Writing Challenge 3/6: Untitled

by Elizabeth

It's short, it's not good. Blah. Too much homework, this is my crappy relaxation time. Enjoy.

I should have known it was Daffy Duck all along.

By the little twitch in that scoundrel's eye, the way his feathers shivered each and every time he answered a question, the way he ate a jelly doughnut, I knew it was him all along.

"Daffy, where's the body?" I slammed my fist against the cold table, sending a chill up my spine. My eyes were hooked on that duck.

"I s-hhh-wear! I didn't do it!"

"WHERE IS THE BODY DAFFY? I know you know I know you know I know you know I know you know where the body is."

His bill dropped and hit the floor, going through it and then the next floor.

"Stop with your comical nonsense and tell me where the body is. You have five seconds to tell me where the body of Bugs Bunny is," I crossed my arms and circled around him.

His eyes quivered. He licked his lips a few times, applied some beak-chap stick and continued to shake. His nervousness soon had him bounding off the walls, screaming," OOO WOOO OOO WOOO OOO WEEEE OOO!!!"

After a while though, he got quiet, really quiet. Uncomfortably quiet. The quiet you get after the still of the night when you're busy roasting marshmallows on an open fire and your buddy Josh let's out a big one and you can't help but pause because it sounded like a rouge bulldozer. That's that silence.

"You don't know nothing."

"You're going to be roasted unless you tell me where Bugs Bunny's body is. Nobody will care about you, just that lovable, big eared, comical, cross-dressing, ever so hard to catch, clever, rabbit. Need I continue?" My eyebrows raised in a sense of satisfaction.

Daffy's eyes began to boil. Steam poured out of his ears.

"You're dis-sch-picable! ... It was always about Bugschs Bunny, wasn't it? The way he cheered up folks. How they love him... how they LOVED him," Daffy Duck let out a cackle. It was the most "MUWA-HA-HA"ing cackle I had ever heard... from a duck.

I knew he had done it. I knew Daffy Duck had murdered Bugs Bunny. He wasn't letting the entire truth flow, after solving the case of who REALLY framed Roger Rabbit, I deserved more than this? Anybody else could see that this duck obviously was the culprit.

I picked up my walkie talkie and called for backup. The Loony Toon's Patrol arrived.

Daffy was under arrest for the murder of Bugs Bunny.

And the eating of my jelly doughnut.

I should have known it was Daffy Duck all along...

Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:49 am

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: So this was quite a funny story. At first glance it seems like its meant to be a little bit of an actually serious case of this possible murder but then it just descends into a whole lot of joking around and there's a very prevalent undercurrent of humor in there which is a nice little touch.

Okay not the most exciting opening in the history of books but it'll do.

Okay this appears to be some kind of interrogation. I think it would help matters if there was some description here to tell us where this man is and where this duck is so that the setting of this is a little clearer.

Okay that's a lot of caps lock there. YOU might want to town that down a bit and say that he shouted that over and over again.

This paragraph cracked me up far too much. *falls of chair*

Well I can definitely see this one was made with an undercurrent of humor being prevelant.

And the eating of my jelly doughnut.

Well that's a lovely little ending that you have on there. Also "jelly doughnut". *collapses onto the floor again*.

Overall: So this was quite a bit of fun to read. Definitely puts a smile on your face which is the first time I've said that about a story involving a murder. The flow is great, the language used is just perfect for what this story is trying to do and its just a really fun little story to read. Great job there!

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:59 am
Myth says...

Hmm.. Poor Daffy he never gets any attention. A little short but I liked it.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:56 am
deleted6 says...

lol that great like it how it like Who Framed Roger Rabbit lol. Daffy could do that he is always abused, so be warned folks this could happen perish the thought.

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird