Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning

by Chevy

When I checked this book out from the library, I started reading just as we got in the car. I didn't put it down until I fell asleep in it. I really fancied the beginning and at first I really fancied Molly, because she reminded me some much of myself. However, after she met Dean and after their first rehearsal, the book really took a down fall. Molly started getting really immature and irrational and talking like she was in the third grade. There were some good parts but there were also a lot of dissappointments

Riverlight wrote a review...

You'll probably never see this, @Chevy, but my name is Vilnius, and I am part of the Gray Company's system. I'm here today to review this extremely old work as it defies the Green Room's 2-review rule and also provides a minimum of 50 points so that I can pay off some peeps in a contest >.>

So, first off, I'm not sure what book that you're talking about here. If you left out the fact that this was a book, I'd guess that it was a real story but that it was missing many, many, many key details-- including who Dean is, who Molly is, what kind of rehearsal it it, what the characters and their personalities are like, etc, etc, etc. This is an extremely short and bland not-summary, as it spoils a portion of the ending without giving any plot details (unless the fact that Molly goes from possibly being a decent person to an immature, irrational third grader is a major plot point, which is still... iffy???)

Have a nice [*insert time of day here*]!!!

`

-Vilnius Pelecthwin Dragonheart

Riverlight says...

...I just realized that the book was the title, OMG I'm an idiot xD

Alainna says...

I liked Guitar Girl's storyline but I also agree that Molly got slightly immature towards the end. I liked it when the band first formed and the first half of the book was better.

xxx

Rydia says...

I read this one a few years back and I have to agree that the character of Molly declined towards the end. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight