N.A.P.O

by DEA

oh.

what a wonderful sound.

poets splashing and screaming
all around me.  as they peddle

their wares and their words.

it's that time of year again. time
again for some acronyms.  
and much confusion setting in.

looks like it's going to be a 
happy little n.a.p.o. season.

Who doesn’t love making poems? It’s a great way to pass time and have fun while doing it.I enjoyed reading this short little poem.I can agree that this kind of writing is very enjoyable.I think that this was written nicely and it’s very cute.Something that is lovely and fun.I hope that you will have a very splendid and awesome day and night.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:33 am
TheRebel2007 wrote a review...

Hey there DEA, Rebel here for a short review!

The title of the poem itself describes what the poem is - a short and concise and quirky poem about NAPO. I like how the poem starts and ends with a small reference to Andy William's "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year". Those small alliterations and metaphors add charm to the poem. And yes, confusions about acronyms, let's see what other acronyms are there for "N.A.P.O.", it is the name of a short film, an acronym for "National Association of Productivity and Organizing", a province in Ecuador, namesake of the River Napo. It indeed looks like it's going to be a happy little NAPO season.

Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.
— Sylvia Plath