Warms my heart

by Eric511

This is not the final draft. There is a bunch of things i need to fix and add description. Feel free to point out what I should fix, but the main question I have is if I should continue the story because I have a whole other part I could add that could be really good.

More than a Friend

My heart is a strange thing sometimes. One day I will see a friend and the next as someone so beautiful that I want to be with them.

It all started when I was going to school one day. Just a normal day. My mom was getting mad at the traffic as we drove and one of my friends sitting in the back. We gave her a ride, because her mom had to go to work early. Well after a few more yells at crazy drivers, we made it to the safety of school and out of the roller coaster of my mom’s car. Yeah she was kind of an aggressive driver. Me and my friend walked off into separate directions, both heading towards our lockers.

The morning was always so cold. Hardly anyone was there and the dimness of the school just gave you that uneasy feeling. Oh and of course none of the building’s were open for us to escape the bitter cold.

Arms folded, I made it to the safety of my locker. Pulling off my backpack, I got on one knee to open my bottom locker. Man even my locker was like ice, cold and frozen. It was so cold, it made my hands numb.

As I was digging through my locker, I wondered why I was always here so early. I could be in my warm house not having to wait out here freezing to death.

As I was closing my locker, a voice called behind me. I turned around to see Jada. She was one of my friends from school. I met her last year in P.E. class.

“Hey Jada,” I greeted back hiding my discomfort of the weather. “What are you doing here so early?”

“Oh I had morning practice today,” she said as she opened her locker which was across from mine.

“Man you guys must’ve been freezing in this weather,” I replied.

“I can’t feel my legs,” she said jokingly. As she was finishing up at her locker, I looked back at the building I usually go to, which is the Spanish building. I go there in the morning to get away from coldness. Of course it was stilled locked.

“Mind if I follow you? I got no where to go.” I asked jokingly

“Sure why not,” she replied with a small giggle. We began our walk through the school. We just talked the whole time. It was like we had know each other forever. We talked as if we could tell each other anything. Our first stop was her geometry teacher. She had to drop off her sports bag. Her teacher kept it in her classroom so Jada didn’t have to haul it around school all day.

Of course the evil math building was open but not the one I hang out in. We continued the walk to her leadership class which started before school started. When we got there, I said “See ya later,” and she went off to class. As I was heading back to see if the Spanish building was unlocked, I felt was strange. I no longer felt cold. I don’t know how I felt. It was as if I was in a perfect state. I was no longer so hating. I was joyful. I then realized, that the walk I had with Jada was really nice. It was a lot of fun. I don’t know. All we did was talk yet it was great. My cold feeling of resentment had turned into a warm happiness. I walked back to the Spanish building with a smile on my face. I now had a reason to get to school early.

the other part I wanted to add, is about him going through class and finally getting to his class with her. It goes on over about a month or so and they hang out more and stuff. Well at the end he is about to ask her out, but it doesn't say what happens. Should I add that or no.

thnks for reading

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: So this was a really cute little short that you've come up with here. I definitely want to see more of these two and I really hope that somewhere on YWS I will discover more parts of this little romance story. This was a pretty solid start to such a story and I definitely enjoyed reading it as a big fan of such cheesy little stories.

That sentence kind of didn't make a ton of sense to me but okay.

Okay this feels like maybe a slight overload of information there with describing the mom and then the surroundings and then...its just a lot of information packed into one place and that's just a little bit too much maybe so you might want to be a touch more careful about that.

So the locker is outside the building? Why have you just said that all the buildings are closed? If its is outside we need a bit more description here or its just a little confusing as to the location of these things.

Well that was definitely an awkward dumb line that you would expect a teen to be saying.

Wait so now the buildings are open...this is just getting a little confusing with consistency right now and I doth be somewhat confused by which buildings are open and which ones are not.

Well that was certainly an interesting thought process there to end on. Slightly cheesy but then that is what I like so 'tis good.

Overall: Overall it was a pretty fun story to read and it definitely brought a smile to my face. Like I said earlier I really hope you did actually post more about this because that premise you put at the end was also really nice and I would definitely want to read more. And I really did not find any issues with this besides the inconsistent building thing.

Eric511 says...

hey people dont read this one, i made some adjustments and stuff read this one

post331686.html#331686

ashleylee wrote a review...

Hey, I'm your first review! :)

Okay, now for the nit-picks.

First, I thought you had a generally good start here. I mean, it had all the elements of a good story. Boy likes Girl. Boy asks Girl out. Ect.

But I think you need to really make this story unique. It was kind of the same old thing. What about your story stands out among all the rest? You have to find that extra edge that makes it one-of-a-kind.

On a different note, I advise to space out your paragraphs with a space in-between each one. It gets kind of hard to read when they are smashed together like that. (and I know I bet you get irritated when you hear this. Hey, I understand! Everybody told me that when I posted stuff on here. Now I learned my lesson!)

Overall, I found this entertaining. My advise would to put the rest of it on here and see what everybody says! :)

Oh, and to answer your question at the very end. I think that creating a gloomy feel at the beginning and then he is happy when Jada shows up is a good idea. I mean, you need that drastic change to occur so it shows he likes her.

Well, that's all the advise I have at the moment! Hopefully it helps.

Eric511 says...

Also i haven't quite finished this, but in this i want to create a cold, bitter and naggy sort of feeling at the beginning, but at the end to be warm and happy. how do u guys think that will work.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire (and live by love though the stars walk backward)
— E.E. Cummings