z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A Rose For Me And Her.

by CandelLightKitty28


You bought me a rose -

I was filled with such fire it was as if I was a furnace.

I cherished this rose.

I filled a jar with water, listening as it batters the bottom,

scratching desperately wanting to escape.

Delicately, I placed the infamous rose in and set it on a pedestal.

I exposed its' beauty to the world, exclaiming my fondness and admiration for it.

Two days! They say "It's wilting."

"No! Hush, its' perfect." I say while looking through closed eyes.

They tried to tell me -

I should've listened.

I was chained into seeing ugly beauty

captured in a trance

hypnotic love

You leave.

The last petal falls and I finally see the rot that has taken over my home.

spreading like lies.

I see you

you smile

and laugh

and joke

and look happy

why aren't you as miserable as me

me, the one who carries rocks in her stomach

the damp cold a feeding ground for weeds and vines

vines that wrap around my heart

pulling until it rips from my veins and deflates while the blood pools out green

who is she?

I wonder, I ask, I scream

I've became a hurricane you can't see

I go in like a shark

the wooden fishing boat looks delicious.

but a seahorse pulls me back as I see not one but two souls entwined.

I back away into the dark cold yet again, watching, waiting.

then I see it

a rose

you hand it to her with a kiss placed upon her cheek

and my fins turn to arms and legs

and my teeth to gold

I'm drowning

I'm dying

I've become our rose.

                                    - D.F


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 156
Reviews: 10

Donate
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:00 am
DoubleRiders wrote a review...



Hey there CandlelightKitty28! Selina here from DoubleRiders to review your work.

First off I will start by saying that it’s good to see writers who take the time to think a bit while expressing their emotions. Poetry is beautiful, but a lot of people write it and the poem sounds whiny or cliche. Emotion is a big part of poetry, but so is patience. You need patience to sit and think about the best way (and most unique way) to express your emotions. Although using the rose is done so much in love/break up poems, you had a unique touch to yours which was good. I was a little confused with the whole “seahorse” thing, as I see most people were. And also the wooden fishing boat looking delicious... sharks eat meat and usually only destroy boats to get the people inside ;) The last five lines were a bit confusing as well... you turn from a fish to a human with gold teeth to a rose...? Poetry is supposed to be mysterious, with hidden meanings that only the writer catches, but it also has to make enough sense to the reader so they are held captive by the mystery, not looking at their screens confused :)

Well, that is all I have for you. Awesome job! I seriously look forward to reading more of your work! That’s all for now.

~ DoubleRiders~




User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 119
Reviews: 14

Donate
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:22 pm
CJ6233 says...



Heart touching, really felt the emotions of the person. I love the metopher and the way you described the rose. Definitely inspirational. As said in a few reviews, the line ‘but a seahorse pulls me back’, it confuses me because who is the seahorse? And also the line ‘and my teeth to gold’, there smart and beautiful metaphors but I’m slightly confused. Other than that it’s amazing, keep writing.




User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 119
Reviews: 14

Donate
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:58 pm
CJ6233 wrote a review...



Heart touching, really felt the emotions of the person. I love the metopher and the way you used the rose to describe the emotion. Definitely inspirational. As said in a few reviews, the line ‘but a seahorse pulls me back’, it confuses me because who is the seahorse? And also the line ‘and my teeth to gold’, they're smart and beautiful metaphors but I’m slightly confused. Other than that it’s amazing, keep writing!




User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 7451
Reviews: 461

Donate
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:44 pm
View Likes
Horisun wrote a review...



This is a great poem, and I loved it. It was great, it is definitely one of the better poems I've seen, however,
I felt like the phrase, "but a seahorse pulls me back" Didn't make much sense, at least, to me, it didn't.
Second, you forgot a couple commas and question marks, maybe go through it again.
That's all! I'm sorry if this came across as harsh, it was a really good poem! Keep writing, and have fun doing it!




User avatar
98 Reviews


Points: 4055
Reviews: 98

Donate


It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James