12+

The Mysteries of my Mind

by Ellies15

Why is it that I want to die,

but am scared of death?

That I want to cry,

but no tears are left?

I want to scream,

and I want to shout,

but when I open my mouth,

nothing comes out.

My thoughts force me into silence,

taping my mouth shut,

so instead I choose violence,

because words hurt more than a cut.

Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:38 am
Rose wrote a review...

’Tis the Season!

Amidst the twinkling lights of my festive rose garden, I spy with my little eye...

Something truly intriguing; a poem titled “The Mysteries of my Mind”".

Alright, no more delays! Let’s put these review skillz into action, shall we?

I. Getting Festive First🎊
First things first, let’s kick off by showering a burst of confetti on those standout parts;
I must say that you've written a beautifully captivating piece that though short, still manages to create a thought-provoking sense. Every line of your poem hints at a deeper meaning, for instance this line "That I want to cry, but no tears are left?", if I really think about I'd say that our narrator is almost feeling emotionally numb. The meaning of your poem goes really deep and touches some emotional themes, such as the internal struggle, which you portrayed perfectly, and also the depression.

II. The Merry Entrance to Upgrade🪄
I honestly don't have many suggestions for you, your poem is just something else. It's short and with straight forward lines, but still telling a story so delicate and yet so powerful.
You could consider using more metaphorical lines for vivid imagery or create more stanzas for a better conclusion, as the poem shifts from depression to violent expressions, but just other than that, I believe that it is simply intriguing and well written.

But of course, do keep in mind, these are only suggestions with the intention of boosting the impact and depth of your poem. And the decision of considering them is entirely up to you.

III. Seek Inspiration Beyond
Feel free to check out A Constellation of Tears by @AilahEvelynMae and some other poems by @creaturefeature for some extra inspiration and ideas to spice up your own storytelling!

IV. Merry Conclusion☃️
Everything in all and all in everything, I truly enjoyed reading your poem. It's just really beautiful how you managed to write a poem so sorrowful and yet so intriguing. Keep on writing and good luck with your future writing projects!

Happy Holidays!🎄

That's it, that's all.
Hoping the review has been of value to you!

With Rose-tinted regards!

Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:41 am
Ley wrote a review...

Hello! :] I saw this sitting in the green room and I thought I'd give it a little TLC!

Firstly, I just wanted to say that your way of writing is truly artistic. It was short and sweet-- but wasn't underwhelming, and I love that!

When reading this piece, I felt... To me, this piece was honestly relatable. Sometimes it's easier to throw around a pillow, but when it comes to self-harm-- there are other ways you can effectively deal with stress. Although I don't believe in harming yourself to feel no pain, this also did bring great emphasis to the poem.

My favorite line/quote is... This is my favorite line for two reasons:

1. It grabbed my attention straight away, and for the beginning of a poem this is a super strong start.
    2. A question to begin a poem is powerful, and sets the theme for the piece. I knew right away what this was going to be about, just from the first two lines.

Why is it that I want to die,

but am scared of death?

Some things I would change would be... Nothing, honestly. I found no grammar mistakes, it flowed perfectly, and it exploded with emotion and feeling. It was relatable and symmetric. I wouldn't change anything about this!

Overall... I'm a super big fan of this poem and I can't wait to read more of your work! Keep it up!

With love,
Leya

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian