Deleted (2)

by Eros

After 2 days...

It was around 6 am. Zask was lying on his bed, half awake. He stretched his long mascular arms, yawning and shaking his dizziness off, he rose up. After he finished his morning activities, he sat on his study table and opened his journal. He picked up the pen and wrote:

THE BASIC INTRODUCTION

1. Gene is a basic fundamental unit of information. It's present on the DNA.
  2. DNA is the genetic material of organism. It has the information of skin color, eye (iris) color, hair color, intelligence, creativity, concept grasping, height, and other features of the organism. Here it is all about humans, because the experiment is on Homo sapiens. 
  3. Between two genes, a region of non functional DNA exists, called junk/spacer DNA.

4.The--

He was disturbed by the ringing of his door bell. 

"Now, who's there?" he mumbled.

As soon as he opened the door, his eyes directly met with Feroze's eyes. His striking blue eyes contrasted her deep emerald ones. They complemented each other like the sky complements the lush green fields on a hot summer day.

Zask went blank. It was so sudden for him to immediately lock eyes on unlocking the door. Feroze's fair cheeks turned into a dark red blush, as if rose petals were staining them that way.

Zask held her hands and softly pulled her into the house.

"I thought you forgot about me, Zask." She said as she turned her back towards Zask. Her sweet, high pitched but soft voice made Zask feel a strange movement in his heart. His hands irresistibly reached his chest that seemed to have rippling six packs beneath the black T- shirt, to feel his heart beats.

Oh! Will you stop hitting my chest walls so loudly? It's my heart, not a drum set!!...thought Zask.

He moved and stood right in front of her. He removed the stray hair out of her eyes and locking his eyes with hers, he spoke ,"Feroze, I called you 'dear'... Don't Ever Ask if I Remember you...because I always do remember you. "

Feroze was speechless firstly because of his words and secondly because of the locked eyes.

Being aware of time's nature to pass away so quickly, they didn't stay in the same position for long. 

"I'm bringing soft drink from the fridge..." Zask left.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" Zask heard Feroze's scream. He left the drinks there on the table and rushed towards the bedroom, from where the scream seemed to come. 

"FEROZE!!!", he screamed on the way, " Feroze... What happened? Why did you scream so horribly!! You scared me! It felt as if something was biting you! "

"What is this, Zask? See your bedroom! There's no place for me to sit here."

"So what was there to scream? Come let's sit in the drawing room." He took her to the drawing room but--

Feroze gave a fierce look to him.

"A-a-hh! Please don't scream again... I was-- I mean -- I-I--"

The room was very untidy with the scrumbled pages scattered all over the floor and some thin and few thick books lying on the coach.

Feroze ordered him, "Bring the drink."

"Baby, do you drink vodka?? I'm---shocked!"

"Ohh!! I am talking about the soft drink. Will you ever get serious?" Feroze became angry. But her anger sustained for a very short time.

"Okay, okay, dear! Chill!" Zask went to bring back the drinks.

"Here they are baby--- Ehh?? Did you clean it up?" Zask was surprised.

"Any doubt?"

"Feroze, you care for me...so much?"

"Yes, Zask."

They sat on the couch and started chatting with each other. When they conversed with each other, his deep voice varied greatly with her sweet voice. It gave a feeling of a deep color blending with sweet water in a soft drink.

"How's your new experiment going?" Feroze asked him.

"Yes, I am making notes first. The actual procedure is yet to be started. I would get with the actual procedure, perhaps, in the next week. Feroze, you know what?"

"What?" She asked him back.

He nodded and said, "Behind every successful man, there's a woman. Similarly, I am lucky to have you as a girl behind my success. You are my inspiration and motivation."

"How am I your inspiration? Our fields are totally different."

"Yes, but I saw your devotion and the ever-ready nature to work hard. Your sweet voice energizes me and..."

"And?"

"And I just--"

"Hmm?"

He sighed. "I'm speechless."

She giggled a little. 

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!!!"exclaimed Feroze.

Zask jerked back saying, "What happened?"

"I'm getting late! I need to complete my programming work. Tomorrow is the date of submission!" She got up to leave.

Zask held her hand, "Is it really urgent to go?"

"Yes, sweetheart." She grudged on the thought of leaving Zask and the conversation.

Zask held her close towards her, wrapped his hands around her shoulders and walked with her up to the door, and reluctantly he let her go. 

Feroze was Zask's inspiration. We all have an inspirator around us. We only need to search.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:50 am
Casanova wrote a review...

Heya, Eros. Casanova here to do another review for you.

Anyway, first things first- your character- Zask. I wouldn't really call him the emotional type, more of the type to go with the flow and do what people likes and such. That's not really a bad trait in many situations, but here he tries to be more than that- and he fails dramatically, honestly. Then again, you do state what he prefers, just for the reader- not for Feroze to know. So I would suggest throwing it out there and letting him appear more dapper and emotional than anything. I mean she probably wouldn't believe him considering she literally though he had forgotten about her(I would like you to go into more detail about that- was he busy that entire time? Did he simply just disappear for awhile? Was there something to happen? I would like a little insight on what's going on here rather than just letting it lie there.)

In any case, another thing. Your dialogue here isn't as good as it could be- I would suggest straying away from letting your punctuation describe your emotions. Describe the tone of their voices, describe their movements and body language, and things like that to show how they actually feel rather than just the words themselves. That way people know for certain what exactly it is the character is feeling- because words can betray what a person really feels- it can also put up a front to say something you don't really feel, and so on and so forth, if that makes any sense in the slightest.

Anyway, I think that's all I have to say on this one and I hope it helped.

Keep on doing what you're doing.

Sincerely, Casanova

Aleta wrote a review...

Hello Eros! Despite that informative review down below, I decided I wanted to review this piece as well.

: Impression :
Alright, so the romance in here seems a bit of the casual one. Girl and boy locks eyes. Tucks back her hair/moves her hair out of her face. Sweetheart. Dear. I feel like its lacking something, but I cannot put my finger on what. I found the last sentence to be a bit cheesy. 'We all have an inspiration around us. We only need to search.' It seems like you had a passing thought of something and decided to stick it onto the end.

For Feroze, is she meant to be a bit of a sassy character, or are you trying to make the reader dislike her? In the story, when you mention this character screaming just because his room is messy seems very childish. Why would an adult/young adult scream over something so stupid? I thought it was funny that her voice excites him though. Most of the problems are stemmed from the punctuation/grammar but some of the story as well. I could care less if both of them just decided to drop dead now. Naturally, the guy has a six pack. I just can't seem to get over that. It reminds me of those vampire love stories. Shiver.

: Corrections :
What do you mean by 'it felt as if something was biting you'? He can't actually feel what is happening to her. He can think that something was attacking her or that someone intruded. Also, what would be around to bite her? Does he have a dog or something? Otherwise, this sentence makes no sense. Also, the multiple exclamation points are a bit too much. In a real book they would only allow so many at once.

"I'm getting late!
I think you meant to write here 'it's getting late' instead of 'I'm getting late'. Just wanted to point this out.

"So what was there to scream? Come let's sit in the drawing room."
Either add a comma here or separate up the sentences and make 'come' its own sentence.

"What?" She asked him back.
There isn't something actually wrong with this, but the 'she asked him back' makes me cringe a bit. It sounds like an elementary choice of words. If I were you I would take off him back completely, but this is just a suggestion.

I didn't know scrumbled was a word. I am pretty sure it is not. Did you mean scrambled? Also, you seem to drag on the sentence. It needs to get straight to the point. If you wanted to accentuate on how the room looks, add a semicolon after the room was very untidy. Make sure to fix the spelling on couch. Here is an example:

The room was very untidy; textbook pages were scattered all over the floor and thick books were lying all over the couch.

He stretched his long mascular arms,
*muscular

:: Character Development ::
Let's talk about Feroze. As I mentioned earlier, she seems a bit b*tchy if I had to sum her up. She orders him to get her a drink, and she screams when the room is messy and complains. It kind of makes me hate her but you are doing good on this if this is what you were aiming for. If you are not aiming for this, I think if she were sarcastic or joked around I would like her more. Maybe if she were more kind or had more of a quirky personality. She just seems a bit flat in character, you know?
As far as Zask goes, he is just the guy with the six pack that is desperately in love with the girl. That's all I can feel towards him honestly. I can't really get a feel on what his personality is. He seems a bit nervous in front of her, which you did a good part on showing.

I hope my review helps you. If you have any questions don't be shy to reply. :)

Omni wrote a review...

Hey there Eros! Let's get right in

It was 8 am. Zask was reading some books and wrote the following in his experimental journal:

So how far is this ahead in time from the first chapter? The next morning? A week from the first chapter?

As soon as he opened the door, his eyes directly met with Feroze's emerald eyes. His blue eyes gazing deeply at Feroze's emerald green eyes...and when their eyes observed closely, gave a perfect blend of the two colors. It looked like blue sky was uniting with the green fields on earth.

You repeated Feroze's emerald eyes twice. The description of their two colors meeting is a little confusing. Maybe changing it to something like this:

His striking blue eyes contrasted her deep emerald ones, as if they complemented each other like the sky complements the lush green fields on a hot summer day.

It serves the same purpose, but spells out the comparison more clearly.

"Come inside, dear!"said Zask.

Feroze went into the house.

Another repetition of information. A simple "Feroze obliged" would have worked wonders here.

I'd like to stop here to repeat what I said in my review on your last chapter. Once again, this is very robotic and too formal for me to extract and personality from the characters. Even worse, much of the information here is repeated. Repetition of words or sentences should only be used when making a point, or putting an emphasis to cement a certain term in the reader's mind. When not doing so, you just make the reader digest the same information twice, and leave no interpretation for the reader. When writing, both the author and the reader understands that there's certain things that the author shouldn't need to put into the story because it's assumed that the reader will pick it up and move on without it needing to be mentioned in the story.

Sometimes, this isn't done well enough, on one of two parts. The first part is when the author doesn't provide enough information and the reader will get confused. You'll get this from reviewers when they ask questions like "who is this character" or "what's happening here". The second, and what's going on in this chapter, is when the author provides too much information and leaves little room for the reader to interpret the story. There's a happy balance between these two, and it differs between every reader and writer. Right now, I can say that you're providing and repeating too much information for me to stay invested in this story.

General Thoughts

Right now I'm not sure what the direction is of this story. We've met three characters so far, and Feroze has the most personality --although it is very inconsistent. She goes from being romantic to literally screaming about a dirty room, and she cleaned it up very fast. I noticed that in your reply to a review on the last chapter, you said that the dialogue was formal because they were colleagues first and friends second. Well, that's not the case here, but the dialogue is just as formal, with only "dear" added on to force romanticism.

I highly suggest to find a personality for your characters and convey those through your dialogue. Your characters seem just as robotic as the robot servant from the first chapter :/
Until then, please keep writing and I hope this helped! <3

Eros says...

Hey, Omnom! I tried to add some actions which could be helpful for the reader to imagine my characters. Please will you take a glance and give me more suggestions, upon which I can improve?

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451