z

Young Writers Society



Oh for the love of spring!

by ERZA


You have stolen my heart,
Please don't peek into it.
I don't really require one but,
It contains my story like in a diary.

If you love me,
I will love you too
Like the spring that loves everybody.
I cannot promise you any thing,
However, when spring is here,
You will find me near.

You can keep my heart but
Don't give me yours for I may
Forget about it and drop it somewhere.
I may not be able to take proper care of it.

I can only do what I am allowed.
It is time to leave, do take care.
When I am back, we shall watch the clouds together.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 751
Reviews: 35

Donate
Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:57 pm
View Likes
phantomwriterjoe wrote a review...



I LOOOOOVE this poem lol. It's cute and flowery like spring; I can see why you titled it the way you did. I do believe, however, that anything is one word, not two.

So the first stanza is easy enough to understand and the speaker does a fantastic job of describing how she's feeling. She's saying that she doesn't need her heart to love anyone else, but she doesn't want anyone to look inside of her heart because of how plainly everything is written there; everything that she just wants kept to herself.

The second stanza she describes how a guy can love her, and that's all well and good for she'll love him too, just like how she loves everybody (like how spring loves everybody, and everybody loves spring, and vice versa), but she can't promise that she'll stick around, besides when she is around during spring time.

Third stanza, the speaker shows that she has little selfishness when it comes to love. She doesn't mind giving her heart away, perhaps she's used to men taking her heart, but she doesn't want anyone else's heart in return. She doesn't want the responsibility of having someone in love with her.

Last Stanza she says that she can only do what she is allowed to do. This shows that this girl is not only selfless, but has accepted that she has very little control over her own life. She goes merely where she is told to go by fate, or rather, where she is destined to go. She wishes the best for this boy who loves her, and she promises that when she comes back, they'll watch the clouds together. But this is all she can give.

Amazing! I like your rhymes. Goooodjooob :D

-The Phantom.






btw: this girl also shows that she has the characteristics and personality if you will of spring time. That's why I believe the title is what it is ^_^



User avatar
75 Reviews


Points: 605
Reviews: 75

Donate
Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:24 pm
Tommybear says...



I am a little confused at who is speaking. At first, I thought it was 'Spring' itself and then you referred spring when it was talking so I don't follow. However, it was very well done along the lines of the whispey and free aspects and longing for companionship and comfort from another. :) keep going!




User avatar
98 Reviews


Points: 273
Reviews: 98

Donate
Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Rainn wrote a review...



I love the story in this!
It was kindof hard to read through, I would suggest you try and focus on a bit more rhyming. I like that this poem sends a strong message, but you should think about your words too. If you get/look up a Thesaurus, it helps a lot if your stuck or just need an Idea.

Good Job, and Keep Practicing!

~Rainn




User avatar


Points: 793
Reviews: 2

Donate
Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:47 am
AliciaTheAsian wrote a review...



Hello there!

I liked this poem but it was hard to read for me. I understood but not everything flowed into one thing, in my opinion.

I also suggest you work on your diction. You have talent of writing but I think this piece could be so much better if you changed what you said a bit.

The second stanza was by far my favorite. It's a very strong point in your poem and I do not think I would change anything of that or the last stanza for that matter.

It was done well!
xoxo




User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 358
Reviews: 67

Donate
Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:54 am
cm57105 wrote a review...



Wow, there's is only one word for that!

Well done, the poem is light, airy, and moving, I was riverted to the spot while I read this and it flowed perfectly into a truly excellent piece.
Only few writers are capable of creating a brilliant flow that carries the reader and I thoroughly enjoyed this.

I do suggest that you continue writing poems and litery pieces to exdend your talent!

Well done!




User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 358
Reviews: 67

Donate
Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:54 am
cm57105 says...



Wow, there's is only one word for that!

Well done, the poem is light, airy, and moving, I was riverted to the spot while I read this and it flowed perfectly into a truly excellent piece.
Only few writers are capable of creating a brilliant flow that carries the reader and I thoroughly enjoyed this.

I do suggest that you continue writing poems and litery pieces to exdend your talent!

Well done!





I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies