Off Limits -Part One- Atams POV

by Ellie(:

Note: I read someones reply to my last post. Of Ellie's POV and I have a Preface for both Atam & Ellie describing their looks. And personality. So, since editing the last post from Ellie's POV is practically impossible for me to figure out, I'm posting both Preface's on here. And Yes, for those wondering this all is a rough draft. Oh! And, I do mean ATam. With A "t". Not ADam. And the reason Ellie's Preface is longer because it's actually true. And Atam's isn't because I don't know much about what he thinks. Or his very, very personal life. -Atam and I are true characters. Except the sex part.-

And others have been wondering what AGE these kids are. We are both 15 in the story.(; Thanks

Everyone!(:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

--Atam--

-Preface-

Holy shit.., are my only thoughts when I look into the mirror on the last day of school.

My what are usually curly brown locks are all bunched up into what looks like a white man Afro. And my baby blue\green eyes have a whole bunch of crusty stuff in the corners. I like the way my hair is usually. Sometimes a few locks fall almost in front of my eyes, and I have locks of curly hair... Ellie likes curly hair. I found that out the day I tried to straighten it. I laughed at the memory.

I'm such a piece of work in the mornings... I think to myself I shake my head knowing that it's pretty bad. I try taking a shower and that helps. My curly brown hair now looks normal and not like something that would come out of a cat's mouth. I grab a brush and start working at my hair. It still has a few knots in it, but at least the brush didn't break.

--Ellie--

-Preface-

Even though everyone always told me I had my dads thick brown short hair, and full lips, and my mom’s deep brown eyes and slim build; I have always had a confidence problem. Like no one could ever like me. Even though my family thought otherwise, I did’t believe them. They’re family, what else are they going to say?

“Ellie, you’re an ugly whore!”

No, of course not! Or at least I could hope not. It just didn’t seem possible to me. Even though everyone else had flaws, and I knew no one was perfect, it seemed that everyone else had a relationship but me. Like I was the one who was left behind… like always. I was moving to slow and couldn't’t keep up with anyone.

It’s been hard for me. The struggle of having to live up to my brother. My perfect brother. Perfect hair… perfect body… and never a single blemish. Lucky son of a bitch… The one who has always gotten all of the attention. Just because he has the talent that he shows all the time. And everyone can see and hear. He can play the guitar. And I’m incredibly happy for him. Happy that he has a good life. Friends he can trust and hang out with. But what have I had? I can write. Big whoop; no one ever cares about that. All they care about is him. What he has to offer. But I have a lot to offer too. No one asks, just because of him. They see him and are blown away. But what about me? What about Ellie… I guess you’re nothing if you’re not something that someone can see. I work behind the scenes. And I think I like it that way.

I have a 19 year old sister; half sister actually. We have the same dad. Complete different mothers. She moved away… a few hours away. And I’m afraid I’m going to lose all contact with her. She had been my support group. Someone that I also knew had a hard life. I knew I didn’t have a hard life as what she had, but… I don’t know. I could talk to her about stuff that I could no one else. And she knew that. We both did; and it was our thing. She was also happy for Lee. And her thing was cosmetology. And she was… good at it for the most part. I was going to miss her… a lot.

And of course were going to miss my niece, Jessie. She was so… lively. Always had a smile. And when she didn’t it was rare. She would always comfort you if you were crying. And she’s not even three years old. Just the comfort of her small words would be there. And that’s enough. I could trust her with any secret and she wouldn’t tell a soul. I loved both of them to death.

And sure, I had some good friends. Atam and Monique… basically the only two people I could fully trust. Who were always going to be there for me when I needed it. A pat on the back, or just some encouragement I knew they would be there. I guess friends were always the ones to go to.

If no one else was there, or if no one else cared…

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I walk out of my last class... totally relived that my favorite season is here. Summer.

I spot Ellie down the hall and yell, "Hey!"

She spins around and responds, "Hey to you too."

"Happy summer break." I hand her a wild flower.

"Aw thanks Atam." She sticks it behind her ear.

"Brings out your eyes." And I slide a lock of hair behind her hair. Just an excuse to gently graze her face.

"Want to walk home with me?"

"Sure."

"Great."

I start walking away and notice she’s not with me.

"You coming?" I holler.

"Coming!"

I walk in front of her and hold an imaginary microphone to her mouth.

“So Ms. Chavez, what are your summer plans?”

“Sleep.”

“Aw that’s no fun.” I say stopping walking. She bumps into me and her cheek brushes mine. My heart races and I feel my face get red. But my hands are somewhat wrapped around her waist. Like I caught her. I looked into her deep brown eyes quickly and removed my hands. She starts walking and I tag along.

“Sleeping’s no fun.” I say. And she shrugs.

“I guess no hanging out with, Atam,” I say. Her head pops up.

“You crazy!? I was kidding.” She says quickly. I laugh and think to myself maybe there is a chance with us…

I notice her looking at me. I’m in front again. Then she laughs.

“What’s so funny?”

“Just thinking about something I can’t have.”

“As in?”

“Nothing, just a stupid fantasy.”

“Oh...” I look down remembering all the wild dreams and crazy thoughts that I’ve had with her…

After we get to my house before we say bye I ask her,

“Can I go over tomorrow?”

“Sure.” She smiles… I can’t get enough of that smile.

“Great, around noon?”

“Sounds perfect.”

She hugs me as she always does and walks off.

Wist is Ley's mind, confirmed
— WeepingWisteria