Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Review

Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning

by Chevy

When I checked this book out from the library, I started reading just as we got in the car. I didn't put it down until I fell asleep in it. I really fancied the beginning and at first I really fancied Molly, because she reminded me some much of myself. However, after she met Dean and after their first rehearsal, the book really took a down fall. Molly started getting really immature and irrational and talking like she was in the third grade. There were some good parts but there were also a lot of dissappointments

Alainna says...

I liked Guitar Girl's storyline but I also agree that Molly got slightly immature towards the end. I liked it when the band first formed and the first half of the book was better.

xxx

Rydia says...

I read this one a few years back and I have to agree that the character of Molly declined towards the end. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson