Magic

by Caitlynn

I wrote this poem so long ago.....sigh.

You say that you don't believe in magic

But how could you not?

When so much is still unknown

And everyone is just holding on,

Magic is everywhere, don't you see?

It's in the very air that you breathe

It's in the joy of others

That feeling you never can quite explain,

Magic hides everywhere

Right in plain sight

And you never notice; always holding your head high,

Magic is everywhere

Can't you see?

The magic that appears around you and me.

mythh wrote a review...

Hey Caitlyn! I'm Myth and I'll be dropping a short review.

I don't see much wrong with the poem. It's nice. There were just some grammatical errors that I'd like to point out and that's all.

Magic is everywhere

Don't you see?

The usage of semicolon here is incorrect. The semicolon should instead be placed after 'Magic is everywhere' and the comma should be in the semi colon's place. There should also be a period after 'high'. Let me just write it down for you to see what I mean.

"And you never notice, always holding your head high.

Magic is everywhere;

Don't you see?"

I hope that clears it. It's the same correction in the repeated lines, so just note for when you're correcting. There is a tiny exception for the final part however.

Magic is everywhere

Can't you see?

There's should be a semicolon after 'Magic is everywhere' like previously but I think the last line should have a hyphen to separate it from the previous line only because it is so related to the thought behind the previous line.

So, that's all. There's a pleasant idea behind the poem and it's been organized well. I don't really have an interpretation because it was more or less a straight forward poem. Of course, magic is being used as a symbol for many things but the thought being distributed is pretty straight forward in my opinion. It's not too deeply buried. It's a clear poem.

That will be all. Keep writing!

Yours sincerely,
Myth

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:07 am
James565611 wrote a review...

beautiful, perfect title. the timing of the poem is great. the thing is i don't believe in magic.

you should have done more explanations on magic, to explain how it hides everywhere, how it is in the air. this would help create clear picture of what you are trying to make the reader understand.

your poem is simple and very easy to understand. i loved it.

stanzas, can help your poem look great. i think you should do well by applying it and see how your poem looks.

great piece keep writing friend

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:48 pm
Swetachowdhury0 says...

Hiii Caitlynn, sweta here...

I like the time of your poem. And your poem is also good. The title is going well with the poem...i like it.. Its simple easy to understand. You can use stanza and it will help your poem to look good. I like it and i wish to see more of your work... Have a great time.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:49 am
Siddharth says...

I feel overall a very good poem that could have been a great one. Some of the changes that I recommend ( they are just my opinion) are:

1. Try to use a little diverse vocab because a subject like magic doesn't deserve bland words.

2. You could have explained many points in the poem in comprehensive way. (For eg. explaining how magic hides in the plain site but is missed by all in a more detailed manner.)

3. Make use of the Stanzas in the poem.

However the person who has such great creativity and simplicity (an vital thing that not many posses) should not let some technical things to stop a poem from reaching the next level.

Keep writing😊
Sid

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:39 pm
Anniepoo103 wrote a review...

Hello, Anne here to leave a review!
I really enjoyed the simplistic manner in which this poem was written. There are a few things that I suggest changing though. Your rhyme pattern seems to be pretty steady until the middle of the poem. If you do not want to change what you have written, I suggest breaking it up into stanzas so it flows better. I would also try to change "Can't you see" because you used a similar sentence at the beginning of the poem. Adding a more diverse and widespead vocabulary to a poem helps intrigue the reader and keep their interest. When a poem is too predictable, the reader starts to get bored.
Other than the preferential things that I just pointed out, I really enjoyed this poem. Simplicity is key in this style, and is seems as if you have mastered it completely. I really enjoyed reading this poem, and I hope to see more of your work on here in the future! Have a wonderful day.
- Anne

All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
— Jane Wagner