z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Jelly Stuff!

by DoubleOJellO


I am jelly.

A good jelly.

A jelly that lives.

Eats jellies.

Is jelly.

A good jelly

And most of all,

Bond.

Jelly Bond.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
132 Reviews


Points: 2485
Reviews: 132

Donate
Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:06 am
View Likes
racket wrote a review...



Hello there! racket here to review this interesting little piece of poetry!
Well. XD This is interesting!
Okay, well, I have about three suggestions for you. Well, the first is just a question about the content? I hope you aren't actually jelly... I assume you aren't, but we can never be sure with modern science... XD I think this just describes your habits, yes? XD Sounds fun...
Okay, actual suggestion! Punctuation! Your poem doesn't really have any flow to it, it's really choppy, as you end each line with a period. Maybe try out some commas? Attempt at using something to describe your hard-core jelly-ness in between each statement? Maybe? I don't really know; I'm just brainstorming for your benefit. This is a little strange to review, but whatever.
I also did not get the 'Jelly Bond' part. I assume it's a reference to something that I am just not getting. Something to do with James Bond? A brand of jelly?
XD Sorry for my ignorance! That's all I could really see to review here, so, I guess, good job! Interestingly humorous poetry is not common on YWS, so thanks for that! Welcome to YWS, by the way. I can't wait to read more of your works in the future!
~racket




DoubleOJellO says...


Thanks for the review! I made this poem weird in purpose. The "Jelly Bond" thing is from the James Bond films, in which Bond would reply (when somebody asks his name)" The name's Bond, James Bond."



racket says...


XD Ah, I see. And now I get your name too.



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 335
Reviews: 7

Donate
Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:51 pm
View Likes
miasylvest wrote a review...



Hi, and welcome to yws! I love the jovial and light mood of the writing. Almost everything I read is deep, or depressing, so this was a breath of fresh air. I hope to see more of your writing up on the website. I hope you've enjoyed your experience here so far! I'd love to read a more serious piece from you. I'm interested to see how you will convey your emotions onto paper.
-Mia




DoubleOJellO says...


Thanks for the review! I'm happy that this poem gives you oxygen so you can actually breathe and not die (Lol). I am planning to write a serious poem/story later on.



User avatar
175 Reviews


Points: 15167
Reviews: 175

Donate
Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:29 pm
View Likes
Harker wrote a review...



Hey there, Jello! Happy to be here, reviewing your awesome poem. Due to the nature and length of the piece, I'll be keeping this rather short.

I think this is a fun piece, and I think this is an interesting piece. But I don't think this is an engaging piece. Yes, the poem is whimsical and for that reason, it sort of reaches out to the minds of your readers, but never to the readers themselves. In fact, it's whimsical to the point of disengagement. Now let's talk about two ways you can engage with your readers more fully.

First of all, this twist. I think this is a /fun/ twist, but you could really go further with this. I don't have any specific suggestions at the moment, but I'd love to see even more. This is short, and sometimes a poem benefits from that, but this is just a bit awkward and anticlimactic. Really go the extra miles. Maybe you want to include the spy bit in there. Hint at it from the start! Or find a different ending, one that you think would startle readers more. Event though this isn't a /serious/ poem, you should be putting just as much thought into it... if not more! Writing humor is often more difficult than writing about sorrow or death or unrequited love. Work as hard as you can and test the waters on YWS. What do readers find funny? What do they find sounds more like a "cheap joke" (not that funny, maybe stolen)? I'm not saying your twist sounds like a cheap joke, but it's always good to talk to other writers as test audiences. I promise you, you'll thank me when you've done so!

Second of all, I suggest you add a rhythm. One of the reasons why this came off a little strange and awkward to me was that it has no real rhythm. And it doesn't require that much change to create one! You can always do so, for example, with punctuation. Let me give you an example (I changed a few words just for clarity's sake):

"I am jelly -
a good jelly, that
eats jellies, and
is jelly -
My name is
Bond.
Jelly Bond."

Look, you can change whatever of that you want, or ignore it altogether. It's 100% your choice! Now, I apologize if I seemed harsh in the review. But humor requires just as much thought as seriousness. This poem has a lot of potential, and I'd love to see that potential recognized.

As we say in my hometown: don't forget to be awesome.
IronSpark




DoubleOJellO says...


Thanks for the review! You weren't even a bit harsh to me. I knew I could have made this poem a lot longer, better and funnier, but this was more of a write-something-to-make-your-brain-ready kind of poem.



Harker says...


A warm-up poem, eh? I do that all the time, too. I'm glad I didn't come across as too harsh... anyway, if you have anything else for me to review, I'd be happy to!

-IronSpark

P.S. I love your username.



Random avatar

Points: 1438
Reviews: 139

Donate
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:31 am
View Likes
deleted21 wrote a review...



Hello there mate,

Hopefully you'll not forget your password for this one! :P Though you're not totally a new user or something, I think I should still say it: Welcome again to the site! So, Jelly stuff, eh? XD

Really, this made me laugh! It's pretty awesome and kiddish! Like, your previous reviewer, I too don't know how to review this but yeah, I mean YEAH! O.O

So, it's like jelly eats jellies and you mean, one is what they eat! You've got logic of course, at least for me. I love to eat almods and I'm an almond! Likewise, when you take too much rich food/meat, in return, you become healthier or should I say, meatier? XD Anyway, ignore my weird side. And, yeah, Jelly Bond! It's good to know Bond isn't only loved by humans. So, hilarious thing you've got here!

Now, these are cool:

I am jelly.

A good jelly.

A jelly that lives.
:D

So, I should leave you here! I'm sorry for irritating with my review ( if only I have! :P )

~Nire




DoubleOJellO says...


Thanks for the review! Believe it or not, I almost forgot my password again but luckily found it again (Lol). My weird personality kind of makes me be like an old baby. I'm really happy that i made you laugh :D.


Random avatar
deleted21 says...


Yeah, I didn't grow much either! I still feel like a toddler! ( :P Weeeeeeell, sometimes!!)



User avatar
802 Reviews


Points: 18884
Reviews: 802

Donate
Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:29 am
View Likes
Dracula wrote a review...



Haha, I noticed that your username had jelly in it... and your avvie... you must LOVE jelly! So do I, raspberry jelly ftw.

So I'm not really sure how to review this, it's a fun poem and from my knowledge of poetry, there isn't anything wrong with it. So I'm just going to tell you my thoughts.

One line says the jelly lives, then the next says it eats jellies. It's alive, so it can't be a zombie. Does that mean that the jelly species survives by eating each other? Are jellies cannibals? And the jelly is also good, so eating your own is encouraged? And the jelly also enjoys watching Bond films. Perhaps the jellies often watch human films, and when the jelly in question watched Bond, it thought that it was Bond, Jelly Bond. Therefore, when the jellies watched a film about cannibals, they believed that they were cannibals! Am I right?

Okay sorry, I'm being silly. :P It's humorous and fun. Welcome to YWS, DoubleOJellO!




DoubleOJellO says...


Thanks for the review! Yes, I'm a cannibal FYI. You're "theory" is kind of right. Also, because you seem like an anime fan.. I recommend you to watch " Attack at Jelly". It's this really good anime that doesn't even exist (Lol) .




I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor