Betrayal

by EstelPax

Betrayed

Overwhelmed

disbelief

One who was brother betrayed me and now I'm no longer free.

Betrayed

Overwhelmed

disbelief

I told you of my past and you accepted it at last.

Betrayed

Overwhelmed

disbelief

No longer do I feel those.

Betrayed

Overwhelmed

[/i]confident

grateful

Is what i feel now. My brother accepted my past and my Friends took it for what they are a leader,and woman of great wisdom.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:00 am
Firestalker says...

Oh did you i'll check it out

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 pm
EstelPax says...

I did it's called Betrayl remixed.
Alanna

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:59 pm
Firestalker says...

I hope i'm not hurting your feelings but

Improve!!!!!

Improve!!!!!

Improve!!!!!

I dont understand a word.

Thank you for reading this crit

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:21 pm
Pyxis wrote a review...

Umm...

Not the best. Too repetitive, but that is easily fixed.

Also, since it said 'brothers' I thought Eragon/Murtagh, but at the end it seemed that it was Eragon/Roran. If it's the latter, you could change the word 'brother' to 'cousin.

I agree with ST, though. Good idea, just needs some tweaking.

EstelPax says...

Thank You ,you saved my poem.

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:23 pm
Twit wrote a review...

Hey, don't be too harsh you guys. Its very discouraging, reading blighting reviews.
Maybe, Alanna if you rewrote the the poem in a different, more clearer way, but still retaining the actual idea of it. Is is Murtagh or Eragon or who speaking? Make that clearer, and break it up into actual stanzas. The actual idea of it was good. Maybe if you rewrite this, you could devote each stanza to a certain character; like the first one could be Eragon's thoughts about Murtagh's betrayal, the second one could be Nasuada's thoughts, the third Arya's or Saphira's, and then finish up with the last stanza being Murtagh's thoughts, and the turmoil he feels inside about what has happened. Just a rough idea, but try again, and don't get down!

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:06 am
Griffinkeeper wrote a review...

I thought the repetition of

Betrayed
Overwhelmed
disbelief
was very annoying. It is being used as a frame, but it doesn't work.

A poem can stand on its own if it is concise and precise about its subject. The subject here is very vague, (read personal) and because of this the poem is only good for those "in the know" which none of us are.

So, my advice is to get rid of the repetition, since it is nothing more than a crutch for a poem that is having trouble standing on it's own.

Then,

Wait a minute, this is in Fan Fiction!

What's it doing here? Is this a tribute to an author or a fan piece about an existing world?

Or is this in the wrong section?

If this is an introduction for a story, consider this: people don't read poems at the beginning of a story unless they are clear, concise, and precise. This sort of poem is something I would skip, in hopes of coming across something of real substance.

So, this work leaves the reader confused. What was she thinking, what does this mean, and what is she saying?

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:58 am
Incandescence wrote a review...

Welcome, Alanna -

By the standards of even inexperienced readers, this is junk. Sorry, but it's simply not "improvable" through editing. Both the concept and presentation are boorish.

It really is a waste of everyone's time for you to post additional material at this level. Take up reading poetry--maybe you could then produce something which at least satisfies the minimal coordinates of what a "poem" is.

Best,
Brad

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.