z

Young Writers Society



Diary Of A Depressed Bipolar Girl

by Bunny


Heyyy

It’s weird how I’m writing or even talking about this cause I’ve always told my self to keep it all inside but I guess I can’t anymore

Someone told me something today

“This isn’t the choice I know” and it got me thinking I’ve been hearing stuffs like that lately “the choice I know can do this” “the choice I know is smart” the choice I know is this, the choice I know is that…… But the truth is, do you even know me?? All you know is what I want people to believe, who I want them to see me as…, but the truth is no one knows me…. I don’t even know myself… That’s why I go with Clare the perfect identity for the me I portray to the outside world, the me that’s happy, smart, gives advices, jokes around and laughs a lot. But that’s Clare not Choice

Choice is…. Choice is a girl that stopped caring about anything at an early age, choice is a girl that used deviance, rudeness and stubbornness to cover up how weak she was and how much she wants to end it all. Choice is a girl that craves and seeks attention that she’ll never get, she’s a lonely child that has wanted nothing more than to die since the age of 7. This is Choice, not Clare.

Clare smiles brightly while choice cries herself to sleep every night. Clare is obsessed with her beauty while Choice cuts but in places that it doesn’t affect the main character Clare. Clare is the girl that gives advices while Choice yearns for someone to talk to, to tell just a glimpse not her problems but finds no one.

Choice and Clare may be the same person but they live in different worlds 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
82 Reviews


Points: 923
Reviews: 82

Donate
Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:41 am
Ley wrote a review...



Hello! I just wanted to stop by and leave a review/my thoughts on this piece! :D

My first impression was that this was a novel excerpt, but after seeing the tags and genre categorization, I've realized that this could possibly be your words. I may be totally off, but either way I enjoyed the read.

I really enjoyed your use of comparison here, and defying the odds. I really connected with your comparison to 'Clare' and 'Choice', not only because both words start with the letter 'c' but also because of the way you wrote it. I can already tell you're a very creative and talented writer because not many people can jot down emotions and feelings as you did! It can be a hard thing to do, and I applaud you for it! <3

I did spot some grammar issues, but most of them are just general grammatical errors that I don't quite think you should be too worried about. This seems like a very personal piece, and I'd like to keep this review as casual as possible. On a different note, this may just be my favorite line in this piece:

Clare is the girl that gives advices while Choice yearns for someone to talk to, to tell just a glimpse not her problems but finds no one.


Not only in this sentence did you make the reader feel connected to Clare, but it was also the perfect way to close out this piece and add more emotional ties. The last sentence also left me reflecting on the whole piece, and made me realize that I am also connected to Clare in some ways.

Overall, I really enjoyed this read and I appreciate the emotion you put into it. I hope to see you around YWS!

With Love,
Ley <3




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 250
Reviews: 21

Donate
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:21 pm
Serrurie wrote a review...



Sending all of my air hugs to you through the screen. I know I'm just a stranger, that we can hide ourselves through the screen, but I'm going to try to give the advice I have (on the chapter, and on life).

Clare is never the right answer. From what you said, she seems like a people-pleaser. She yearns for people to like her. It's as if that's where her identity is set. The problem is that people are incredibly unreliable and putting her identity in them only causes Choice to fall into a deeper hole.

Choice is a 'Debby Downer' type of gal who seems to have given up on a meaning for life at all. While Clare is off trying to figure herself out in life, Choice is at a far distance and ready to kill off them both.

Both of them, in a sense, are looking for purpose. But they haven't found it.

Neither Choice, nor Clare have been kind to you. As you search for your purpose, for someone or something to fill your voids, may I suggest the Bible?

I know, I know, you may not be into all of that 'religious' stuff, and Christians seem 'snooty'. But the Bible does have every single answer to your pain and your purpose. I have a couple of verses to cite, before you click off of this review.

'Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean He no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? ... No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow — not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below — indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:35, 37-39)'
'I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14)'
'And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (Ephesians 3:18-19)'.

You are amazing and loved an fearfully & wonderfully made. And you have a very, very important purpose on this Earth. Don't let Choice tell you otherwise. As I said, you're amazing.

Stop by at my account if you have any questions!
-Serrurie.
:)





Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain