Home » Literary works » Art » Culture

E - Everyone Language

Toxic World

by Caiteb

What happens when kids are born into a toxic world?

Well they're surrounded by poison.

Surrounded by dysfunction.

Their environment is contaminated.

Their way of life is survival.

Their mindset is fight or flight.

They’re always on guard.

Well then they grow up with this lifestyle and they struggle.

Struggle to trust.

Struggle to love.

Struggle to be “normal”.

Then they go out to the community.

They aren’t accepted.

They are medicated, incarcerated or killed.

That's what’s wrong with the world.

Many generations are broken by dysfunction.

Many people are taught survival not love.

Many people don’t fit in and are judged by it.

The people that were taught by love and the people taught by survival

intermix with each other.

The ones that don’t fit in are not accepted.

Their poisonous past is not understood. 

They are judged instead of helped.

That’s what is wrong with the world.

Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:37 am
AilahEvelynMae wrote a review...

Hi there, Ellie-Mae here for a quick review!

Wishing you a happy day/evening/morning/night/whatever is applicable to your part of the world! First off, please remember that my reviews are my own opinions :) I’ll give honest feedback, but nothing at all is intended to hurt or discourage you in any way at all! <3 So, without waiting any longer, let’s get right into it and digest the spectabulous piece of literary work!

This is truly beautiful thank you. I loved reading this so much and I’d like to thank you for posting it. I love reading your beautiful insight. This flows very well. I also love the concept I love the simplicity as well. It is interesting to me to think about what may have been going on in your head while you were writing this. I can connect this and I know that everyone else can as well.

Ellie <3

Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:23 am

This is a lovely poem! I love how detailed and descriptive it is,especially when you talk about how toxic this world is and how we should love and not judge.This is so beautiful! My favorite lines were:”They are judged instead of helped.” This really lets us know that in the face of too much judging,we’d forget to practice the most humane thing:Love.I enjoyed this poem and I hope you have a lovely day/night.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:42 pm
winterwolf0100 says...

This is BEAUTIFUL! If I were on my computer I’d leave a review, but for now I’ll just leave a comment and let you know that this is honestly spectacular, and I hope to see more from you soon! : D

~Winter

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites