z

Young Writers Society



by Cosmo




Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
43 Reviews


Points: 755
Reviews: 43

Donate
Wed May 22, 2013 5:15 pm
View Likes



This is so short that I honestly thought it was going to be kind of crappy, and I would be kind of confused about what the meaning of it was, but I really enjoyed it. Nice job. (:




User avatar
297 Reviews


Points: 9917
Reviews: 297

Donate
Wed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm
View Likes
Kaylyn wrote a review...



Normally with most short poems such as these, I encourage the writer to go further, but here I think it works. I also like the abnormal alignment of Not to at the end, especially combined with the content of this poem. The grammar is spot on. One thing that I would recommend you change though is taking out "to" in the second to last line and make the period after "smile" into a comma. Your writing style is great and keep up the good work. Good luck and keep writing!
~Kay




User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 872
Reviews: 171

Donate
Wed May 22, 2013 1:54 pm
SecreteJournalist wrote a review...



Anticipate, we do.

Anticipate what?

Expect the obvious, yes.

True, very true

But intended surprise
belies to our eyes,
to make us smile.

That's sweet, I like it.

and to teach us,

Woah! No capitalization :c

Not to.

Why was this indented so far? And why is it capitalized



Either than a few mistakes, this was pretty sweet. I do wish it was longer, to explain a thing or two. Maybe a better intro would help attract readers faster. Sorry for the short review, not much to review. Anyway, I like the idea throughout this, keep writing, you will go far!




Cosmo says...


What it is a basic explanation of human nature in the simplest form.
So when I say "anticipate", I mean everything.

Its a poem to be pondered upon, as it is a lesson. There is no story, and there is no where further to go with it. It's applicable to every day life.




It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice