Home » Literary works » Art » Satire

My Inspirational Manifesto

by Codayy

I suppose I could've done this in Word but I had this as a painting assignment so oh well.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 am
IvoryRose wrote a review...

I don’t think it’s bad. In my opinion, paint is a hard art medium. I better with pencils and ink. Blots are completely normal and happen to everybody. Yes,even DaVinci got blots. That my theory on why he looks pissed in a portrait. The piece is simple and beautiful. Perhaps, you can use blots to create effects. That’s what most people including myself do. I know this is unrelated, but you have pretty handwriting.

Codayy says...

Personally, I still proud of this piece, I just know that if I included an actual illustration that this would turn into a mess lol. It's pretty sloppy even though it was just me painting some letters. Also, the handwriting isn't my natural handwriting, but rather a jab at manifestos on how fonts are either in a typewriter font or a super clean and polished font. I chose the former. Thank you, though! :)

demoncat says...

That is a masterpiece I just love the way you arranged the words. and the colour pattern is fabulous. Its a true work of art that deserves to be in a museum. Your a true Picasso. Keep using your heart to make relatable peices like this!
-demoncat
By the way ur my first review yay!

Codayy says...

Thank you for you kind words! My artistic ability needs work but I do like how easily the words for this satire came to me. I will say however, you have this a comment and not as a review. Just copy and paste and flick the "is this the review button" to yes and you should be good.

NightKaizer wrote a review...

HEELLO Codayy,
Art or poetry? I vote for both. Very nice combination. You painted this? As in wrote it with a paintbrush? Whenever I try to write something with a paintbrush, it turns out pretty bad. So I congratulate you!
I like how you wrote a poem but put it under the art category. Poetry is a form of literary art, so it counts! This also sounds like Language Arts class. Get it? Language "Arts"? that's why you put it under art? "Short sentences format inexcusably" and "add some adverbs to sound relatable" sounds like something my english teacher would say. This poem is like a note-to-self!
It took me a while to read the last part correctly. I thought it said "YCDI OAOT UN" at first, since I was reading left to right. But than I realized it was "you can do it" going up and down and it made a lot more sense. Again I congratulate you!

Big Beliefs,

Night Kaizer

Codayy says...

Thank you for your kind words! I wouldn't really call it poetic aside from a lines here and there as I was trying to make fun of manifestos. I didn't use a paint brush for the whole thing. I used a marker-paintbrush tool and it worked really well with the small text. I decided to make "You can do it" vertically aligned so I could fit in the last phrase of the sentence without it seeming out of place. Due to the up and down wording being cliche in manifestos, it worked out. Once again thank you.

Kaylaa wrote a review...

This is Nikayla here for a review!

So I wanted to review this to prove that I could review art :p. But really, I thought this was an interesting piece and wanted to give my opinion on it. I think this actually looks cooler than it would in Word because it adds your own personal touch to it and the handwriting that you use is interesting to me. We see how this starts off by stating something that's a larger part of the poem, saying that manifestos are a boring way to express ideas. I found this to be an interesting first line and something else that I noticed is that this is purely words and nothing else, which is something that has always fascinated me when it comes to art.

If you wanted to make pictures out of words eventually I think that would be something cool, because I already liked this piece. An interesting paint assignment to have and to end up choosing something with pure words. I especially liked the vocabulary that you used as well as the lines that happened to fit with what you were painting here because it makes the picture even more vivid.

The ending felt a little abrupt to me, but I don't think this is a bad thing as it adds a different sense or tone that contrasts from the rest of the piece. The different fonts and styles that you have here are another thing that I love about the piece, and I'd love to see more art-related things from you and perhaps you could start up a thread with them? I would definitely follow it if you did, but you don't have to. The piece tells a bit of a story and a message that goes along with it, though I would have liked to see that honed in instead of it being as broad as it is? But overall, it's an interesting piece that does well.

I hope I helped and have a great day!

Codayy says...

Thank you for the review! I apologize for replying late... Again... I've been busy trying to juggle school, tennis (because January is a great month for this sport lol), and this site.

I expected this to not get much praise overall, honestly, but I doubt myself too often. I decided to not make this with just words because of two things: I cannot draw at all and also the most popular manifestos have cliches that don't get called out enough.

As flattered as I am saying to open an art gallery or forum, this is as far as my art abilities go. I haven't done any fine art classes in high school (Creative Writing class and Photoshop class isn't fine art -.-). Also, the reason I made it so broad is because it's another satirical element of how they feelings of HOPE and BIG BELIEFS. Maybe it is too broad, though. Thank you!

dystopianmonkey01 wrote a review...

I must say, the layout is amazing. I love it!

If I were an english guru, I would hang this on my wall! No Lies!

The top of the page is a bit squished, I won't lie, but I like how the words "overshadow my little evidence" are centred.

My favourite part would definitely have to be the black highlighted bit, like yeah man! Looks great!

Only suggestion is towards the bottom everything is centred and a tad squished, so spread it out a bit more next time and don't feel like it has to be centred all the time!

This is really lovely - Tiana :)

Codayy says...

Thanks for the review :D. I apologize for making a bit squished. I wanted to make sure I ran out of space in the canvas. However, the line "overshadow my little evidence" was supposed to be harder to read for satire's sake. Yeah, the black highlight part came in sort of perfectly. I was looking up some tendencies that manifestos in and I saw somebody do this and a light bulb just cam e into my head. The bottom part is an easy fix by just spacing out "you can do it" more, but you... Paint :P

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James