Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Review

Black Sun Rising, C.S. Friedman

by Coralen13

Book I am just finishing the first in a series called the Cold Fire series, A futuristic book about humans colonists in space that have become trapped on a world with a powerful and volitile force called the Fae that makes their thoughts become real. Mostly their fears and doubts. The book is set several thousand years after they first landed and have come to a type of peace with the fae, through a Faith that seeks to tame the Wild Fae so that they can live in peace with out worries of the Fae turning their nightmares in to reality.

Over all this book is fairly good and dispite that i don't really think it the best i've read and a little predictable it is good, and worth while to buy and read several times.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:35 pm
Rydia says...

Oooh, I keep meaning to read this one. My friend bought me it a while back and it looks really good.

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind