z

Young Writers Society



Chew on This

by Curlyqpride


:shock: This is about fast food restaurants today, and the normal topic of how it is affecting obesity in America.

This book was shocking to me and I willl never step in a McDonalds Restraunt ever again!

Anyone read this? The amount of burgers America eats in a year circles the globe 35 times!! AHH!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
47 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 47

Donate
Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:09 pm
ProfessorRabbit wrote a review...



I don't usually bother to read books like this. What's the point? All it does is make you feel bad, and it has little - if any - impact on the actual fast food companies in question.

Plus, honestly, who cares how they treat the chickens? Chickens are about as worthless as animals get. The only thing that they are useful for is eating. Ditto on the cows. I guess I'm just not much of an animal rights activist. :|




Random avatar

Points: 790
Reviews: 2

Donate
Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:11 pm



I've read books like it.

I still eat McDonalds and Burger King though, bad experience at Wendys.




Random avatar

Points: 1176
Reviews: 56

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:17 pm
thunder_dude7 wrote a review...



Oh, I read it! Everybody needs to read this book!

The most shocking part, I think, was the process of butchering chickens and how sometimes, the stuff that knocks them out so they don't feel pain fails, so they're still concious when their necks are slit, and if they avoid that, they go through the boiler! It's INSANE!

I refuse to eat McDonalds, Burger King, or Wendys ever again! Only In-n-Out from now on! The book actually compliements it on its awesomeness!





How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it’s just words.
— David Foster Wallace