A Letter to Life

by DrFeelGood

Dear Life,

Your game is over. I have found you. I finally have. You sick demented freak! You are going to pay for all your crimes.

All those years of pretending to be Mr. Pleasure, Mr. Successful, Mr. Accomplished are over. I’m gonna snatch away everything from you. There’s only going to be Mr. Memories now. Your Two-Faced friend, Dr. Fate has already testified against you. Your wife, Mrs. Feelings and your children, Love and Joy shall never see you again. And boy, I’m glad about it!

You never really cared for them, did you? Your affair with Miss Ego, your scandalous practices with your partner Mr. Pride and your mistress Mrs. Greed are a testimony to this colossal disaster, Life! You had it all. Health, Money, Time working for you. You shunned them. You hurt Mrs. Feelings. You ignored Love and Joy. Didn’t your hands tremble when you killed Health and Money with your bare hands, huh Life? And what happened to Mr. Smoke anyways? He’s working with us now to end you.

Remember Life, there’s no Miss Tomorrow waiting for you now. Good riddance, sleazy schmuck! By the way, I’m here on Dr. Time’s orders. Surprised? Never mess with Time, Life. Didn’t they teach you at school? He once worked for you, man! Killing his friends was not a good idea. It doesn't matter anymore. Anyways, enough of my nonsense. Miss Death is waiting for you. I have orders to follow. Off goes your heartbeat now!

Until next Time!

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Last Day

LakeOfCancer says...

This was hilarious in a way, partly because of of the wonderful names that you call Joy and Happiness, those kinds of people. I especially love your name, as you are writing to Life. Mr. Last Day is quite creative. I hope you write more of these amazing letters to randoms like these! It's super fun!:)

StuckOnEarth wrote a review...

Hiya! Space here for a review!

This was really interesting! I love the taunting, angry personality Mr. Last Day had, as if he had a personal anger burning for Life, like maybe he wanted revenge for what Life had done to everyone. I can tell that Mr. Last Day has no remorse for the death of Life, and I almost find it as if Death is shunning Life before Life's "last day". Not to mention how "Mr. Time" sent him, which I really liked.
I also find the description of how Life killed all these things like personification for what Life can really do to you, and this meaning mixed with this (rather dark) humor, it's a very enjoyable read.

(Then again, who knows, I might be seeing it totally differently! This is just what I get out of it.)

Great job! I loved it!

-Space the Snickerdoodle

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:48 am
DeerInBacPac wrote a review...

Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started. :smt020 :smt015

So, to start off this review, the first thing that I noticed is that well, nothing! Although, a few plaes might be read better if you were to bold or itlacize (because I can spell this word), them. Some of those words would be in the first line, " You are going to pay for all your crimes." The word "all" would look good bolded.

SO, I really like this. Its AWESOME how you potrayed, Life, Death, and such as actual people that would write back and forth. Its an interesting concept that really peaks my creative thoughts.

Overall, I liked the poem and keep up the good work! So, happy Valentines Day and MLK day! I really need to go now, Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Cheerio and fruit loops to you!

Radrook says...

Very creative! Loved the personifications.

DrFeelGood says...

TessAchtermann wrote a review...

This is amazing. I love all the different characters, and the part about time. The message was interesting, and I was hooked from the beginning. I also thought it was really cool how you did not reveal who had written the letter till the end, I was reading like, "who is writing this" just totally hooked.

Really good overall.

DrFeelGood says...

Thanks! Glad you like it!

TessAchtermann says...

keep writing!!!

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan