My first

by EsmerayaRose

He is why I smile 

He is why I haven't given up

He is the reason for everything

He is the reason why I'm such a mess

He was my best friend

He was my first

He was my everything

I just wish he could understand

I now  cry in my room alone

I just wish he could

come back to me

But it is done 

His mother now has bags under her eyes

His father left after  his death

I once had someone to love me, care for me

but now he is gone 

Not gone,  taken

I loved 

and I loved 

and I lost him

I just hope he knew he meant a lot to me

InJung15 wrote a review...

Wow, first of all I give all my prayers to your well-being and I do hope that you are doing well. Your poem really shows a sense of voice which makes it so much stronger and more impactful amongst audiences, especially with emotive words and phrases such as "he is gone". It was really brave of you to share your experiences, huge respect.

Furthermore, by using certain repetition such as "he" and "I" really emphasizes the idea about how much he meant to you, towards the audience. This way, they are able to position themselves with the author's context or point of view which engages them to keep reading.

Fabulous job! Well done! Amazing!

akanbright says...

Such a catastrophe and a purging of ones emotion as a result of abandonment. Its a nice one and o give you a kudos🤚for it. At certain times, we in oneway or the other, we seem to lose those whom we love to the cold hands of death and other unfathomable uncertainties.
I think the poem was a bit of contradictory though with a little air of suspense, especially at the beginning of the poem.
At first, I thought the speaker was referring to God but as the line protruded, I Realized she meant her now dead Iover. However, one thing I should point out to you is that
"He is why I smile
He is why I haven't given up
He is the reason for everything
He is the reason why I'm in this mess" contradicted itself especially the fourth lines. It doesn't just fit the first three lines but anyways its a nice one.

EsmerayaRose says...

akanbright wrote a review...

"He is why I smile
He is why I haven't given up
He is the reason for everything

creaturefeature wrote a review...

'Ello there!

So this feels like the aftermath of a bad break up, and if it is based off of a real moment, don't hesitate to message me if you want. I might point out some things that could bother you if this is early on afterwards, so please just don't read them until you're ready to.

Moving on to the review ~

He is why I smile on Mondays

I actually like Mondays, so :O (but really, kind of a weaker line to start out with because it forms no strong base to the poem. It's personalized to whoever this is about, but it's not formed completely with that idea in mind.)

He is why I haven't given up

He is why I break down

These contradict each other a bit, which could be what you were going for. I personally think if someone makes you break down, they are not a good person to stay around, even if they help you out of some really rough situations.

He is how I fell in love

Technically, a person isn't how you fell in love. A slow descent, a hate-to-love, etc. are all ways people can fall in love, so maybe involve the friendship and mix those ideas together, or just trash that line.

I just hope he knew he was my everything

I love words or generally similar phrases that repeat each other, but at some places, they start to sound like filler lines. If you've already mentioned an idea, it's going to be difficult to make it sounds okay again; especially when they are near each other.

He is now neglected

Maybe you could add some formatting changes? Or even a line break into a new stanza? It could make this last line really powerful.

Good job!

lum

EsmerayaRose says...

Thanks, for the review

Coffeeboyjay says...

first i would say about this poem is you did your best on this love poem i love it. second i would say is i don't like how you said he is why break down i just don't like that half. third i would say is i love this love poem so much through.

but i love your poem so much i would support it for you its cute.

good job brokenheartsari

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein