z

Young Writers Society


18+ Mature Content

I'm a faggot

by Farhan


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for mature content.

I always thought that somehow I will stay alive to see this day come through. Profound lies, unsaid words made it all worse than I could have ever imagined. 

It was nine in the morning when the news came to me; they asked me to come immediately to the green lake. I sensed something wrong; it took me an hour to reach there. I was actually in my college spending one of those usual unhealthy kinds of day that I am usually disposed to.

Ramghad is a small town in Karnataka, heavy lies down here. And Green Lake is something that brings back my memories to the old days, it was my place to be in, to be there when no one was there, my troubles, my pain, my amplifications, it knows everything, every bit about me. I am certainly very much connected to this place. But this time I had this strange feeling, and euphoria.

It is just a small lake, rectangular in shape fenced with barbed wires. It used to be vacant every time, but that day it was covered, loaded with people. Few cops, and few photographers and a few news channel anchors. There was something about the lake that day, it seemed so dreadful.

Three bodies were floating over the lake. It was an old man, an old woman, a teen girl.

I recognised those faces from far, I needed no one to come and ask me. A senior cop came near me and made an apologetic face. I looked in to his face,’ My dad, my mom & my sister.’

‘I am sorry, we are into investigation, and we will soon find the culprit.’ He said as if he meant it.

But I knew that they were never going to find one. I saw my family lifeless, they were just bodies. I promised to myself that I will cry, if not today, sure for tomorrow.

If only they had, if only they had thought me as there one, this would have never happened.

That taunts, that grinned laugh, my childhood….was intense and dark.

They should not have done that to me, I did not deserve it…

 Few years ago:

I still remember that day, I always was shy. I had no attraction, I lacked it maybe. I knew it although that I was not normal. I saw my fellow friends tease girls, fancy them, but I never had that sense. I don’t know why, I had no attraction to the opposite sex. I just felt blank, it was just blank, no emotion. It was as if I was facing an emotional testimony every single day.

I felt ashamed or as if I was made to feel that way. I don’t know why this happened to me, but there was urging towards the same sex. An unending passion, so I was legitimately different. I forgot to tell you my name, it is Dev. I liked Rahul; maybe he was same as me. I fancied him. It was clear that I liked men.

But that day it was just uncontrollable. He signalled me to come to empty chemistry lab. We just started to make out and I did not know from where my father arrived out of the whole world and caught us red handed.

He thrashed Rahul, and he was fuming with anger. He grabbed me by my collar and took me home. On arriving at home, he threw me badly; something had gotten in to him that day. There was a demon inside him. He flushed my face in the toilet, I couldn’t breathe, my mom and my little sister were just watching. They didn’t protest. As if they wanted the same. My face slinked. He thrashed me with cane and left me near the corner.

‘HOW DID YOU GET THIS,’ He shouted and thrashed me few more times.

‘I…I don’t know.’ I stammered.

‘YOU WILL SPOIL THE NAME OF OUR FAMILY, YOU SON OF A BITCH.’ He shouted again and went inside the kitchen.

He brought a burning ardour cane, it looked red. He unzipped my pants and hit me straight at my genitals. It pained, it pained desperately, and I was dying somewhere.

“THIS WILL BE A GOOD LESSON FOR YOU.’ He said and left me withering in pain.

Next day Rahul was gone, I never saw him again. My classmates were looking at me strangely. I ignored them and I had to learn to ignore them. It was going to be my life from then on, a period of ignorance.

Years passed and I was the same, but people around me were not….



Just few days back...

I am eighteen and I have my dreams, I want to join for cop training I said to my father.

And I will never forget his reply.’ Once a faggot, always a faggot,’ he said. It made me burn inside; he was definitely going to pay for this. They all were going too.

I remember my sister telling me, ‘Don’t touch my shit bro, it hates faggots.’

I cried, I cried, why people were mean to me, because I was not them, I was not straight, why my own father, mother, sister and friends, they were fucking mean to me. I deserved none of this.

It was my birthday, they did not wish and least I expected anything from them. I heard them talk behind me about me not being what they wanted and that were proud of my sister.

“He is a nasty little girl,’ my father said.

I decided to end it that day itself. Night is the best time, there was silence. My father seemed to be going out somewhere. I had his revolver in my hand. He hides it under a secret drawer. I entered his room, ‘What the hell are you doing here?’ he asked.

‘I am sorry.’ I said clutching the gun from behind.

‘SORRY FOR WHAT, FAGGOT.’ He mocked me.

I put the gun forward, he seemed shocked.” I am Sorry for being a faggot and sorry for sending you to grave.’ I shot him and blank, no more shit from him.

“What did you?” shouted mom from behind and bang she was gone too.

My sister watched in horror,’ Sorry, I don’t like shit.’ I said and shot her too.

I was intelligent to cover the gun with glouse and no one knew that I was in home. I was in my college hostel.

I disposed them in the lake, it was the only option. It was not tuff, having a car around helps.

And now I am in here, I have no guilt, but a pain, endless pain. I am satisfied.

It’s been a week since all of them are in hell; I wish they are there…

There is a knock at my door, I see cops, and I don’t frown because I know these fools will never find the murderer.

“We want you to be safe,” he says. “We think that there is a psychopath in the town. He is the one who must have murdered you parents and sister?”

“Be careful.” He pats my back.

“Don’t worry cop, I will take care of myself.” I say and grin to myself.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 290
Reviews: 10

Donate
Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:14 pm
View Likes
Actawesome wrote a review...



Heeeey Farhan it's Actawesome with a tiny review for your work.

DICTION: Before we get to the story I'd like to talk a little about the sentence structure. Sentences, barring a couple exceptions, should follow a couple quick rules. First, they should be able to convey their point completely. There are several sentences, especially in the first couple sections where you start sentences with 'it' and 'and' which should generally be avoided because you want to say what 'it' is. The subject should be defined. Another thing I'd like to say is that sentences should contain only one subject.

"Ramghad is a small town in Karnataka, heavy lies down here."

You can easily split this up. Ramghad is a small town in Karnataka. Heavy lies down here and..." instead of beginning the next sentence with 'and' try and splice them together.

REACTION: Wow, what subject matter! It's a short story so I think getting into the story quick was good, the hook with the bodies and all, but at the same time I did feel it was a little abrupt. Not sure how to fix that. I genuinely felt bad your MC while he was getting bullied. The twist at the end made sense though, cruel as it all was. The very last line of the story was excellent, a perfect way to end.

OVERALL: It could use some refinement in terms of wording and pacing, but I think you have something with the storyline. You definitely have talent. It's very first-drafty, but I think you can improve on that with time. The story did make me feel a tad uncomfortable but that's something I was aware of jumping in. I wish your character did feel atleast a little guilty. :P Much luck in editing and future works friend!




User avatar
382 Reviews


Points: 15691
Reviews: 382

Donate
Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:00 pm
View Likes
Dreamy wrote a review...



Hello there! Dreamy here for a short review.

Alright, on with the story.

I liked your story line, though it was bit cliched. But I think you killed those cliches glitches with the end. The end was quite different. Like, who would have really thought that your MC would kill the entire family? Which appeared a bit too much to me, because I couldn't really empathise or even sympathise your character's hardships. Of course, I was able to frame out how cruel and narrow minded the MC's father was, through this line.

‘HOW DID YOU GET THIS,’


But I don't think that these capitalised letters alone would justify your MC's actions. People always chose their weapon to attack any sort of situation and this father has chosen words as his weapon. Why not give us more scenes on how humiliating the father really is? With his words.

Let's take the above mentioned line for example. Those words belong to a furious man who just discovered an unfathomable truth about his son's sexuality. And this doesn't help in understanding your MC's pain. To be honest, I sympathise the father. And you don't want your readers to feel that, do you? So, give us more. Forget the outrageous outburst of a man who's acting on the moment. Of course, we all get triggered by a moment. But considering your MC, he seems like a person who doesn't give up so soon. As of for having such a strong character, you are supposed to give us more incidents, for example: How the father comments when your MC sits to eat. Or the father showing partiality towards him? There's no point in giving two big reasons and still not expressing the right thoughts out. Or you could simply say how the relationship between the father and the son got sour after knowing the matter. Or how their already sour relationship got deadly sour knowing this. The same thing applies with the sister and the mother. There is lot of room for improvisation.

And also, your MC wants to be an police officer but at the end your MC, himself says that they are "fools?" To me it appears as if he just complimented his father's comments, "Once a faggot, always a faggot."

The story was very fast paced, as if you just wanted to get this off your selves. I'd suggest you to think through this one more time, and improvise it.

Hope this helps.

Keep writing!

Cheers~




Farhan says...


Thanks so much!

I had written a very cruel twist which I edited out. That could have justified his actions. The problem was, it could might have been too much (sometimes we don't want to face reality, isn't it?)

The scene was Dev gets raped when everyone realizes he is gay. The rapist gets support of everyone including his father. Now this is something I felt I shouldn't post on a site meant for young writers. So I edited it out.

Thanks for reviewing my work. (I liked your ghosts)






User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 14

Donate
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:21 am
Farhan says...



Waiting for some comments





"She doesn't even go here!"
— Damian Leigh