z

Young Writers Society



Let's Kill Love!

by Eimear


You think anyone ever would?
I bet if we keep this up,
If you insist on falling in love
I’ll kill it and all it’s friends,
the pain of amour and it’s dead ends,
I’ll kill love for good!

Don’t bat your eyes,
I see past love’s disguise.
I can prove to the world and it’s stars,
that I’m immune to all of this impostor’s powers.
That I can live without the deepest pain
and come out dancing the other side again.

Although, I must for once admit something
Without its company, my world might fall in.
The sky above may turn black,
the birds may fly away and never come back.
Maybe without love to keep you near,
you’d leave forever,
and leave me here.
But that’s just negative thinking,
In my plan for freedom I have no fear!


Does that make it any clearer?
I wish love would just disappear!
Tell me that you understand,
I’m sick of being dealt this rose tinted hand.
Can’t you see that if we kill love
we’ll be free to roam the world above.
Above the desperate and dated charade
of the troublesome course of true love.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
816 Reviews


Points: 8413
Reviews: 816

Donate
Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:32 pm
Leja wrote a review...



First off, I really really like the way you started this, with the vague question as the first line ^_^ From the first stanza on, I wanted to read this more as if it were a very angry heavy metal song, but that got more and more difficult towards the end. Try for more forceful word choices. this happened in the first stanza with phrases like "pain of amour" and "dead ends" and even the "falling" of falling in love. However, in the second stanza, there seems like more of a playful tone, with "love's disguise" and the mention of stars. Make these words and phrases work for you: love's disguise shouldn't be a good thing, but it's difficult to read it that way in context.

Also, take a look at the rhyme scheme because it becomes more and more forced as it progresses. In the first stanza, I didn't even notice it was rhyming. I was thinking more about the rhythm (which is awesome, by the way ^_^). I like the rhyme scheme of the first stanza, which is ABCDDA, so it doesn't hit you over the head with rhymes; this might be why the rest of the poem (in the form AABBCCDDEEFF etc.) sounds more forced. Consistency can immediately streamline almost anything.

This is an interesting topic to write about; just remember to stay focused!




User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 60

Donate
Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:39 pm
Sportgurl46 wrote a review...



i see a trend in a lot of your work. a lot of it is about love. but that is besides the point. onto the critique:

1) a lot of this didn't even make sense. like "i'll kill it and all it's friends" huh?*_*

2) i noticed that at some points you are rhyming and others you aren't. when you do rhyme it is at random points and it is very messy with the rhyming.

3) all together i think that this poem just needs to be cleaned up. i like the idea you have going, but just fix it up. right now it just sounds like the ramblings of someone who hates love. make it sound like a poem.

hope this helps :) if you have any questions please pm me :)

happy writing :)

-sport





I say, in matters of the heart, treat yo' self.
— Donna, Parks & Rec