R.A. Salvatore

by Drizzt

Anybody read R.A. Salvatore's stuff? It's awsome. (That's where I got my name, Drizzt, my favorite main character). I just recently finished the latest one, THE TWO SWORDS. I love it.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:59 am
you_really_suck wrote a review...

i'm reading the crystal shard rite now and drizzit kicks ass. salvatore makes you feel like you know everything about the characters then proves you wrong. i love him. it's also nice to know that i'm not the only one who worships the ground he walks on lol joking. i met him once he is very good at holding a convo. i spent half an hour listening to him talk to a guy about his books and stuff. i just stood there. yeah thats about it.

Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:02 am
Harkness says...

I think The Highway Man is my favorite so far. I've read some of the Drizzt books, and some others who's titles I forgot XD

Duskglimmer says...

Hunter wrote:yup. Cool guy.

*jaw drops* you lucky frog!!!

Ego says...

yup. Cool guy.

you met salvatore :?: :? :? in PERSON :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:48 am
Ego says...

When I met Salvatore, he said he has more ideas for Drizzt stories than he has teeth (that's a lot).

I assume there will be other books. I have heard no official information though...

Fav Chara: Entreri. Period.

sounds cool, ill have to check it out,lieraly(from the library)ha ha(not funny). reading the summary made me confused,but your discription helped abit hunter. hunter who is you favorite character? why? do you know if there is going to be another series after the hunters blades?

Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:14 pm
Ego says...

The Highwayman itself takes place in RA Salvatore's other realm, where his demon Cycle (I think) books take place. It's a pretty cool story, though he kills off too many people too quickly, so it kinda messes with your head as to who's who. Also, the fighte scenes aren't really up to par with his usual stuff.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:52 pm

i own all but the lone drow, and two swords, but i have read lone drow. i hate obould :evil: , i mean he is pure evil :!: :!: . the harpels are soooo crazy, but they are still cool. pikel is also one of my favorite characters, it made me really mad when his arm got chopped off in lone drow. :x i've been thinking about highwayman it looked only ok to me. if you can give a better little summary that will hook me and make me want to read it ok, becaus i didnt get the one that
R.A. salvatore wrote in the book, it confuzed me.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:51 am
Ego wrote a review...

Amateurs--

Own em all, read em all, and you're missing one:

The Highwayman has a short story at the end of it. It's not a forgotten realms book, but he loves writing about the chara so much that he put it at the very end of the book. It's called "The Dowry."

Fav Character:

Artemis Entreri/ Jarlaxle--these two would stomp Drizzt and his lil pals any day of the week!! I also love Deudermonte, Robillard, and especially any of the Harpells! Oh yeah, never forget Obould as well!

Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:42 am
Duskglimmer wrote a review...

I love these books!!!

I've read:
Dark elf trilogy: Homeland, Exile, and Sojurn
Icewind dale trilogy: Crystal Shard, Streams of Silver, and The Halfling's Gem
Legacy of the drow quartet: The Legacy, Passage to Dawn, Seige of Darkness, and Starless Night
Paths of darkness quartet: The Silent Blade, Spine of the World, Servant of the Shard, and Sea of Swords

My favorite character is either Drizzt, Montolio or Zaknafien. I really wish that he showed up in more than just the Dark Elf Trilogy, and I got really excited in Starless Night (I think it was Starless Night...) when it looked like he would be coming back.

Nai says...

:shock:

So far this is what i've read

-Homeland
-Exile
-Sojourn
-The Thousand Orcs
-The Lone Drow
-The Two Swords

Right now i'm reading the Crystal Shard

let me tell you all of the books i have read that either had drizzit in it or were related to drizzit in an important way:
1. Dark elf trilogy: 1. homeland, 2. Exile, 3. Sojurn
2. Icewind dale trilogy: 1. crystal shard, 2. streams of silver, 3.the halflings gem
3. Legacy of the drow quartet: 1. the legacy, 2. passage to dawn, 3. seige of darkness, 4.starless night
4. Paths of darkness quartet: 1. the silent blade, 2.spine of the world, 3. servant of the shard, 4. sea of swords
5. Hunters blades trilogy: 1. the thousand orcs, 2. lone drow
i have yet to read the two swords and i am nearly begging my parents to let me buy lone drow adn two swords (had to get them from the library :cry: ). i am pretty sure that the order i listed them in is right, because that is the order i read them and they all made sense in that order. drizzit is also my favorite character, when ever he gets deep into batle the same thought came to mind" he is so freaking awsome :!: :!: all of those books i listed together way about 15 lbs (rough estimate) :D :D tell me if you have read all of those books :wink:

Nai wrote a review...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been done with The Two Swords for a while now...

Have you read the remakes of "The Legend of Drizzt"?

So far there's

-Homeland
-Exile
-Sojourn
-(And this one just came out in March) The Crystal Shard

It's soooo awesome to find other Salvatore fans here. So far there's you, Hunter, and me.

And to answer your questions...

Favorite Character: Drizzt (does this really need reasoning to why anyone would like him? lol), Montolio (he was the ranger that taught Drizzt the ways of the ranger in "Sojourn"... when you read about him you'll see why I like him), or Bruenor (just the way he is... he's got unbreakable courage and fortitude, but at the same time he's full of enthusiasam and humor; and he leads his people the way people should be led)

Sequel? : Well I haven't heard anything on it yet, but at the end of The Two Swords, you know it's not the end.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna wrote a review...

drizzit, i love those books! i just cant get enough of them, im on the two swords right now, actually im looking for a copy of it :) . i think R.A. salvatore has a great style of writing. who is your favorite charachter, and why? do you know if he is working on another series with drizzit and his compainons in it? :?: :?: :D

Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:23 pm
ZZAP wrote a review...

You know my thoughts on Forgotten Realms... Might be the book on place for the next nice warm fire :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-Z

The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
— Samuel Johnson