z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

You Are An Image

by EmilyRMaiorano


I've expended it all. 

Every nauseating yearn of attachment, 

Every selfless stare and every gracious offer-- I have expended. 

Now, you are only an image: 

An image stored in a fragile wooden box, aging each day. 

Gradually, your sight is receding. 

Your grin dulling into sepia every moment. 

Your voice silencing every year. 

You're an image and I was the marveling photographer with a scant album. 

Now, You've developed into an image with no purposeful memory. 

You're only an object, nothing profound. 

You are an image reminding me of the anguish

The pang I experience whenever I recall our laughter and hope.

 You are an image.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
117 Reviews


Points: 6987
Reviews: 117

Donate
Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:28 am
JosephGeorge wrote a review...



Hey EmilyRMaiorano,

First Impressions: Nice little piece with some intriguing thoughts. Perhaps a bit cliche and overused, but still not bad.

Positives:

Your grin dulling into sepia every moment.


Thought that this was good. Also somewhat cliche, but then, it's classic, so it works well, especially when you're working with someone like a photo that is slowly turning old.

Negatives:
Your grin dulling into sepia every moment.

Your voice silencing every year.

You're an image and I was the marveling photographer with a scant album.

You are an image now with no purposeful memory.

You're only an object, nothing profound.

You are an image reminding me of the anguish I experience whenever I recall our laughter and hope.

You are an image.


The poem starts out pretty good, and flows into the center section where it levels out a bit, but it ends on a sort of redundant note. Obviously part of that will come from the fact that you use the same wording for each line, which may be something that you wanted to do. If not, then it would be good to switch it up a little, that way the reader doesn't stop paying attention because it seems as if they've already read the same thing before.

Overall: It's okay, needs a little tuning here and there.

I give it:
ImageImageImage


Joseph Henry George




User avatar


Points: 481
Reviews: 4

Donate
Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:53 am
kappahime says...



This was a wonderful piece! It could use some editing, some of your word choices could have been changed to make the poem flow. There was also few grammar mistakes. Other than that, I loved the mood of this poem and the ending definitely left an impact on me. This was a strong piece, wonderful job!




User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 308
Reviews: 52

Donate
Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:54 pm
Sillia wrote a review...



Sillia here!

So first off; I normally don't do poetry reviews so pardon me if I step on any toes. :)

I really liked this poem. I really liked the detail and the emotion that you put into this piece. There was a lot of things that I can connect to based off..ah..my own experiences. You're description is...amazing. I know I kinda already said that lol. Honestly my favorite line is:

Your grin dulling into sepia every moment.
Its amazing and says a lot.

Anyway thats kind of all I have to say :P

Thanks for the read!

Keep writing!

Sillia



Random avatar


Thank you so much! I appreciate your feedback! (:



Sillia says...


Your welcome!




I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights