? Even if it's not immediately apparent in the prose itself, I know from behind the scenes that you did some digging, and it makes me really happy. It's very good work. I hope that it shows up... more in the story? It may have appeared already and I, not knowing flowers, haven't picked up on much.

Secondly, Mels is a great nickname for Melody. I don't think I've ever considered it as one? It feels natural, though. Nice work on that!

Lastly, here, “He had to admit that the sanctuary officials knew their flowers, given that bluebells didn't require that much care.” Is this saying that Melody is less experienced, and so easily-tended-to flowers would be best for her? So the sanctuary officials letting her grow those means they knew their flowers? Or--

I originally read it as the officials knowing their flowers and having green thumbs and growing them well and Luca somehow knowing they did this well, but then you mention bluebells being simple to grow, and that sort of contradicted this perception I'd built up.

I'm guessing it's in reference to the Melody bit, then, and if that's the case I think this could use some rewording? Just to make that clearer. I may just be really bad at reading, though, so take this with a grain of salt--

Sticking the spade into the dirt, Melody sighed. “You can’t expect me to believe you haven’t heard that saying before, flower boy.”

Good title drop.

Luca also sighed, mimicking her tone and head tilt. “Youuu keep on forgetting that I’m eight, Mels. I don’t know a looot of things.”

Hahahah, this is great, I love this. Luca is so cute. The stretched vowels also work really well here!

The only sounds on the site were their breathing, the sound of metal hitting pieces of broken stone, and the distant sounds of other children playing in the background.

This was a decent list/atmosphere until the distant sounds of other children, at which point it seems like there's enough noise for “The only sounds” to be... out of place? There's quite a few sounds-- a typical amount, even-- and “only” has me expecting just a few. Is there a way you could present all of these things in the atmosphere without saying “The only sounds were”?

The sweeping willow tree protected the two from the scorching late July heat, providing chunks of shade.

This feels kind of backwards. It might read clearer, on paper at least, as “The sweeping willow tree provided chunks of shade, protecting the two from the scorching late July heat”. The chunks of shade at the end feels like a separate idea, disconnected from the protection that's already mentioned, whereas placing it before gives it significance as the thing that's protecting them? If that makes any sense. It still works the way you have it. It just feels a little awkward to me.

The branches swayed back and forth, giving and taking away with its shadows cast against the brick walls.

This is a tad confusing. Giving and taking away... shade, yes? “With its shadows cast”, though. I'm not sure how to articulate why this is weird to me, but-- oh man, I wish I could. This is a horrible beat, haha. It's just itching at me? I can try to clarify on Discord if you'd like. I may need to ramble to get the idea out, and rambling is more appropriate there than in a review, haha.

She handed him the pot and he stuck the flowers inside of the hole, taking precautions to not damage the leaves or the petals themselves.

I think this should be “a pot”. You mentioned pots before, but they were already occupied with flowers. If you had mentioned an empty one, then “the” would work here, but given the situation (no empty pot mentioned), “a” would probably read better.

“Buuut I was gonna sneak up on you, sooo it’s all good.”

Typically, I'd be reprimanding a writer for so many stretched vowels, but it works for Luca? It's been established as the way he talks, but it also isn't overdone. It's just enough to get his meandering little kid voice across and it's kind of endearing? I enjoy it, at least. It's good dialogue, too, so far.


He felt the bloodroot start to crawl up his own roots, digging through his skin’s weak barriers, and sprouting forth in almost record time.

Initially I thought this was a quick-growing root in the earth that had tangled with the plants in his skin and grown into him? Which was terrifying. But I'm pretty sure, now, that it was one of his own plants growing out? “Start to crawl up his own roots” is what threw me off. Maybe word it as him feeling the bloodroot starting to crawl under his skin? Or something like that? Just something that eases us back into his body-flowers, more, since we've been focusing on actual earth flowers for a little bit?

Melody’s callused thumb smoothed away the tears that began to overflow.

My spellcheck doesn't seem too bothered by “callused”, but I've always known it to be spelled with an O, too? (“calloused”) Not sure if these are interchangeable spellings or not, but thought I'd point this out.

“Aw, shucks.” She laughed. “I didn’t know you thought so highly of me, Luca! ‘Weirdo’ this, ‘snake girl’ that.” Melody sounded like she was mocking him, with her false falsetto, but she contrasted that with pulling him in for a hug.

This is a really good paragraph. The dialogue tag plopped in the middle of her words is good, the “false falsetto” bit is great and I love it. It's just really nice writing overall? Like, nothing to pick at. Send this one off to the presses!

(But don't do that. A single paragraph taken from the center of a story does not a publication make.)

Luca snapped his head to see a dark man peering through the door, looking around and scanning at the four beds.

Dream Daddy guy!

“Ahah, Luca. It’s so nice to meet you. I assume that your other roommates are away right now?”
Luca furrowed his brow. “Uhhuh. Whatcha want?”

Hahah. Luca is the best character. “Whatcha want?” All great, I love it.

Well—“ Luca pointed to the white, purple, and yellow flowers sprouting from his arm, “you don’t want me.”

“you don't want me” is a continuation from “Well--”, but having it lowercase feels weird? I'm not an expert on dialogue grammar, though, so I can't really say as to whether this is a reputable note on my part.

“Fill this out and give it to Maddock, okay? It’s clear that you’re not in the mood to talk to me today — and I don’t blame you, living in here.”
Max then slid out the door, his footsteps fading into nothingness.

This is a very sudden departure-- his dialogue leaves a bit to be desired and it feels like he was in the middle of talking, really. I feel like a further note from him would be more appropriate before he wandered off? Maybe he could briefly wish Luca well after “I don't blame you, living in here”? Anything to close the interaction more naturally, and more politely. J
ust a clearer farewell, because “It's clear that you're not in the mood to talk to me today” shows that he may leave Luca alone (which he does), but it's not a concrete goodbye?

The graphite scratched out answers to math problems, a simple task.

This gave me an image of him just crossing out the questions/answers as though that's how he thought math worked, and it was kind of funny. It sounded like something out of Night Vale. I know this isn't what you meant at all, and it's not even really how it comes across, I just read it weirdly. This isn't a note calling for any edits to be made here! Everything is good-- just a goof I thought I'd share, haha

“If ya stopped wanting to snip my flowers, then I’d actually go see Mr. Günther—but he’s in on your agenda too, so nope.” He popped the ‘p’ sound and started on the page with division problems.

Sassy Luca!

Instead, he sat as patiently as possible and only looked straight ahead at the beige plaster when he needed a break from 7 into 67 equaled.

I think “7 into 67 equaled” should be in quotation marks. Single works. Just to differentiate it from the prose? I think that would make it look neater and convey a bit clearer.

“I’d like to be better edumacated, buuut I don’t really feel like leavin’ you or Melody.

Edumacated, haha. Seriously, Adri, Luca is has some great dialogue. His personality is great and fun and I keep saying it but I love this character so much.

And done!

Good ending to this portion. Excited to see where it goes. Definitely need some closure on who Max is, where he's from, what Maddock decides to do about Luca, and if Luca eventually decides to go to counseling. Also adoption-type stuff, of course, but I feel like the story could reach a close without that if some of the other things were sewn up.

This was a great part to the story and it stood really well on its own, too. Melody is a nice character (though purple on purple? Yikes). The flow of words was fantastic and the pacing of scenes was done really nicely. You're a fantastic writer and it really shows in this story. Your word-smithing is just some Grade-A stuff, pal.

Character consistency! Luca and Maddock's dynamic felt a bit shifted from the first part, but the first part was relatively brief so there wasn't a lot of time to latch on to their relationship very much. There is consistency in Maddock wanting what's best for Luca and Luca not liking it (flower snipping, counseling). Luca himself feels pretty consistent in his personality. Maddock feels sterner here, but he's also dealing with a bit of a rebellious kid, so--

Luca's personality shone through a lot more in this part than the last part, but again, last one didn't have a ton of Luca dialogue? So it's hard to compare. He still feels like the same boy. We're just seeing more from him now that half the word count isn't dedicated to the exposition that sets up the story-- Uhh. Good characters. Consistent. They're still blossoming, we're still learning about them, but they feel much the same.

Melody is also a good character and I'll let you know if she remains consistent in the next part, should she reappear there!


I hope this review was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below or shoot them my way on Discord!

Keep up the great work, bud!

- Hatt




Evander says...


Heyo, Hatt! Thank you so much for the review!

I'm making little edits to the stuff that you've pointed out.

I think this should be %u201Chis formal black pants%u201D, rather than %u201Cthe%u201D. %u201CThe%u201D sounds like there's just a general pair of formal black pants lying around (perhaps the statue is wearing formal black pants? I wouldn't mind that, I think it'd be a decent design choice, but the statue hasn't been mentioned as wearing formal black pants).

I actually debated between using "his" and "the" for this paragraph! I wanted to emphasize that these pants weren't actually his, but that he was wearing them. Uhh, I'll definitely change it to "his" formal. pants, though.

Oh! Yeah, so I'll probably note this later, but Melody is the primary caretaker of the garden. Well, primary child caretaker. I'll expand on that in the next part, though! So the officials do know their flowers, but they also don't want to give too much work to a twelve-year-old.

He felt his own flowers -- bloodroot this time -- crawling up his roots, digging through his skin%u2019s weak barriers, and sprouting forth in almost record time.

Is this a good edit?

Thank you so much for this review! I'm really hyped to write the third part now, haha.



Hattable says...


Ohh, gotcha. Yeah, I think "his" still works better for the pants, whether they're actually his or not.

And yeah, good edit!

Excited for part thrreee--



User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 1202
Reviews: 8

Donate
Sun May 27, 2018 6:40 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese wrote a review...



Hey there! Tis me, trying a review.
Okay so first off, as far as I can tell, there were no spelling errors or typos or anything of the sort except for this one bit:

She handed him pot and he stuck the flowers

Missing an "a" there. Or maybe a "the".

I'll admit, I haven't read part one. So the parts that were confusing to me was why this boy has flowers growing out of him. Cuz...that ain't normal...right? Also the girl with the snakes, but I'm gonna guess most of it is covered in the first part.

In any case, the way you've written this works pretty well. I don't mean to say that showing is ultimately better than telling, but you've done it well here. You managed to keep my interest till the end.

By the way, this confused me a little:
Instead, he sat as patiently as possible and only looked straight ahead at the plaster beige when he needed a break from 7 into 67 equaled what with the remainder.


I like how Luca bargains with Maddock. It's a bit hard to believe he's only eight years old. Is it a side effect of growing flowers? If it is, I wanna grow flowers. I think. Actually no wait that sounds painful as heck never mind.

I wonder what's going to happen to Melody. Is she actually going to stay there forever, or will someone adopt her? And Luca too; did he get adopted or did he deny them and stay behind 'cause Melody was there?

Questions, questions. But it ends nicely, so there's no real need for another part to this. In my opinion, anyway.
Unless of course, you want to make another one, which is always cool.

Aand I can't think of anything else I can say.
I wish thee luck in any and all of your forthcoming writing adventures!




Evander says...


Thank you for the review! I edited the things you pointed out and hopefully they'll read more smoothly.

While it does end nicely, there are some plot threads I need to tie up (Melody, Luca & Maddock, who Max is), so I'll probably have part 3 up by the end of next week!




"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood."
— George Orwell, 1984