Generation X

by CadillacMac

April 4, 2011

America- the America that I once knew was the sweet sounding future of prosperous beginnings-I dreamed of life after high school and college itself but what I have been told and what is the truth is long abstracted- I hear the cries of my generation-the cries of them I hear- I see multiple personalities diminished by the bottle- both pharmaceutical and alcoholic in nature- and there once smiling dreaming eyes gone- nothing but addiction stays- and with these addictions there old selves are replaced- Damn- kids having sex with other kids-having sex with everyone- has deemed our generation- Generation X-

Ex dreams- ex beginnings- ex morals- ex happiness- why are they frayed from life’s true paths as I once was? I am no longer a part of this Generation- I am utterly by myself in nature- I understand what these benevolent children do not- I understand addiction and love- I understand dreams and dreams themselves understand me- and for this I no longer am sad for this generation- because they are sad themselves as I am not- I am not confused or sad- for life is a road that all must travel, frayed from the road occasionally but always true in path, because in the end the road itself must-

Live freely-

John Mac

CardDragon wrote a review...

The reality is sad today, many children drop out of of school and do not practice absence.
At my school, there are 2500-3000 students enrolled. There is not one time where you do not see a girl pregnant,you could just pick a girl out of the hallway and one of two times, they would not be virgin. Our generation is commended by the other generations. Wars and famines are bound to happen soon or when we grow up. Though this is a cycle, bad generations lead to good generations and bad generations lead to good generations.

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead