z

Young Writers Society



it wasn’t another decade for me

by Brigadier



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 6713
Reviews: 130

Donate
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:44 pm
Stellarjay wrote a review...



Hello Brigaider,
I hope this review reaches you well.
I didn’t know what to expect coming into this, but it certainly did not disappoint! I feel as if there is a lot of meaning and emotion behind this work. It was very blunt and to the point. It had a very unedited feel to it which made it sound like a rant. Also I noticed how there were no capital letters in the paragraphs.
After reading over it a few times I finally got it! (I’m slow at these things XD)There is a huge difference between actually being a “hippy” and fantasizing being a hippy. However in recent years that line has become fuzzy. So now the people who call themselves “hippies” are actually just normal people who don’t do anything actual “hippies” do. But these people pretending to be “hippies” are affecting everyone around them, including me and you. They have created new norms and ideals that prevent us from being able to express ourselves freely. We feel the pressure to conform to these new norms and be like the “cool kids”/”hippies”. It’s frustrating for sure.
Another sentiment that I picked up on was how people keep saying that they were born in the wrong decade. I think that this is usually a coping mechanism, especially when times are tough. But as you stated,

you weren’t born in the wrong decade. You were born during the natural progression of a terribly formed idea.
We kind of have to deal with it. You can say that you were born in the wrong decade or whatever, but you are here in the now and we have to just live through it.

Anyways, I hope this review was helpful, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Keep on writing and have a great rest of your day!
Stellarjay




User avatar
969 Reviews


Points: 126
Reviews: 969

Donate
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:56 pm
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



I think this is about someone (You,maybe) wanting to freely express themselves but being judged by society for it.Therefore,you live suppressing your true self.When you have all this light to shine.All these dreams crushed by the unforgiving world.So much to say and not enough time to say it.I hope you have an amazing and lovely day and night.





Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
— Dr. Seuss