Do Not

by ElrRay

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:00 pm
Starhunter wrote a review...

Hey!
Very interesting, and haunting. It sounds almost like a prophecy, or something.
I also really liked your rhyming pattern; it was simple, but it propelled the piece along very nicely.

The only thing I found confusing was the first line, which stumped me for a while. The wording was just a little awkward, I think. It's a little syntax-y, and it might just be me... I think it's because "returning" is an action your perform yourself, it's not done to you. You know what I mean?
I returned from school, Imhotep returned from the dead, etc.
I think that's where it gets confusing, since someone can't really return someone else from the dead- you would say that they raised or brought him back from the dead. However, it might just be me, and in any case, this is just a suggestion.

Overall, though, I really liked (especially the ending.) Very nice. Keep up the good work! :)

ElrRay says...

Hi :) thanx for the review. Frankly speaking, the very first version was "Do not bring me back from the dead" :) I changed it later because of the rhyme. :)
Thanx again :)

ElrRay says...

Oh, but still I can use "raise"!!! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANX!!!!! :))))))))))))))))

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen