I Am A Rickroller.

by EllieMae

Hello. My name is Ellie. And I am a Rickroller.

-

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.

-

It all started when I was a child. I was a stranger to love. I was alone in this world. Honestly, I was terrified of what was ahead of me. I learned at a young age that being a Rickroller was a full commitment and Rick Astley was the only guy was the only guy who was gonna tell me how he was truly feeling. He was the only one who made me understand.

-

Never gonna run around and desert you.

-

After my first Rick Roll, I felt like a flame had been lit inside of me. All I could do was send people links to Never Gonna Give You Up on YouTube. I watched this video grow to billions of views over time. I become a daily Rickroller. I had been at it for so long and my heart was aching, but I was too shy and too ashamed to admit this to anyone.

-

Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye.

-

Rick was the only one who knew what was going on inside. He was the only one who listened. I have heard his voice every day for the last five years. I started to doubt myself. Maybe I needed help. I always blocked the thoughts out.

-

Every night, I repeated the same words over and over again, until I fell asleep: I am never gonna give you up, Ricky. I will never let you down, I promise.

-

One night, I was working on an essay. Out of nowhere, I got rickrolled and ended up deleting the entire essay by mistake. This is when I realized I needed serious help.

-

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

-

But you did lie, Rick. You lied to me every time I thought I was about to watch a video of my friend playing the piano. You lied to me every time I thought I was clicking on a recipe for gluten-free crepes and a new crochet pattern. And you lied to me every time I thought I was clicking on a WFP link.

-

You gave me up.

You let me down.

You made me run around.

You deserted me.

You made me cry.

You lied.

You hurt me.

And now, it is time for me to say goodbye.

-

Again. My name is Ellie and I am a Rickroller. But I am ready to let go. I am ready to heal.

-

But are you?

Stickied -- Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:50 am
EllieMae says...

This is all a joke XD Please enjoy. This uses lots of lyrics from the song, but y'all already know that. The only part of this that is true is that I actually did delete my essay from being Rickrolled last year, but it was hilarious and worked out in the end.

Also, you were basically Rickrolled if you read this. So... yeah.

*mic drop*

Tambo says...

*crys*
Due to the fact that I was Rick rolled

Tambo says...

This text was amazing! I learned a lot about the art of rickrolling. I think that this amazing piece should be featured. I hope to see more work like this in the future.
Have a great day/night.
*crys*
Due to the fact that I was Rick rolled

Tambo says...

Have a great day/night.

Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:45 pm
MMV wrote a review...

Lol. Could be a trope, like a stock character.

Youtube is a hell of a drug...

Inspiration and creativity is definitely guiding this one.

You are not alone in mastering the art of the internet trap. I would set up a video for coworker on remote job I used to work with but people didn't want to get baited.

I can't remember that last time I actually got rickrolled...

Hello there, human! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

Shalt we commence with the review?

Top Graham Cracker - You tell us the story of how you became a Rickroller and how in the end, you will heal from the path of Rickrolling innocent, unsuspecting people.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - I think that there should be a warning beforehand that the readers are going to be Rickrolled because I was not prepared for this/j.

Chocolate Bar - My favorite part was about the essay because it really shows how much you were betrayed by your hero, Rick Astley, whilst you believed in him and trusted wholly in him. I’m sorry that he gave you up.

Closing Graham Cracker - A truly emotional work of art about what it is like to be a Rickroller, to have that trust broken, and to realize that the path of Rick Astley is nothing but a path of telling lies and deserting people. And now, I must be off to Rickroll someone else.

I wish you a beautiful day/night!

Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:35 pm
Rose says...

What a piece of writing! Awesome xD Love it!!

Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:47 pm
Ley says...

I love this so much

Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:28 am
avianwings47 says...

Listen... I've only been around for two weeks or so, but in that time, I have been rick rolled more than once. (And more than I would like to admit.) But I must admit that it was pretty funny.

Rose says...

What praise is more valuable than the praise of an intelligent servant?
— Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice