E - Everyone Language

Toxic World

by Caiteb

What happens when kids are born into a toxic world?

Well they're surrounded by poison.

Surrounded by dysfunction.

Their environment is contaminated.

Their way of life is survival.

Their mindset is fight or flight.

They’re always on guard.

Well then they grow up with this lifestyle and they struggle.

Struggle to trust.

Struggle to love.

Struggle to be “normal”.

Then they go out to the community.

They aren’t accepted.

They are medicated, incarcerated or killed.

That's what’s wrong with the world.

Many generations are broken by dysfunction.

Many people are taught survival not love.

Many people don’t fit in and are judged by it.

The people that were taught by love and the people taught by survival

intermix with each other.

The ones that don’t fit in are not accepted.

Their poisonous past is not understood. 

They are judged instead of helped.

That’s what is wrong with the world.

RandomTalks says...

Just wanted to say that I absolutely loved this poem! Its descriptive while being precise, it is thought-provoking and moving at the same time. I loved the way you have reflected the toxic patterns in our society, the destructive practices and beliefs that are not only snuffing out the good in us but also erasing the warmth from the world we are supposed to leave behind to our future generations.

The poem makes a poignant statement on human behavior that eventually comes to shape the society we live in today. At least, that's how I interpreted it! I also loved the way you used repetitions of sentence formatting - it added an extra depth to the poem that really hit hard at times.

Overall, this was a beautiful poem and thank you for sharing it with us!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:37 am
EllieMae wrote a review...

Hi there, Ellie-Mae here for a quick review!

Wishing you a happy day/evening/morning/night/whatever is applicable to your part of the world! First off, please remember that my reviews are my own opinions :) I’ll give honest feedback, but nothing at all is intended to hurt or discourage you in any way at all! <3 So, without waiting any longer, let’s get right into it and digest the spectabulous piece of literary work!

This is truly beautiful thank you. I loved reading this so much and I’d like to thank you for posting it. I love reading your beautiful insight. This flows very well. I also love the concept I love the simplicity as well. It is interesting to me to think about what may have been going on in your head while you were writing this. I can connect this and I know that everyone else can as well.

Ellie <3

Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:23 am

This is a lovely poem! I love how detailed and descriptive it is,especially when you talk about how toxic this world is and how we should love and not judge.This is so beautiful! My favorite lines were:”They are judged instead of helped.” This really lets us know that in the face of too much judging,we’d forget to practice the most humane thing:Love.I enjoyed this poem and I hope you have a lovely day/night.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:42 pm
winterwolf0100 says...

This is BEAUTIFUL! If I were on my computer I’d leave a review, but for now I’ll just leave a comment and let you know that this is honestly spectacular, and I hope to see more from you soon! : D

~Winter

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom